• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Snuggler said:
Unfortunately, I can't run P.B. Winterbottom. If I click on play, it says it's launching but then I just hear a chime (one of the error chimes) and nothing happens.

I guess I just gotta be patient.
What kind of graphics card do you have?

Diebuster

Teknoman said:
Is the PC version of Prince of Persia current gen a good port?

I've only played around an hour or so of Forgotten Sands, but it looked and ran fine from what I saw. The game does have the online DRM though - it hasn't given me problems, but its existence is still annoying.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
claviertekky said:
What kind of graphics card do you have?

I don't even know if I have a graphics card, I'm just on some 5 year old lap top at the moment. I'm stocking up for a PC I plan on getting within a month, but I'm eager to try out some of these games.

anyways, according to system requirement labs, looks like I have a Intel(R) GMA 950

Joe Molotov

jambo said:
Bu-bu-bu PC gaming is dead.

PC gaming is dead, long live Steam.
bowing.gif

clav

Snuggler said:
I don't even know if I have a graphics card, I'm just on some 5 year old lap top at the moment. I'm stocking up for a PC I plan on getting within a month, but I'm eager to try out some of these games.

anyways, according to system requirement labs, looks like I have a Intel(R) GMA 950
Yeah you have an integrated graphics card, so that's my guess why it doesn't run.

The game will run on a machine with a dedicated graphics card. I haven't tried my laptop yet.

Volcynika said:
Yeah, you're downloading both of the DLC things with it as well. And if you choose to uninstall one of the DLC things.....the whole shebang goes with it!

Ah ok. I was wondering also how a 5 year old game could be that big.

joesmokey

I shouldn't have browsed Steam late at night :/.

After thinking I was done for the day I also picked up:
PoP: Sands of Time & The Two Thrones
Titan Quest Gold

So much for being strong...

teiresias

Solideliquid said:
Is Amnesia Dark Descent worth $10?

Until I played the demo I thought this video was just parody . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY

. . . but it pretty accurately replicates my experience playing the demo. I love me some Silent Hill, and can get pretty damn freaked out by it, but the Amnesia demo literally made me feel uncomfortable to even be sitting in front of my monitor in the dark - to such an extent that I'm not sure I should buy the game because I'd never make it through the game.

Blizzard

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Deus Ex pack: How are the games?
I believe the general consensus is that the original game is a classic, though the graphics are clunky and the voice acting is kind of funny sometimes (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DAPXMZk2iw). The general consensus (though I haven't played it) is also that the sequel, Invisible War, is quite disappointing. Some people probably like it. The general hope is that the high-profile upcoming game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is awesome.

If you try the original Deus Ex, you might want to look into this to improve the graphics a bit: http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

Jenga

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Deus Ex is widely regarded as one of the top ten FPS games of all time.

Invisible War is seen as one of the worst sequels of all time.

Be quiet and buy it.

filipe

Missing out on Super Meat Boy today, only game I cared for really. So ridiculous, but I only get my new Credit Card tomorrow (last one was deactivated due to someone using it for theft). Great luck on my part :lol.

IrishNinja

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time 2.49 USD
Winterbottom 0.49 USD
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle 4.99 USD
Indie Fright Pack 4.99 USD
Indie Smarts Pack 4.99 USD
Winter Voices: Ep1 2.49 USD

fuck, that's like, wha, 14 games for $23? :D in related news, i should really change my # on backloggery to ∞

Teknoman

Helmholtz said:
Yes it is, if you like survival horror it's pretty much the best out there right now.

Damn it. Well I better try the demo in that case.

Also anyone figure out how to stop the bug in Deus Ex 1 that makes conversations stop short?

teiresias said:
Until I played the demo I thought this video was just parody . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY

. . . but it pretty accurately replicates my experience playing the demo. I love me some Silent Hill, and can get pretty damn freaked out by it, but the Amnesia demo literally made me feel uncomfortable to even be sitting in front of my monitor in the dark - to such an extent that I'm not sure I should buy the game because I'd never make it through the game.

:lol :lol at the part where he actually SAW the monster.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
shagg_187 said:

Deus Ex is one of the greatest games ever made. The story and setting, the deep character building and the fuckin unparalleled sense of choice make it a must play for anyone. So many modern games talk up choice and shit, but most of them feel binary and superficial. In DX, you can approach almost any scenario in a multitude of ways, it's all on you. The choice is integrated into the gameplay, it's not about choosing A vs. B. Deus Ex does it right, and 10 years later it's still ahead of the pack.

Plus, it's fun to taze hobo's.

Don't worry about the sequel, it's not the same thing as the first, but I had fun with it on Xbox. Worth the extra dollar it costs you compared to just buying Deus Ex 1.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Teknoman said:
Also anyone figure out how to stop the bug in Deus Ex 1 that makes conversations stop short?
I'm not sure if I'm remembering right, but I think I jacked up the anti-aliasing to 8x and turned on v-sync or something to slow down the framerate. They cut short because the framerate is so much higher than it expects.

Jenga said:
Deus Ex is widely regarded as one of the top ten FPS games of all time.

Invisible War is seen as one of the worst sequels of all time.

Be quiet and buy it.
Wanted to buy the Deus Ex Collection because of Invisible War but I guess I don't have to. Is it really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom