• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy monkey said:
I just want to buy GTA 4.

It's $13 right now but will probably see a lower price. You might want to think about holding out for the GTA4: Complete edition that comes with the Episodes from Liberty City. It's 16 GB's smaller than GTA4 + the episodes.

hamchan

I always thought there was something sinister about Peggle. All the animals and environments are all too happy, it's really weird. Like, the animals are probably murdering people behind the scenes.

Ifrit

If I get Mass Effect 2 on Steam, does all the DLC comes for free?

EDIT: seems like it doesn't, well I guess I should just get some future GOTY Edition or the PS3 version with the improved engine

Dug

Banned
Picked up:

Super Meat Boy
Morrowind Game of the Year
Monday Night Combat
Star Wars: KOTOR
MI:SE Bundle
Winterbottom
Condition Zero
Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Half-Life 1
Half-Life 1: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Ricochet
Team Fortress Classic
Audiosurf
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY
Indie 2D Pack
The Deus Ex Collection
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

I think I'm good for a while :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, just to be clear, this is the only day (as far as we know) that the Popcap games will be on sale?

It's too bad cause I need my Peggle fix now that my 360 is gone, and I still haven't played Plants vs. Zombies ($6.99 right now), but I can't get it before today's deals run out.

oh well, it's not like I don't already have 18 games and counting to play when I get my PC :D

Snuggler said:
So, just to be clear, this is the only day (as far as we know) that the Popcap games will be on sale?

It's too bad cause I need my Peggle fix now that my 360 is gone, and I still haven't played Plants vs. Zombies ($6.99 right now), but I can't get it before today's deals run out.

oh well, it's not like I don't already have 18 games and counting to play when I get my PC :D

No. Only the daily deal only applies to the peggle pack. The other popcap games will be on sale for the next 11 days and most likely some of them will be part of other daily deals.

Brashnir said:
I'd be more concerned about Ubi-DRM than the quality of the port.
I can't comment on the most recent one but POP 2008 has no drm

It also runs and looks great on my lower end machine (which is currently running just cause 2 on low in 800x600)

Ifrit

Veitsev said:
All paid DLC has to come from the Bioware store.

In the bioware site it says that if I get a physical or digital copy, I get access to the cerberus network when I can get some DLC for free, but there also seems to be some paid DLC (for example Lair of the shadow broker which seems really interesting) even if you have access to the cerberus network, Am I right?

I <3 Memes said:
It's $13 right now but will probably see a lower price. You might want to think about holding out for the GTA4: Complete edition that comes with the Episodes from Liberty City. It's 16 GB's smaller than GTA4 + the episodes.
Or just buy the Rockstar collection. $39.99 for every Rockstar collection on Steam. That is every GTA ever made. Plus Bully, Max Payne 1 & 2,
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4247/

gillty

Banned
9 DOLLARS. :D
Te6fK.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LovingSteam said:
No. Only the daily deal only applies to the peggle pack. The other popcap games will be on sale for the next 11 days and most likely some of them will be part of other daily deals.

Thanks, boss. Looks like I'll get the Peggles and PvZ this weekend, along with any other hot deals that are relevant to my interests.

I'm starting to feel like a hoarder.

Bebpo

Banned
Are the Ubisoft servers down because of this sale? I start up Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands and I get this

ubshit.jpg

Even though my internet is working fine.

grrrrrr....worst drm ever. Even for $5 it's ugh

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I'm thinking about picking up Elven Legacy bundle and Fantasy Wars.

Has anyone here played those games?

Quite good if you are into full blown tactical games. They play very similarly to the oldschool SSI "General" series (Fantasy General, Panzer General etc...).

clav

Wow for $0.50, Winterbottom is really good.

I never knew 2K Games had a China division.

If you liked Braid, you will like this game.

Bii

My haul for today:

Indie Kids Pack
FEAR Complete Pack (NA)
Winterbottom
OddBoxx
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
The Deus Ex Collection
Peggle Complete Pack
Super Meat Boy

I've spent $50 already and there are a plethora of games that I still want to get. :(
Prior to today, I owned (according to Steam) 134 games. We'll see how much that increases by the end of this sale.

I was tempted to get LEGO Batman but I already have it on my PS3, Wii and DS. I didn't want to quadruple dip. :lol

Veitsev

Ifrit said:
In the bioware site it says that if I get a physical or digital copy, I get access to the cerberus network when I can get some DLC for free, but there also seems to be some paid DLC (for example Lair of the shadow broker which seems really interesting) even if you have access to the cerberus network, Am I right?

Yes

Gerald Preston

Neo Member
Well, went with Super Meat Boy & the Oddbox. Skipped on F1 on the ridiculous notion I may win a treasure hunt prize. Also, why are people buying things that aren't daily deals? Those get cheaper sometimes unless they pull it like Prey last year.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
FEAR 2 is mad broken for me. Game refuses to load the second map, and now when I try to load my last save from the first one it doesn't work...

Nice.

clav

I've been playing Winterbottom with a Xbox 360 controller. Somehow the game forgets to visually map the controls so I had to guess what action did what.

For reference:

Joystick = Move
A = Jump
X = Swing Umbrella
Y = Delete previously created clone
Right Trigger = Record clone macro

Who else is playing this game?

Truespeed

Today's damage is only $7.28.

BC2
P.B Winterbottom

It's too bad Valve doesn't give you the ability to mix and match Indie games from the packs on sale. They would sell so many more of those games.

DogWelder

gregor7777 said:
But a salad might make me live longer and a frustrating platformer might make my life shorter. Anyone here bad at platformers have a good time with it?
If you're bad at platformers then I can't see you liking it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
claviertekky said:
Wow for $0.50, Winterbottom is really good.

I never knew 2K Games had a China division.

If you liked Braid, you will like this game.
If you didn't like Braid, you will still like this game IMO.

Well, it doesn't look like Fallout 3 will go on a bigger sale this time around. Here's hoping one of the Elder Scrolls IV goes for $10 or less.

clav

Drkirby said:
If you didn't like Braid, you will still like this game IMO.

Well, it doesn't look like Fallout 3 will go on a bigger sale this time around. Here's hoping one of the Elder Scrolls IV goes for $10 or less.
It depends if you like trial and error platformer games, so Braid I think is a good marker.

DogWelder

claviertekky said:
It depends if you like trial and error puzzle games, so Braid I think is a good marker.
Wait, wait. P.B. Winterbottom is about trial and error? Dammit Kirby, you lied to me you bastard!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Unfortunately, I can't run P.B. Winterbottom. If I click on play, it says it's launching but then I just hear a chime (one of the error chimes) and nothing happens.

I guess I just gotta be patient.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Gerald Preston said:
Also, why are people buying things that aren't daily deals? Those get cheaper sometimes unless they pull it like Prey last year.
It's probably some combination of:

First Steam sale
Not reading the OP
Not caring/Want to play right now

I'm personally looking forward to all the "I just bought _____ yesterday for $30 and now Steam is selling it for $5! SCREW YOU VALVE!" posts.

claviertekky said:
It depends if you like trial and error platformer games, so Braid I think is a good marker.
Braid was hardly trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom