• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goon Boon

Banned
Shadowlink said:
Wanted to buy the Deus Ex Collection because of Invisible War but I guess I don't have to. Is it really that bad?
Apparently it's an average game, but when the preceding game is apparently the best game of all time by some, that's a bad thing.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
man if only i could buy steam games when i was 12. back then i got like 2 games a year for my birthday and christmas and id 200% them :[

Haeleos

Shadowlink said:
Wanted to buy the Deus Ex Collection because of Invisible War but I guess I don't have to. Is it really that bad?

For all the things you have to grin and bear in the original, people are really hyperbolic with their hate for the sequel. In my opinion, they both haven't aged very well, and I'd go back to Thief or System Shock before I went back to the Deus Ex games, but both Deus Ex games are still worth going back and checking out... especially at $3.

Haeleos said:
For all the things you have to grin and bear in the original, people are really hyperbolic with their hate for the sequel. In my opinion, they both haven't aged very well, and I'd go back to Thief or System Shock before I went back to the Deus Ex games, but both Deus Ex games are still worth going back and checking out... especially at $3.
I would totally get it, but what would happen with the extra copy of Deus EX GOTY? Like I mentioned before, I already own a copy of the first game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Shadowlink said:
I would totally get it, but what would happen with the extra copy of Deus EX GOTY? Like I mentioned before, I already own a copy of the first game.

I don't think you can gift games that are bundled together in a sale, but I'm just relaying what others have posted on the subject.

Both are on sale for $5 a piece, so you can either buy yourself a copy of DX: Invisible War or buy a copy of Deus Ex and donate it to a friend.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
IlludiumQ36 said:
Anyone notice that not a single Activision game is on sale?

Funny you noticed that, because I didn't.

They have next to nothing to offer, so sale or not, we don't need em. I just played the new Call of Duty, and it's not worth any deal unless it's sub-5 dollars.
Trust me.

vocab

IlludiumQ36 said:
Anyone notice that not a single Activision game is on sale?

Good ole' Bobby.

??

CODBLOPS being $60 is a already a good deal. We should be lucky the greatest game of all time is affordable.

Fredescu

Stump made a long and interesting thread about the failings of Invisible War. I'd search for it and link it but I'm on my phone so I can't be arsed.

Snuggler said:
I don't think you can gift games that are bundled together in a sale, but I'm just relaying what others have posted on the subject.

Both are on sale for $5 a piece, so you can either buy yourself a copy of DX: Invisible War or buy a copy of Deus Ex and donate it to a friend.
Went to the purchase page, and it warned me that I'll not receive an extra copy of Deus Ex. I'll probably hold off on this because I won't have time for it, and there are other deals of games that I find more interesting. Would have totally gotten it if I didn't own Deus Ex GOTY already, but it would just be added to my backlog with other steam games I've bought in the past. :lol

Snuggler said:
Funny you noticed that, because I didn't.

They have next to nothing to offer, so sale or not, we don't need em. I just played the new Call of Duty, and it's not worth any deal unless it's sub-5 dollars.
Trust me.

283_gtasa_the_truth.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
oh sorry, I thought that poster just needed to find his standard wishlist.

I only have 32 games on my wishlist that are on sale...

I have 38 games on my wishlist, how they do that?

Jintor

You're not logged into the Steam store system methinks

(Steam store, Steam community and Steam client are different logins for some reason, it's been breaking once in a while over the last month or so)

Anyway, anybody feel anything for the dudes at GFWL store? They must be crying

kennah

The wishlist should also be at the top of the page in the Community tab.

Basically, everything you are looking for but can't find is there. Just like GAF!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Aselith said:
Just on the subject of Colonization: I would love it if they continued the precedent this sets up of redoing Sid's old games as expansions for mainline Civ. Would absolutely adore it if they redid Alpha Centauri as a Civ 5 expansion.

God yes, that would be amazing.

d[-_-]b

Banned
$59 damage :(,
LEGO Batman, Titan Quest Gold, Super Meat Boy, FEAR Complete Pack (NA), Winterbottom, Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition, Indie Future Pack, Bioshock (NA), CivCity: Rome, MLB 2k10, Shattered Union, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Sid Meier's Railroads

Tendo

Hopefully tomorrow brings better results. I am so dissapointed in the Stranger's Wrath mess. Ruined my vibe for entire sale...Maybe I can get something tomorrow that... I don't know...Runs.

Bii said:
My haul for today:

Indie Kids Pack
FEAR Complete Pack (NA)
Winterbottom
OddBoxx
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
The Deus Ex Collection
Peggle Complete Pack
Super Meat Boy

I've spent $50 already and there are a plethora of games that I still want to get. :(
Prior to today, I owned (according to Steam) 134 games. We'll see how much that increases by the end of this sale.

I was tempted to get LEGO Batman but I already have it on my PS3, Wii and DS. I didn't want to quadruple dip. :lol
onlyonedipcgoj.gif

when in doubt, dip again, Gabe is watching you

vocab

Brandon F said:
Is Metro 2033 worth ~$27 asking price? Does it have controller support?
Hi, you must be new here.

Step 1: Look at the daily deals, and only buy daily deals. The only exception is the games that are less than $2.50.
Step 2: Come up with a list of stuff that you want to buy, but don't buy it till the very last day because YOU WILL GET STEAMED.

To answer your question, Metro will be under $10 this Christmas sale (it goes on sale a lot), and it does support controllers.

Drkirby said:
How is Fear 2 compared to fear 1?

I liked Fear 1 much better than 2. Better AI and gunfights. But Fear 2 is still worth a play if you're a Fear fan - just don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom