• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milabrega

Where is that place that has people trading Team Fortress 2 Metal for Games? I've got a bunch of refined I'll never use for the hats.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh I forgot to throw in my obligatory gamer whine. I skipped the new Prince of Persia game, even though I might like to play it, because I don't want to buy anything with the Ubisoft always-online DRM. Even though my internet doesn't go out much, I'm passing on those games.

And yes, the Prince of Persia 2008 game looks good.

Milabrega said:
Where is that place that has people trading Team Fortress 2 Metal for Games? I've got a bunch of refined I'll never use for the hats.
I don't know, but just be super careful who you accept gifts from. Make sure they at least have 100 games on their account or something, in case they're trying to scam you, since otherwise your account can get disabled.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Stallion Free said:
I assume you are actually referring to Prince of Persia 2008 and it looks amazing.
Yes, I did mean that one. Was there one more recent? Any shitty movie tie in doesn't count (assume there was one, but I forgot about the movie earlier).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
bigdaddygamebot said:
Jesus...that Square pack is insane. Fine...it's nearly $700 dollars worth of software but who would buy that many games all at once???
welcome to the Steam sale. You must be new here.

Got Bad Company 2 for myself and as a gift for a friend. Fuck yeah.

Sort of want F1 2010 but have too much to play right now, will wait for it to go for cheaper sometime next year.

Volcynika

The Natural Selection 2 people are doing a 2-for-1 holiday sale. Buy Natural Selection 2 ($34.95) and get a key for yourself to activate on Steam, plus a key to send to someone else for them to activate it and get it as well

http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy

Limited to 10,000.

It's Steam related, so I put it here. Etc.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Monroeski said:
Yes, I did mean that one. Was there one more recent? Any shitty movie tie in doesn't count (assume there was one, but I forgot about the movie earlier).
It isn't really a movie tie in, and it isn't shitty at all. It's one of the better platformers I have played this year.

Shaneus

opticalmace said:
Got Bad Company 2 for myself and as a gift for a friend. Fuck yeah.

Sort of want F1 2010 but have too much to play right now, will wait for it to go for cheaper sometime next year.
Can pretty much guarantee it will. Being game with a year in the title PLUS it being a Codies racing game (which get discounted heavily fairly quickly... look at Dirt 2) means you should be able to get it for around $20 sometime next year, if not less.

Volcynika said:
The Natural Selection 2 people are doing a 2-for-1 holiday sale. Buy Natural Selection 2 ($34.95) and get a key for yourself to activate on Steam, plus a key to send to someone else for them to activate it and get it as well

http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy

Limited to 10,000.

It's Steam related, so I put it here. Etc.
This deserves its own thread. It will get lost in here.

Davidion

Bought Indie fantasy pack pretty much for spectromancer alone, and also lego batman.

Skipped Bad Company 2, have a strange feeling that I won't get too much mileage out of the game.

Minamu

Any ideas on how to gift a game to someone who doesn't have a steam account already? Is that possible? If I were to make three new accounts and use the same CC on all three, wouldn't steam get suspicious? :S

Got Prince of Persia 2008, Bad Company 2, and Fear Complete Pack all for $21.77....shiiiite...and there is like 2 weeks of these sales left!

I don't know how my wallet is going to make it!

Gaogaogao

Davidion said:
Skipped Bad Company 2, have a strange feeling that I won't get too much mileage out of the game.
I played this game the most all year long and got hella milage out of it. I also payed way more than $7 too.

Fredescu

chixdiggit said:
I notice a lot of people getting the indie "Fright Pack". What games are of note?
The Path and The Void I'd say. Not sure about the others. I already had The Void, so I bought it for The Path mostly.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No wonder they had all these contests where you have to have games in your wishlist to win.

wish.jpg

Gabe, you sly son of a BITCH.

Volcynika

Minamu said:
That would also mean that they are aware of their gift's contents several days ahead of xmas :S

Send it to your own email and forward it to them later. Just don't click the activation link.

Fredescu

Minamu said:
That would also mean that they are aware of their gift's contents several days ahead of xmas :S
In that case, send the gift to your own email address and don't redeem it. On Xmas day you can go to Manage Gifts in Steam and choose to resend it to another email address.

Edit: Would lose to Volcynika in a gunfight.

Davidion said:

If you dont like multi-player fps i can understand. But if you do like them then it's one of the best, if not the best, around right now. Have you looked in the BFBC2:Vietnam thread yet?

Minamu

Volcynika said:
Send it to your own email and forward it to them later. Just don't click the activation link.
Clever :lol Steam wouldn't object if I gifted myself (I only have access to my gmail from here and steam knows it's mine since it's my verification mail)? Granted, I could always make a fake hotmail account or something.

sadromeo

oh man, $40 spent and counting... thanks Steam....

Quick question!

If I accidentally purchased a game twice to gift to a friend (first time said there was an error, so I purchased again and now I have it twice), and I gifted one to a friend who redeemed it. Can I send the second purchase to myself? I actually want the game.

Is it possible to resend to my email address and redeemed it?

Thanks GAF!

Volcynika

Minamu said:
Clever :lol Steam wouldn't object if I gifted myself (I only have access to my gmail from here and steam knows it's mine since it's my verification mail)? Granted, I could always make a fake hotmail account or something.

I don't think it actually would detect that's your email, I haven't tried that though.

Htown said:
No wonder they had all these contests where you have to have games in your wishlist to win.

wish.jpg

12 of the 19 games in my wishlist are on sale. Of the 7 that aren't on sale 5 haven't been released yet and 2 (Bejeweled and BFBC:Vietnam) just came out this week.

Blizzard

Banned
Htown said:

Yeah, I had already mentioned that the wishlist gave them a ton of marketing info, though. I wonder if they actually do use it to tailor sales.

Silly question...is there a way to list the whole game catalog for games on sale? I can't seem to find a "on sale" filter.

Lkr

I ended up getting nothing today. I'll just play my brother's 360 version of Lego Batman. Bring on day two please

Heh, maybe THIS time I can escape with minor wallet drain? Thus far...only one game from my tiny wishlist is on sale, though I will wait for the end of the sale just in case as X3 Terran Conflict for less than $10 would be nicer than at $10----especially given some Holy Grail of X3TC Modding just had a version 1.0 pop up that people are dancing in the streets for in terms of potential and likely supercharging the mod scene anew.

Davidion

Gaogaogao said:
I played this game the most all year long and got hella milage out of it. I also payed way more than $7 too.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...barely present as is willpower waning.

For all, how's the community/MP environment?

Minamu

Volcynika said:
I don't think it actually would detect that's your email, I haven't tried that though.
Alright. Then I'll just set up an alternative gmail account tomorrow. Thanks for the help, man ^^

Loxley

Htown said:

wish.jpg

I see your three games and raise you:

This is the first time I've ever done this, but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom