• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Brobzoid said:
whats ur steam name?
I'm fine, don't worry about it. I wouldn't even know when I could make a chance to play it(Spent 75$ already, 1/5 of what I spent all year). It's one of the few adventure titles I think looks fantastic, so I don't mind waiting for it either. I just rather buy it when I can give them the cash more directly is all.

stuminus3

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Is the Fright Pack worth it if I already own The Void and Zombie Driver? I mostly just want The Path but Scourge Project looks interesting.
Don't buy it for the Scourge Project, it's terrible.

Buy it for Burn Zombie Burn which is great fun.

Artofwar420 said:
Now that this is the last day. What are some game you're definitely going to nab now?

Indie packs (Brain, Flight)
Penumbra Pack
Medieval II Total War Gold
Railroad Tycoon II Gold
Jericho

Aaaaand I'm done. I might have to skip the summer sale.

edit: Oh yeah, nabbed the indie dotd (Grotesque Tactics). Looks okay at least.

Artofwar420 said:
Now that this is the last day. What are some game you're definitely going to nab now?

Ill prob pick up Pirates! for $2.50 and Mafia for $4.99..

The one game i wanted a big sale on was Morrowind... no luck =\

Blizzard

Banned
As a side note, I noticed the Burnout Paradise page had a warning that EA could discontinue online features with 30 days warning or whatnot. I wonder how long they will stay up. I suppose that means multiplayer may stop working at some point?

Anyway, here's the crazy OCD breakdown for me!

Bought for myself:
==================

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
Bionic Commando + Rearmed (2 games)
Brothers in Arms Pack (this is 3 separate games, right?)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (1 game)
CivCity: Rome
Day of Defeat: Source
Emerald City Confidential
Far Cry Complete (2 games)
Grand Ages: Rome Gold
Greed Corp
Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
Indie Future Pack (4 games I didn't already have)
King Arthur Pack (1 game plus 3 DLC)
LEGO Batman
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle (5 games)
Mafia II DLC Jimmy'S Vendetta
Mafia II DLC Joe's Adventures
Mass Effect 2
Overlord Complete Pack (2 games, plus expansion)
Rush
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Supreme Commander 2 + Infinite War Battle Pack One DLC
The Sherlock Holmes Collection (6 games)
Tropico 3: Absolute Power (expansion)
X3: Terran Conflict

Self-purchase total: $134.51 USD
Number of games: 40 (I did not count DLC or expansions as "games")
Average price per game: $3.36 USD

Gifted to others:
=================

Altitude
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition (2 copies)
Booster Trooper
Deus Ex Collection (2 games)
Indie Future Pack (5 games, assuming the person didn't own any of them)
LucasArts Adventure Pack (4 games)
Mirror's Edge
Super Meat Boy
Tropico 3 Gold (1 game plus expansion)
Windosill

Gift-purchase total: $48.67 USD
Number of games: 19 (I did not count DLC or expansions as "games")
Average price per game: $2.56 USD

Overall Totals:
===============

Leftover in Steam wallet: $4.71 (not to mention I helped someone in another region so I get to try to use a few Paypal funds at some point)

Total spent including the leftover wallet funds: $187.89
Total per "game" overall, not counting DLC or expansions as games: $3.18

BONUS AMAZON DIGITAL ROUND:
===========================

ArmA 2
ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead
AURA: Fate of the Ages
AURA 2: The Sacred Rings
Dark Fall: The Journal
Lost Horizon

Amazon purchase total: $22.50
Number of games: 6
Average price per game: $3.75

CONCLUSION:
===========

Spending an average of under $4 per game is pretty reasonable, even if I did spend just over $200 on digital download games for myself and others this Christmas. I would like to think that most of the games are even decent. :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
SalsaShark said:
Alright so the weirdest fuckin shit just happened

I bought the everyday genius game and thought to myself: "hey i didnt have 1 dollar left yesterday.. wtf", so i tried to buy Dark Void Zero wich i had my eye on for a while.. and to my surprise, i could.

Alright what the fuck.

Went on and tried to buy Tomb Raider Anniversary, and i could.

So i kinda freaked out that i was going to get some kind of debt on my CC or something, so i logged out of Steam and Logged in again, and now i cant buy anything, as if all was back to normal. Thing is that i still have the games i bought. wat.

I mean i guess i got a refund for something ? i had a package in the mail but that thing's shipped, i doubt i could get a refund at this point..
Lucky bastard D:

I'm still waiting for them to respond a support ticket, any idea how long does it take in general?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
X05 said:
Lucky bastard D:

I'm still waiting for them to respond a support ticket, any idea how long does it take in general?

Mine were always answered within 12 hours. One time I send tickets and got 5 responds in 8 hours. Wasnt sale time though, so it might take longer.

Max

I am not Max
I'm about to gift Amnesia to a friend who's deathly afraid of horror games. He told me he's so proud of me for being able to complete it :lol

kamspy

SalsaShark said:

I bought the everyday genius game and thought to myself: "hey i didnt have 1 dollar left yesterday.. wtf", so i tried to buy Dark Void Zero wich i had my eye on for a while.. and to my surprise, i could.

Alright what the fuck.

So i kinda freaked out that i was going to get some kind of debt on my CC or something, so i logged out of Steam and Logged in again, and now i cant buy anything, as if all was back to normal. Thing is that i still have the games i bought. wat.

I mean i guess i got a refund for something ? i had a package in the mail but that thing's shipped, i doubt i could get a refund at this point..

Sounds like you've hacked Steam by accident and will be deactivated accordingly.

Nabs

Max said:
I'm about to gift Amnesia to a friend who's deathly afraid horror games. He told me he's so proud of me for being able to complete it :lol

I was afraid of this happening to me :lol Then I tried the demo and really enjoyed it. You should do it.

Thinking of picking up the Horror indie pack. Which others are worth it?

If I only had to pick two more.

Adventure pack worth it?

edit: I meant the fright indie pack

Salsa

Artofwar420 said:

VReWQ.png

y5JJZ.png

utIv9.png

gvmGv.png

kamspy said:
Sounds like you've hacked Steam by accident and will be deactivated accordingly.

wat :lol

i did nothing, if anything i guess id get these last games removed.

Starting to think it was the refund thing or some kind of new year bonus.

Labombadog said:
Thinking of picking up the Horror indie pack. Which others are worth it?

If I only had to pick two more.

Hard to go wrong, there's at least one game I love in every pack. But...do you own any of those? What kind of games do you like? Need more info. :p

For my part, I picked up Flight, Brain and Indie, though my choices were guided somewhat by how many games I had in the other packs.

I only want what I can't get. :lol If anybody wants to buy something in the price range of Pirates! please let me know. I can only gift back because I have no Paypal account. :(

Volcynika

YYZ said:
But what is that? Sorry, I don't know.

Is it easily accessible or meant to be accessed?

Basically a listing of the games/packages on the service. Not easily accessible, not very many people at all can see it. No prices or anything like that included though.

Firehead

SalsaShark said:

Alright what the fuck.

Sounds like some of the purchases from Steam have yet to go through. Some of them take days, especially during these holiday sales. If it's with a bank card, you'll probably be overdrawn soon or something... :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So GAF has been good to me during this sale, and there are plenty of nice people on GAF and I'd love to give back. And now that I've got my Paypal stuff finally sorted out, I'm gonna gift away 1 copy of Plants vs. Zombies.

I tried to think of an awesome skill testing question, and this is the best I could do:

What is the best racing game ever?
Hint #1: It's on Xbox.
Hint #2: Awesome series, my favourite series in fact, if that helps somehow.

First one to get it wins.

SalsaShark said:
You guys are talking Pirates! as in Sid Meier's Pirates ? cant find it, would love to get it D:

It's in there, I've seen it. Dirt cheap but I won't double-dip on that one, I don't think I'll ever play it again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
enzo_gt said:
So GAF has been good to me during this sale, and there are plenty of nice people on GAF and I'd love to give back. And now that I've got my Paypal stuff finally sorted out, I'm gonna gift away 1 copy of Plants vs. Zombies.

I tried to think of an awesome skill testing question, and this is the best I could do:

Rallisport Challenge

Salsa

Firehead said:
Sounds like some of the purchases from Steam have yet to go through. Some of them take days, especially during these holiday sales. If it's with a bank card, you'll probably be overdrawn soon or something... :/

I recieved the steam e-mail and ive installed my games and everything

also i cant do it anymore

echoshifting said:
Hard to go wrong, there's at least one game I love in every pack. But...do you own any of those? What kind of games do you like? Need more info. :p

For my part, I picked up Flight, Brain and Indie, though my choices were guided somewhat by how many games I had in the other packs.
I enjoy adventure, horror, rpgs, and 2d games. I do own Lumines, and geometry wars.

Polk

enzo_gt said:

Rallisport Challenge 2. If it's wrong answer you suck.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
enzo_gt said:

Forza

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
enzo_gt said:

Er.. Ridge Racer 6?

Salsa

enzo_gt said:

NFS: Shift ?

enzo_gt said:

Project Gotham Racing

gotee12

enzo_gt said:

Why Forza, of course...

enzo_gt said:

PGR?

X05

enzo_gt said:
I must suck then. Nope. Try again, no one's gotten it yet.

Y'all can guess again at this rate.
PGR4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom