• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Rogue5-

I really, really screwed up... Spent $65 first day... some of the stuff was barely on sale.

This is my nightmare. It's gonna be a long couple of weeks.

I picked up POP The Forgotten Sands deluxe edition which comes Sands of Time and the soundtrack

1.) How do I get the soundtrack? Do I have to download the game first?

2.) Can I gift Sands of Time? In all fairness the description says "you can gift the game if you own it" (which I don't, not on the PC anyway) but I don't want it and was planning to gift it. Is that possible? It said you would get instructions but I never got any. I guess its ONLY if you own it you can gift it :( I feel ripped off :(

Takk

Jzero15 said:
Im still playing with my Pentium 4 with not that many problems so newer games should run just fine for you :lol

:lol I was basing the standards on "I need a PC" thread. Still, I would like to run everything at max though.

hamchan

Lyphen said:
VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE - BLOODLINES IS ON SALE! HALF OFF!

On Direct2Drive this thursday. :lol
It's not even about playing the game anymore since I could have done that ages ago if I really wanted to. It's just about getting it for cheap.

Jokey665

Day 1 damages:

Super Meat Boy
Civ 4 Complete
Caster
Shattered Union
Winterbottom
Oddboxx
Indie Fantasy Pack
and all the Just Cause 2 DLC

Total: 33.87

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
HamPster PamPster said:
2.) Can I gift Sands of Time? In all fairness the description says "you can gift the game if you own it" (which I don't, not on the PC anyway) but I don't want it and was planning to gift it. Is that possible? It said you would get instructions but I never got any. I guess its ONLY if you own it you can gift it :( I feel ripped off :(
Love the sense of entitlement despite your understanding of Steam's policy/ability to read here.

3rdman

Bought the FEAR pack and nothing else...I'd get the Oddbox but I've got a huge backlog and by the time I decide I'm ready to replay those games, it'll be on sale again and the bugs will be fixed...still...tempting...

hamchan

You know you've got a problem when you see a game on steam you want, say "oooh that's really cheap I want it", then it turns out you already bought it on steam ages ago.

EDIT: Also the picture they put up for F1 2010, of the guy putting both his fists up, I initially thought it was a guy getting blasted by an orange laser beam.

Sysgen

Sherlock Holmes buff here. 1st time this cheap?

SherlockHolmes.jpg

Ashes

Banned
hamchan said:
You know you've got a problem when you see a game on steam you want, say "oooh that's really cheap I want it", then it turns out you already bought it on steam ages ago.

:lol
:(

MehsterChief said:
I'm Super Meat Boy's abused wife and I'm loving every minute of it. It's so 1989.

Yep, also when you die you know its only your fault and practice makes perfect.

The only stage I hate is the retro stage were you have 3 lives. After lots and lots of tries I beat it, get all the bandages and says
sorry, but your princess is in another warp zone
, and it doesnt count as beat stage
And then theres the corrupt retro warps zones that are difficult to go in becuase they are totally random, and more difficult is beat them in one setting with only 3 lives. Fuck the 3 lives limit.

The Bit Trip Beat stage was awesome though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Am I right in thinking that Forgotten Sands for Wii and Forgotten Sands for PC/PS360 are entirely different games? Different level design and everything?

Also, I own Fallout 3, but it'd be cheaper to buy the GOTY edition than to actually pay for the DLC!:lol Should I?

Chris R

People buying fallout 3 and F1 today are going to look silly before this sale is over.
or ill just miss out on those games, no biggie

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Korranator said:
Ok what's the big deal about Super Meat Boy?

Somebody sell me on this one.
Buy it.

rhfb said:
People buying fallout 3 and F1 today are going to look silly before this sale is over.
Yeah, you'll miss out. They're getting the best price it'll be during the sale.

Bebpo

Banned
rhfb said:

They don't usually put daily deals on sale again though...

rhfb said:
Why? Both games are daily deals. They won't be on sale again for a lower price.

Omiee

wtf why is battlefield bad company 2 7 dollars on us steam and 13 euro on the dutch steam.
could someone please get me bad company 2 as a gift, ill give u call of duty classic in return for 360 or just send you 8 dollars over paypal.

Supa

Htown said:
Am I right in thinking that Forgotten Sands for Wii and Forgotten Sands for PC/PS360 are entirely different games? Different level design and everything?

You are correct sir. :)

Chris R

Bebpo said:
They did last year... plus I'm thinking those "daily" sale prices aren't the ultra low 1 day only prices.

Again, no worries if I'm wrong, I already have a huge backlog.

Bebpo said:

Last year they put a selection of the sales best sellers back on sale on the last day. Of course they have to ask the publishers for permission first so who knows how many of the best sellers will make it back on the last day.

rhfb said:
They did last year... plus I'm thinking those "daily" sale prices aren't the ultra low 1 day only prices.

If it's in one of the 1 day sales then it's as cheap as it is going to get. Dont skip on a game if you really want it and it is in the 1 day sale.

Volcynika

rhfb said:

Again, no worries if I'm wrong, I already have a huge backlog.

But those daily deals are the 1 day only things. :p

Omiee

is there someway i can get bad company 2 on us store of steam or something for 7 bucks in stead of the eu store.
cuz thats almost 1/3 the price of what we have to pay here for bad company 2

Day 1:
Deus Ex Collection (2.99)
Indie 2D Pack (4.99)
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom (0.49)
Super Meat Boy (3.75)

I've been considering the Deus Ex collection for a while now, every time it went on sale. It was mostly so that I'd finally get a chance to play Invisible War, since I already have the Deus Ex GOTY edition on disc, but having the original as a Steam download is a nice bonus.

The Indie 2D pack was for VVVVVV, which has been great so far. The other titles in it are pretty good too, since you have Geometry Wars, the acid trip known as Bullet Candy, Super Laser Racer (Think Geometry Wars racing), and Galcon Fusion.

Bit on Winterbottom and Super Meat Boy (HA. HA. HA.), as these are really great prices for these games. Both have been excellent platformers thus far, though I should dig up one of my USB gamepads to play them instead of using the keyboard.

Things I'm considering for the future, especially if they get a daily deal:
Indie Fantasy, Future, Kid Packs
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold (On sale for $4.99 now)
Zeno Clash
Shank
Blue Toad Murder Files (On sale for $9.99 now)
Sam and Max Season 3 (It's not on sale now, but I missed it a few weeks ago. Hopefully it'll be a daily deal)

Blizzard

Banned
My purchases today were 2/12 of my wishlist. Valve is spying on me! Please watch my wishlist and add the longest journey games, Valve. ;_;

LEGO Batman!
BFBC2! (twice, once to a friend)

And now I hear BFBC2 doesn't have co-op, ah well. At least it has multiplayer and I hear people still play it!

$18 so far but I blame the gift for part of that.

Not interested in any publisher packs or indie packs that I see. Don't want Super Meat Boy -- I'm such a rebel!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
How is the newest Prince of Persia graphically? I know its not a technical beast or anything, but the cel shading seems like it would look great on a pc at highest settings.

Is there any easy way to hook up a ps3 controller or 360? I only have a wireless 360 so I guess that doesnt work.

The ps3 one I watched a video on motionjoy, it was like 15 minutes of doing driver signing? anything easier?

Smash88

Banned
Yasae said:
Assassin's Creed 2 was already $7.50 on the Ubi store a few days ago. Not easy to beat that...

EDIT: Doh! He mentioned that already. Still...

I refuse to buy that game as long as it has that stupid DRM tied to it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Monroeski said:
How is the newest Prince of Persia graphically? I know its not a technical beast or anything, but the cel shading seems like it would look great on a pc at highest settings.
I assume you are actually referring to Prince of Persia 2008 and it looks amazing.

vocab

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Is there any easy way to hook up a ps3 controller or 360? I only have a wireless 360 so I guess that doesnt work.

The ps3 one I watched a video on motionjoy, it was like 15 minutes of doing driver signing? anything easier?

ROFL. Motionjoy takes less than 2 mins to setup.

Plug controller in
Install motion joy
click the install ps3 driver option
Click the radio button for 360 emulation
Click Enable

This is the easiest way possible. Before we had to dick around in the device manager, and hope it works. Now it always works with a few button presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom