• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0n44m

PEGGLEEEE :D

(and double dipped on BC2 which I already had on ps3 + grabbed Vietnam ... show me some DX11 sweetness :lol )

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Flunkie said:
For the first time, a Steam sale is confusing to me. Are the individual Indie packs going to change every day, orrr..?
If it's in the daily section, it's daily. If not in the daily section, it isn't daily.

F.E.A.R
Super Meat Boy
Civ 4 Complete
Winterbottom
Shattered Union
-----
$13.46

Got the "credit card denied" message upon checking out though it had gone through, like many others apparently. It's understandable that they wouldn't gear up server-wise to the point that these super peak days go entirely smoothly, but they could at least make the error messages smarter.

1-D_FTW

That Tomb Raider isn't even on sale. The entire Eidos/Square catalog is marked down 50 percent. So it's basically normal sale price.

I'm not saying it's not worth it, just that it's not marked down anything special today.

Holding out hope they have a Tomb Raider package one day. Don't have any of them.

Is anyone else having a problem trying to purchase stuff? I'm trying to buy BFBC2 and Super Meat Boy, but every time I press the purchase button, I just get the error:

"Your purchase has not been completed. The payment processor has reported an authorization failure."

Steam is wonky. Risked paying with paypal, and the transaction failed. However, the amount was deducted from the paypal balance, and the games did get added to my library. What is going on?

This might sound dumb, but I'm going to risk it and wait to see if the potato pack becomes a reality. I don't own any of the games in that pack.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
slidewinder said:
F.E.A.R
Super Meat Boy
Civ 4 Complete
Winterbottom
Shattered Union
-----
$13.46

Got the "credit card denied" message upon checking out though it had gone through, like many others apparently. It's understandable that they wouldn't gear up server-wise to the point that these super peak days go entirely smoothly, but they could at least make the error messages smarter.

Hopefully you are not using Windows Vista. I do and realized after buying that game that there is a remark at the bottom of the steam page saying its not compatible.

Toma said:
Hopefully you are not using Windows Vista. I do and realized after buying that game that there is a remark at the bottom of the steam page saying its not compatible.
I'm on 7, wonder if it'll work. I just bought it because it was $0.49 and I saw other GAFfers picking it up :lol

clav

Just realized that Audio Surf in this sale is not in the indie music pack.

Darn. I was going to gift that whole pack to a friend.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
AcridMeat said:
No don't!!!

You can buy each individually for $7.50! FEAR 1 is $2.50 and 2 is $5.
Reborn doesn't come with 2 like the expansions do for 1, and it's pretty sweet.

MoFuzz

AcridMeat said:
No don't!!!

You can buy each individually for $7.50! FEAR 1 is $2.50 and 2 is $5.
Reborn DLC isn't worth the $2.50?

FEAR 1 includes two expansions no matter which way you buy it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
slidewinder said:
I'm on 7, wonder if it'll work. I just bought it because it was $0.49 and I saw other GAFfers picking it up :lol
Also seems to have some problems. There just isnt any feedback yet because people arent trying out the games they bought :p and its a 1,4gb download. But, yeah. I am dissappointed I cant get it to work.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Asparagus said:
Too late! Is the DLC not worth it? I just noticed it's 2 pence cheaper to buy all three separately.
7.50 + 2.50 = 10

Reborn is cool.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
slidewinder said:
I'm already tried on Win 7. The game won't even make it to the title screen.

Uffe

I was thinking of buying Jagged Alliance 2 and Stalker: Call of Pripyat, they are 65% and 50% off but I guess they are outside of the daily deals so I should wait or?

Yasae

Banned
Jeo said:
Price error on Valve complete. Was $25 now $50

Thats the only price change as far as I know
Definitely not the only price change. TFU2 was indeed $19.99. I saw the Valve Complete at $24.99 earlier, that's certainly true.

It was erroneous as the Lucasarts sale banner excludes TFU2.

Toma said:
Also seems to have some problems. There just isnt any feedback yet because people arent trying out the games they bought :p and its a 1,4gb download. But, yeah. I am dissappointed I cant get it to work.
Noted. Will avoid.

Since the page didn't say Windows 7, only Vista would valve give a refund or doesn't it work like that?

Feep

Banned
GAF!

I have never played the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, or the newer remake, which looked absolutely beautiful to me.

WHICH SHOULD I BUY

Toma

K.Jack said:
I'm already tried on Win 7. The game won't even make it to the title screen.

Yeah well then.. Guess its a game to play when I finally build my Windows XP gaming machine!
Well, we lost 0,49 cents. Bearable. But people should be warned.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I <3 Memes said:
Alright I'm finally home. What did I miss?
As someone who apparently loves memes, you missed a lot of the "Based God" meme. Of course wiki defines meme as "A meme is a term referring to a unit of cultural information transferable from one mind to another" and I am not sure that any information is involved in the Based God repeated phrase of no meaning or whatever it is.
Oh and something about games being cheap on impulse or something.

Yeef

Picked up Super Meat Boy, Bad Company 2, Prince of Persia 2008, Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands and Indie Kid Pack for $25.

Hooray for sales.

Bigfoot

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Do any of the Prince of Persia games support the 360 controller?
I searched the Steam forums and you can use the 360 controller for Sands of Time but you have to first configure the controls in the game options. I assume this is also true for the other two games in the Sands of Time trilogy.

Super Meat Boy
Valve Pack
Indie 2d Pack
Oddbox

I'm done, that was all I wanted

(although torchlight is looking mighty fine at that price)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Feep said:
GAF!

I have never played the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, or the newer remake, which looked absolutely beautiful to me.

WHICH SHOULD I BUY

Sands of Time doesn't have proper gamepad support and sucks ass with m/kb. You can get it working with Xpadder and the like but it's still a PITA. Haven't tried Forgotten Sands yet though.

Feep

Banned
Sinatar said:
Sands of Time doesn't have proper gamepad support and sucks ass with m/kb. You can get it working with Xpadder and the like but it's still a PITA. Haven't tried Forgotten Sands yet though.
No, not Forgotten Sands. The game simply entitled "Prince of Persia".

Fredescu

That Square pack has some delicious mediocre looking games in there that I'd love to try, but $75 is a little too much for "so bad it's good". I think it's the first time Yosumin has been on sale, so I'll grab that. It won't be a daily.

For some reason I'm not applying the same logic to the Paradox pack. I'm installing Ship Simulator as soon as I get home!

verbatimo

Grabbed these:

Lara Croft : Guardian of Light 7.50€
Elven Legacy Collection 7€

No way I'm going to make it out alive with 50€ which I transfered to my steam account if first days sale I already used almost third of the money. :D

Damn you steam. Give it a pinky and it takes the whole hand.

pilonv1 said:
Has anyone worked out why the Valve pack isn't available in Australia?

pilonv1
Loser
i5W3S.gif

(Today, 10:42 PM)

no idea though

Ledsen

I'm not buying anything that's no a daily deal until the last day. Nothing interesting for me today. Super Meat Boy doesn't look like fun to me, I'm not big on frustrating repetition no matter how well executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom