• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empire and Napoleon: Total War - Game of the Year Edition $37.49 USD (pack contains both games and the DLC and expansions of both)
Indie Kids Pack $4.99 USD
Indie Fright Pack $4.99 USD
The Deus Ex Collection $2.99 USD
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth $7.49 USD
Tropico 3: Gold Edition $9.99 USD (Steam special edition bundled with the Absolute Power expansion)
Twin Sector $2.50 USD
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes $9.99 USD

Also picked up Vampire: Bloodlines ($19.99 USD) and Poker Night at the Inventory ($4.99 USD) because I've been meaning to and if I had my wallet out anyway I might as well. 105.41 total and I am done son. 20 games and a ton of DLC is enough for me for one sale and I'm avoiding the store tab for my financial well being until it's over. Sorry Based Gabe, I've given all I can give!

Darklord said:
I have a 260. Looks WAAAAAAAAY better. Also loads very quickly on PC compared to slow on 360.

Sinatar said:
It would look mountains better. A GTX 260 stomps the everloving shit out of a 360 GPU.

Thanks. Looks like I'll probably have to double dip. I should have gotten it on PC in the first place!

Smash88 said:
Won't happen. Fallout 3 GOTY is only getting a 33% sale. Expect a small sale or equal for NV.

I got Fallout 3 on the PS3
because my 360 had RRODed and I wanted to play it *right then*
so wanted to double dip on the GOTY with all of the DLC, so am very disappointed at how crappy that daily deal is.

Furoba

Dammit, I didn't know you cannot make purchases from a country other than the country of your card's billing address... Is this a resolvable issue?

DSN2K

has there been any comment yet on Activisions absences....pretty much every major Publisher has something on Sale...Besides THEM, such arrogance! I guess they could still have some daily sales but the lack of anything is poor.

This has probably been answered already, but is it known for sure whether or not the $5 indie packs will change from day to day?

The second post says "One pack will be part of the daily deals daily (most likely)" but this was posted before the sale started and can't be assumed to be true now that all the packs (except the potato) are up, right?

xclaw

DSN2K said:
has there been any comment yet on Activisions absences....pretty much every major Publisher has something on Sale...Besides THEM, such arrogance! I guess they could still have some daily sales but the lack of anything is poor.

kotickmain.jpg

Danj

Smash88 said:
Also word to the wise everyone DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT IS NOT A DAILY DEAL!

Or 66% off or more.

benjipwns said:
If anybody likes Advance Wars, there's this little clone of it called Future Wars that's on Steam for $2.50: http://store.steampowered.com/app/46440/

And I mean pretty much an exact clone down to "comic" characters, the different unit types (same ones under different designs and names), capturing cities and factories and HQ, etc. So if you wanted a PC version of Advance Wars this is pretty much one. Even has a map editor.

Interesting. And it's only £1.74, so what the hell, I've had Big Macs that were more expensive. *buys*

Majeh

leroy hacker said:
This has probably been answered already, but is it known for sure whether or not the $5 indie packs will change from day to day?

The second post says "One pack will be part of the daily deals daily (most likely)" but this was posted before the sale started and can't be assumed to be true now that all the packs (except the potato) are up, right?

Eh, I think the packs stay just the daily indie deal changes. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Yeah, I guess the Indie Heavy Hitters pack might be daily, no clue though.

UrbanRats

DSN2K said:
I wanted to get Bloodstone, but it seems they don't want to sell it. Oh well.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Lego Batman and Indie Puzzle Pack for my dad's christmas present Steam account thing. Nothing for myself so far, I'm getting out of money here :D

cicero

Winterbottom
Indie Future Pack
Indie Fantasy Pack
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Prince of Persia The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
$27

But as I was about to start up one of my newly purchased games I glanced at the Indie pack page and impulse bought two more packs and another game...

Indie Kids Pack
Indie Brain Pack
Sid Meier's Pirates!
$13ish

I just caught myself glancing at the Peggle Complete and Fallout 3 GOTY sale pages...

THIS IS JUST THE FIRST DAY!@#

92323adc.gif

Steeven

Man, no fucking way. So many good deals! I already bought these games last sale:

- Chime (2x one copy for my girlfriend)
- Droplitz
- Just Cause 2
- Poker Night at the Inventory

Now I've bought:

- Super Meat Boy
- Battlefield BC2 (it's a steal at 13,50)

Probably won't be spending much time with these games though. EU3: Divine Wind is coming.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
zerokoolpsx said:
Wow Deus Ex and Invisible War for $2.99. They're almost practically giving it away.
Its been on sale a lot lately. Trying to build hype for the new one any way they can?

Also, the five dollar indie packs are available every day of the sale yes?

lherre

Accurate
Need to buy BFBC2 from USA (7 dolars instead 13 euros in Europe).

Anyone can do it this for me? I can transfer via paypal.

I think the offer is only for today.

Thanks in advance

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Valru said:
I am in love with this game and the best part is that it is a part of the $5 Indie Mix Pack. :D
5b2tue.png
Is the game revived now? Last time I wanted to play there were around 3 empty servers available :(. Which is a shame because it's insane and awesome.

Edit: And Super Meat Boy sale hurts my soul in more ways than one. The fact that it's 75% off now and I pre-ordered for 50% hurts me. The fact that I'm a cheap bastard hurts me as well.

Geoff9920

So Far...

Prince of Persia games
Fear Complete
Need for Speed Shift
Oddworld: Stranger's Wraith
Super Meat Boy

This sale could get expensive. :lol

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Binabik15 said:
THQ pack not available in my region. Good day, steam!
If it's Germany: The culprit is STALKER. Somehow, THQ can't wrap their head around the fact that the game is being sold in stores here. Or something. It's messed.

Smash88

Banned
Geoff9920 said:
So Far...

Prince of Persia games
Fear Complete
Need for Speed Shift
Oddworld: Stranger's Wraith
Super Meat Boy

This sale could get expensive. :lol

Could!? :lol There are still 13 days left! WE ARE ALL FUCKED! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

LCfiner

pauljeremiah said:
So I got:

Deus Ex
All the Prince of Persia games
Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition
Mass Effect 2

if these go on sale with daily deals you're gonna kick yourself

(I'm waiting for a ME2 with all DLC sale for ~20 bucks, hopefully)

sestrugen

brain_stew said:
Its really not difficult these days, since the MotionJoy drivers are now signed. Just install the MotionJoy drivers, enable 360 controller emulation and away you go. Every game you play will just assume you're playing with a 360 pad, meaning damn near every modern release that supports a pad will autoconfigure the controls for you.

is it really that easy? I tried to do this a few weeks ago and it didnt worked, I have a ds3 and I'm on Win7 x64

Yasser

LCfiner said:
if these go on sale with daily deals you're gonna kick yourself

(I'm waiting for a ME2 with all DLC sale for ~20 bucks, hopefully)
i don't think you can get me2 dlc via steam, not yet anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom