• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

1-D_FTW said:
It's very pretty. But the best question is probably this: Do you like CoD? It seems scripted to an incredible degree. If you're a person who dislikes this game design, it's pretty awful.
If you're a person who likes this game design it's still pretty awful :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Picked up Super Meat Boy. OMG, this game is frustrating without a gamepad at least. Will have to see what I can hook up to my laptop later.

Tempted by some of the other offers, going to have a closer look later.

UrbanRats

Ydahs said:
OMG Super Meat Boy for sale! OMG I CAN'T FIND MY CC ;_;

Dare I charge it on my brother's credit card... no can't do that >_>

What are the chances of there being another sale this game on another day :(
I don't know what kind of person your brother is, but we're talking about 3 dollars, here.

I mean, offer him a breakfast, one these days, and you're done.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
UrbanRats said:
I don't know what kind of person your brother is, but we're talking about 3 dollars, here.

obviously you've never had a big brother who broke your arms over a gi joe

LukeT

Neo Member
iamtheb said:
Just curious, but how did you get stuck?

I ventured into DC through one of the subway tunnels, next to some big tower? Anyway I exited with little health and next to no ammo and was killed by some monster. When I exited it had auto saved and my last actual save was hours previous. After trying to run away a few times and failing I tried to go back through the tunnel. I was killed before I could find ammo or health and I gave up in frustration.

mikespit1200 said:
Anyone else think we'll see a sub-$1 Torchlight daily deal? Been meaning to pick it up for a friend.

you're not the only one anxiously waiting for such a deal...

I keep wanting to buy it for 9.99 but i'll wait. i'll be patient.

-_-

Catshade

Really, Valve? I thought you were way above this. :(

MHC49.png

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
1-D_FTW said:
It's very pretty. But the best question is probably this: Do you like CoD? It seems scripted to an incredible degree. If you're a person who dislikes this game design, it's pretty awful. Maybe my initial impressions are just off. But that's the vibe I was getting.
Its basically a lame CoD parody, with the characters yucking it up and 'durr-ing' through an ostensibly serious plot which is pretty lackluster. There are plenty of guns and buildings to blow holes in though, so I would say it is worth $7.

1-D_FTW

hamchan said:
If you're a person who likes this game design it's still pretty awful :lol

poppabk said:
Its basically a lame CoD parody, with the characters yucking it up and 'durr-ing' through an ostensibly serious plot which is pretty lackluster. There are plenty of guns and buildings to blow holes in though, so I would say it is worth $7.

:lol That's my problem I guess. I'm so tone deaf when it comes to that, I can't tell. I despise the design, so it's hard for me to tell which is done well and which isn't.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
1-D_FTW said:
:lol That's my problem I guess. I'm so tone deaf when it comes to that, I can't tell. I despise the design, so it's hard for me to tell which is done well and which isn't.
Infinity Ward was god-tier when it came to scripting a singleplayer shooter well. Say what you will about that school of design, but they were the fucking valedictorians.

Dice was the stoners in the back of the class doing their best to make fun, but failing hard.

Ydahs

UrbanRats said:

I mean, offer him a breakfast, one these days, and you're done.
Can't do it. Just doesn't seem right...

iamtheb

LukeT said:
I ventured into DC through one of the subway tunnels, next to some big tower? Anyway I exited with little health and next to no ammo and was killed by some monster. When I exited it had auto saved and my last actual save was hours previous. After trying to run away a few times and failing I tried to go back through the tunnel. I was killed before I could find ammo or health and I gave up in frustration.

:(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
poweld said:
Yes, because the recap sale has always been only one game. Oh wait, no, I think it's been 1 game from each day. so 14/168. Or, you know, 8.3%. Sorry, I miscalculated. :D

edit: Not to mention that I'd be surprised if SMB wasn't the most popular sale for day 1. I believe they pulled back the most popular sales for the final day, so long as they still had a supply of keys.

That's right, I'm even wronger than you, which is all awesome, because Ydahs has a better chance of it coming back. :lol

LCfiner

Ydahs said:
Can't do it. Just doesn't seem right...

this is the right move.

if you're lucky, you can get it on sale on the 2nd.

otherwise, suck it up and pay full price down the road (or just do without it)

LukeT

Neo Member
iamtheb said:

Really want to give it another chance but I don't want to blow my load day 1, already bought Bad Company 2.

I suppose I'm only really after Company of Heroes, Dawn of War 2 and Darksiders...

joesmokey

Is it possible to gift a game to someone, but have it not send the e-mail right away?

I'd rather wait until Christmas Eve to send the games to a person's Steam account, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Wallach

enzo_gt said:
Half-Life 1. DO IT VALVE. DO IT.

I could've swore this was even on sale for <$1 in the past year.

Yeah, I kinda want a copy of the original and not HL:S for my Steam account, but I can't find my damn disc anymore (assuming it lost in the same box with other physical copies of games like Crysis).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
joesmokey said:
Is it possible to gift a game to someone, but have it not send the e-mail right away?

I'd rather wait until Christmas Eve to send the games to a person's Steam account, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Send it to your email address and when you're ready to send it to your friend just open up Steam -> Games -> Manage Gift Passes -> Resend using your friends steam id or email address.

-Rogue5-

I can't tell if I like the countdown or if it's just wasting more of my time (at this point, I'm just waiting for the next hour and 20mins to go by.)

joesmokey

Killthee said:
Send it to your email address and when you're ready to send it to your friend just open up Steam -> Games -> Manage Gift Passes -> Resend using your friends steam id or email address.
Awesome, thanks!
My wallet hates you though :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
LukeT said:
Really want to give it another chance but I don't want to blow my load day 1, already bought Bad Company 2.

I suppose I'm only really after Company of Heroes, Dawn of War 2 and Darksiders...

WAT! Don't buy company of heroes now. One year ago, yes, but not now.

There's Company of Heroes Online, a Free2Play version of the game that's balanced, has all the single player missions, is much easier to find games online and not everybody is playing River Maps 24/7.

Also, it has Hero Units and other shit you can easily buy with ingame money, not having to spend a dime to play.

It's a much better experience, in my opinion. And i've been playing CoH for 4 years, since it came out.

Wallach

Toma is a bad ass and sent me the Indie 2D pack as a reward for taking part in the Droplitz psychological experiment. Plus I also grabbed Winterbottom because seriously, fifty cents is ridiculous. Six games total, $9.50 remaining in my imposed budget for this sale. I can dig it.

iamtheb

LukeT said:

I'm the kind of gamer who loses interest quickly in games, but when I got Fallout 3 for 360, I put around 120 hours into it easily. I would lose days to that game. I would start playing at 6 PM and looking up at the clock and it be 3 AM. There's just so much to see and do. I repurchased the GOTY edition on PC and wound up putting another 30 hours into it. It's in my top three of gaming, easily.

stuminus3

drizzle said:
There's Company of Heroes Online, a Free2Play version of the game that's balanced, has all the single player missions, is much easier to find games online and not everybody is playing River Maps 24/7..
Doesn't CoH Online only feature the regular single player missions, not the expansions?

Either way I already got it + expansions for chump change months ago anyway.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
stuminus3 said:
Doesn't CoH Online only feature the regular single player missions, not the expansions?

Either way I already got it + expansions for chump change months ago anyway.

Yeah, CoH Online only features both the main armies of the game, Americans and Axis.

Thus, it only has those single player missions. IF you really want to play them, yes, you'd have to buy the pack. However, Both Panzer Elite and Brits are madly overpowered and make the game unbelievable unbalanced for online gameplay. The Free Online variation is much more balanced.

But yeah, if you're going after the single player only, sure. :D

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I don't have either Half Life or Half Life Source... is there any reason to get vanilla Half Life over Source? I have absolutely no interest in mods whatsoever.

vocab

Chacranajxy said:
I don't have either Half Life or Half Life Source... is there any reason to get vanilla Half Life over Source? I have absolutely no interest in mods whatsoever.

Half Life source just looks sloppy. Some new assets, but still the same graphically. Just buy HL

It's interesting to me how much hype and respect is paid to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines around here.

I've never played it, but I really enjoyed Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption which is sadly not on Steam. Thinking about downloading it from GOG though and praying it runs.

Around the time Bloodlines came out I remember hearing some disappointment about the move to a first-person perspective. I guess the game turned out alright though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom