• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
enzo_gt said:
Wasn't on the original Xbox, but your hella, hella close.

Project Gotham Racing 1!

Sheesh. You are all mean :D I was the first who mentioned PGR and couldnt post again due to the 60 second limit :lol

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Toma said:
Mine were always answered within 12 hours. One time I send tickets and got 5 responds in 8 hours. Wasnt sale time though, so it might take longer.
Lol, almost overlooked your post.
24 hours have passed already, so I'm hoping it doesn't take much longer, given that the sales end tomorrow D:

Spwn

Not too bad, I think I spent less than 20€. I don't really want to think about it, because I don't even have a PC that can run any games at the moment.

Ok, I give up:
FEAR Collection
HL1 Anthology
Super Meat Boy

Parham

Banned
SteelAttack said:
I only want what I can't get. :lol If anybody wants to buy something in the price range of Pirates! please let me know. I can only gift back because I have no Paypal account. :(
What is your SteamID?

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like someone else was able to help you. :p

Truespeed

enzo_gt said:
So GAF has been good to me during this sale, and there are plenty of nice people on GAF and I'd love to give back. And now that I've got my Paypal stuff finally sorted out, I'm gonna gift away 1 copy of Plants vs. Zombies.

I tried to think of an awesome skill testing question, and this is the best I could do:

What is the best racing game ever?
Hint #1: It's on Xbox.
Hint #2: Awesome series, my favourite series in fact, if that helps somehow.

First one to get it wins.

PGR4

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
echoshifting said:
Be glad I got to you first, my CC company declined me for salsa's :lol

lol. Poor Salsa. 3...2...1.. until he comes to the thread to ask for someone else to help him.

I'm actually starting to wonder if it's Valve, not my bank. I just spoke to four different departments at my bank and they can't even see Valve attempting to put a charge through.

Has anyone else had this problem? Two identical purchases, back to back, gifting to two different people and Valve won't even try the second one? Is there some kind of general purchasing problem on Steam atm?

Sorry salsa :(

Salsa

echoshifting said:
I'm actually starting to wonder if it's Valve, not my bank. I just spoke to four different departments at my bank and they can't even see Valve attempting to put a charge through.

Has anyone else had this problem? Two identical purchases, back to back, gifting to two different people and Valve won't even try the second one? Is there some kind of general purchasing problem on Steam atm?

Ok im starting to freak out that something DID happen to my steam account :(

Len Dontree said:
I was thinking of picking up The Maw, is any of the DLC worthwhile?
Not to scare you away from a steam sale here but the maw is $2.50 at the moment onlive, if you have a good connection. When I tried it's 30 minute demo months back it was fully playable from the UK.

Thought i'd just throw that one out.

I wonder how easy it would be to hybridize the steam holiday sale thread and the off-topic forum's annual secret santa. Might be a fun way to swap favorite titles. I always want to participate in that but I worry about shipping costs and just not having it together enough to get a gift out on time. Steam would be a lot less effort. ;)

If people would participate, I'd be willing to manage something like this next year. What do you think?

SalsaShark said:
Ok im starting to freak out that something DID happen to my steam account :(

Yeahhhhhh you might want to call them...? Nobody at my bank could even see an attempt to run the card.

echoshifting said:

Maybe not related to them taking more from my bank, but I could swear when purchasing CivCity from the steam wallet, they charged more than 1 euro. As I had an amount close to 8 euros which suddenly became 6 something.

Their system has obviously many flaws and things that can go bad when purchasing products.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
enzo_gt said:
So GAF has been good to me during this sale, and there are plenty of nice people on GAF and I'd love to give back. And now that I've got my Paypal stuff finally sorted out, I'm gonna gift away 1 copy of Plants vs. Zombies.

I tried to think of an awesome skill testing question, and this is the best I could do:

What is the best racing game ever?
Hint #1: It's on Xbox.
Hint #2: Awesome series, my favourite series in fact, if that helps somehow.

First one to get it wins.
I assume you mean single player racing, since the best Multiplayer one was published by Nintendo.

Salsa

Can anyone gift me like the crappiest cheapest game ever or something to see if it really is my steam account that is freaking out ?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SalsaShark said:
Can anyone gift me like the crappiest cheapest game ever or something to see if it really is my steam account that is freaking out ?
I'll do it so you can share in my pain of Magnetis.

What is your ID.

It could be good, but my 10 minute impression of not being able to clear the lower rows really annoyed me

Salsa

pm sent!

edit: hey its a blooper :p

600px-MP8_Blooper.jpg

Petrie

Banned
I have an odd request:

So I didn't do the Steam wallet thing like I should've, and now my CC is locked down, and I can't call till tomorrow, but the deals will be gone by then. Could anyone gift a copy of the kids indy pack to an account for me, and I will paypal the cash as soon as my account gets unlocked tomorrow?

I know it's a lot to ask, but I did the whole waiting till the last day thing as suggested, and now it's looking bleak...

My purchases from the sale:

CivCity: Rome,
Blueberry Garden
Company of Heroes Gold
Indie 2D Pack
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle
Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe
Crysis Complete (ROW),
SimCity 4 Deluxe,
King's Bounty: Collection,
Rush,
Section 8
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
Killing Floor DLC
Serious Sam Gold Pack (ROW)
F.E.A.R.: Ultimate Shooter Edition
Red Faction 2, Red Faction
Darksiders,
Alpha Protocol
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Puzzle Quest, Lara Croft GOL
Titan Quest Gold,
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Super Meat Boy,
Shattered Union

I also received gifts of:
Ghost Master
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Collection
Indie Flight Pack

The only things I'm still considering are:
Indie Fright Pack
Painkiller Black
Mafia II

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Diablohead said:
Not to scare you away from a steam sale here but the maw is $2.50 at the moment onlive, if you have a good connection. When I tried it's 30 minute demo months back it was fully playable from the UK.

Thought i'd just throw that one out.

I appreciate the heads up, but I'd probably still just rather play it through Steam, and $5 isn't too bad. I'm kind of interested in OnLive, but this isn't the game to get me to sign up. :p Thanks though!

Parham

Banned
echoshifting said:

The problem is entirely on Valve's side. The best way to circumvent this issue is to gift the game to an email account. Typically, you have to wait about six to twelve hours before you are able to gift games directly again.

Here is the solution Valve's customer support gave me a few days back:

Valve said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Are you attempting to make the purchase through Steam or with a web browser using the storefront webpage?

If using Steam, try the following:

If using a PC
-Exit Steam, then go to the location that Steam is installed to. By default this is C:\Program Files\Steam directory (this is the default with a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).
-Delete all of the files except for:
Steam.exe
And the folder \SteamApps\

If using a Mac:
-Exit Steam and go to the folder Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam
-Delete all of the files in this folder except for SteamApps.

Restart your computer and test the issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

If the issue still persists, try using a web browser (Internet Explorer 7 or higher on PC, or Safari if on a Mac) to make the purchase using http://store.steampowered.com/

If it still fails, try logging into your Steam account and making the purchase directly through the Store interface.

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Salsa

apparently DrKirby cant gift me either ?

what the fuck is going on, i swear to god, i have over 120 paid games here, im freaking outttttttttt

toasty_T said:
I'm thinking about Civ IV. I've never been particularly good at the isometric strategy genre, is it a good entry point?

Absolutely. I've never been very good at it either...till I played Civ IV. The tutorial/hint system is really great...it'll help you learn the basics of the entire genre. Can't recommend enough.

I had no interest in the Civ games, picked that one up on a whim, and now I'm drooling over V...can't wait till I can play it...

Toma

SalsaShark said:
apparently DrKirby cant gift me either ?

what the fuck is going on, i swear to god, i have over 120 paid games here, im freaking outttttttttt

Steam ID was?

n0b

Drkirby said:
I assume you mean single player racing, since the best Multiplayer one was published by Nintendo.
What might that be?

Anyway all of you are wrong Trackmania is the best.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
n0b said:
What might that be?

Anyway all of you are wrong Trackmania is the best.
I rather leave it ambiguous

And I want grand ages!

But give it to someone who will play it sometime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom