• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
SirPenguin said:
Winterbottom
$0.49

Indie 2D Pack
$4.99

Battlefield Bad Company 2
$6.79

Total:
$12.27

I will not, I will not, I will not spend more than $50 total this sale
What? It shows to me at $10.19. =(

An-Det

Super Meat Boy, Fear Complete, The Oddboxx
Total: $26.23

Not horrible. Plus gifting Super Meat Boy and PB Winterbottom to my stepdad, comes out to about $30 total.

What is the deal on the Indie packs? Are they continuous throughout the sale with only the single sale each day (today being Sol Survivor)? I presume so but it's not as clear as the rest.

I now understand the value of having a wishlist. I was looking through, saw everything was on sale and saw that Civ IV complete is $6.49! Where was this advertised? I'm completely surprised, quite happy, but also a little confused.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
BFBC 2
Meatboy
P.B. Winterbottom

Should be about it for today, still hesitating on prince of persia 2008.

What i really hope to see in the next daily deals is dirt cheap mirror's edge, dragon age, mass effect 2, assassin's creed 2 & stalker series

Shaneus

Have put in a request for BFBC2 and the FEAR pack over in the gifting thread (hint hint :lol ) and will be jumping in on Stranger's Wrath and *maybe* PB if I don't have it already.

Shit, forgot about the PoPs. Probably getting those too.

fushi

mattiewheels said:
Also, am I weird for just buying FEAR 1 for $2.50 rather than getting both? What I played of the second left me kinda cold, someone love it?
I did. Maybe not to death, but I don't regret buying it for... 22,5 euros, was it? It's an above-average shooter, definitely.

I bought the DLC this time around, too.

Hero

Question:

If you buy a game as a gift but don't own it yourself, can you still register the activation code to your account later?

Going to jump on Super Meat Boy but tempted to get it as a gift item for now since it might be included in an upcoming bundle pack and I hate that you can't gift extras.

Nabs

just bought super meat boy again. sent it to one of my other email accts. i'll let it sit before i give it away.

Hero said:
Question:

If you buy a game as a gift but don't own it yourself, can you still register the activation code to your account later?

Going to jump on Super Meat Boy but tempted to get it as a gift item for now since it might be included in an upcoming bundle pack and I hate that you can't gift extras.

Yes that's a good idea. You can gift it to yourself and then if the said scenario plays out, change the gift recepient to an email address other than your own

coopolon

Minsc said:
I just tried w/ my 360 wireless and it worked perfectly. I had to manually setup the gamepad's buttons in the game's options, but it only took like 1 minute (mostly to figure out I had to double click the item to get it to take my input I was trying to assign to the item)!

Thanks! I downloaded the demo, but after everyone said it wasn't working, when I didn't figure out the double click thing I just gave up. But now I tried ita gain and it works flawlessly with the 360 pad.

Now I have to decide how much I care that's it's not in widescreen. Does anyone know if the next two games had any widescreen options? Won't be able to do 1600x1200 on 1080p television anyway, so it won't be that much more impressive looking on TV than the PS3 releases.

Joe Molotov said:
They have shite pad support, you have to use Xpadder and hope for the best.

I just played through the demo with the wireless 360 pad with the official receiver and it worked flawlessly on windows 7 64 bit. I can't imagine it works in the demo and not in the actual game, and based on Minsc's experience, I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

The only thing is when assigning buttons you have to double click the button you want to assign, the press the button on the game pad.

Forkball

Still snooping around before I buy anything. I will probably pick up BC2, SMB, and Winterbottom for right now. But damn, The Witcher isn't on sale AT ALL. You'd think they'd put it on sale to get more fans before the second one hits.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just Meat Boy for me today. I own pretty much everything else already :lol

Is the Odd World 50% off thing just today? I remember reading somewhere that it would be half-off for the duration of the Holiday sale.

InertiaXr

Does anybody know if World Basketball Manager 2010 is any good? It's only 1.49 and looks much like Football Manager 2011 so I figure it can't be that bad, but after what I've seen people say about the MLB Front Office Manager... :lol

dani_dc

Zefah said:
Just Meat Boy for me today. I own pretty much everything else already :lol

Is the Odd World 50% off thing just today? I remember reading somewhere that it would be half-off for the duration of the Holiday sale.
Just today.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
jakershaker said:
I really hope some Borderlands DLC gets included in the sale. Doesn't look like it so far :/

Me too. I need Claptrap.

Zefah said:

Yes. 25% Off after today until Jan 3rd and then normal price after that.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Kilgore Trout said:
I now understand the value of having a wishlist. I was looking through, saw everything was on sale and saw that Civ IV complete is $6.49! Where was this advertised? I'm completely surprised, quite happy, but also a little confused.

It was in the Mac section on the banner.

nexen

Grayman said:
I would get the whole pack. I played Academy this year. The single player was not as fun as I remember Outcast but it has more sabre styles and gets into jedi ass kicking faster. May as well get Dark Forces as well. The only downside to dark forces is that there is not a modern engine for it like DOOM and Duke3D.
Jedi Master Mark Hamill terrifies me in that game. Cannot take serious.

alr1ghtstart said:
that's what I have. :|
You shouldn't have any problem with it...It's not a CPU heavy game. Hell, I think World of Goo is more CPU demanding that SMB.

Still, game is a steal; I wouldn't miss it if I were you. I paid $10 and it was worth every penny.

Edit: It isn't going to get cheaper in the future anyway.

Shaneus

I think I'm starting to hold my own against Steam. I originally requested BC2, but realising that I don't actually play FPS games, I revoked my request for gifting. I also removed *several* PoP games from my cart.

Suck it, Gabe! I'm winning!

shut up. let me have this small victory :(

Beck

I was THIS close to double dipping with Super Meat Boy... really really tempting price. but that extra $4 would be over my half-way limit. Gotta set up some sort of barrier. Even now, $23 more than I wanted to spend already.

Oddbox and the FEAR pack are the ones I picked up today. I'm still hoping for some cheap EA Games (Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age UE, and Crysis ME).

LukeT

Neo Member
So I bought Bad Company 2 and set it away to download. Come back 2hrs 30mins later to install and play only to find Windows 7 had put my PC to sleep after 30 minutes......FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU...........

Snaku

Banned
Super Meat Boy
Oddboxx
FEAR
Pirates!
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death

$22.41

I'm closing Steam now. I refuse to spend more on Day 1.

Smash88

Banned
Bought all the JC2 DLC, Fear 2 Reborn DLC, Super Meat Boy, BFBC2 all for $17. I feel like I robbed someone. :lol

$.50 for DLC is awesome and I love JC2. :D

Bebpo

Banned
Was going to buy BC2 but I figure there will be a BC2+Vietnam pack a year from now for the same price, so I'll wait.

Only thing I grabbed was PoP FS because I'd been waiting for a sale on that. Would've bought Oddbox but all the tech problems crossed that off my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom