• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
enzo_gt said:
I stand corrected. And yes Dice, he was quite saddened by the anger towards the game because of the treasure hunt achievement. Nice going.
:lol Well let him know I frequently pimp that game to others, it's just the bonus mode that sucks, mostly because of the random changes of influence with no indicator as to "which way the wind is blowing"

Gamers like things to make sense. :D

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Blood Bowl! Come on Steam, you know you want to!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hngggghhhhhhhh, buying games at these prices is more fun than playing them!

Yonn said:
Man, for some reason steam is declining every credit card I throw at it. Luckily a friend gifted me super meat boy, but I better get this sorted soon :/
A lot of times it is your account that is locked out, not a specific card. Thus, nothing will work even paypal. Contact Steam support and it should be fixed in a couple days. At worst, get friends to buy for you or create another account to give gifts . . . but I think they changed it so you can't give gifts until you have at least 1 paid game in your account.

yonder

Nabs said:
you could select paypal and just use a cc through there
Tried paypal, but that was declined as well. I've contacted steam support to see what they have to say about it.

Sanjay: Thanks, I'll try that.

Edit: Couldn't add anything to my steam wallet either. "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction." Shit is fucked up.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Artadius said:
Almost tiiiiiimmeee

qwy8eb.jpg

Haha awesome gif.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
speculawyer said:
I think they changed it so you can't give gifts until you have at least 1 paid game in your account.
Yep, found out recently. You can't add friends and you can't gift (or be gifted, for that matter)

DMczaf

First Day:

FEAR Collection
Super Meat Boy
Battlefield Bad Company 2

Damage: $20.51

If only these sales would wait til January when I'd have more funds to waste on games I probably won't play anytime soon :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally made it home in time. And my last exam is over :D

Anyone with Paypal: If I have transferred money from my bank account to Paypal, I don't need to verify any of that shit with a credit card right, I can just pay straight from my Paypal balance with no strings attached?

Corky

btw when you add something to the cart does it stay at that price, i.e saleprice for as long as you wait to buy it? Something tells me no

Corky

Lyphen said:

xD

what is this.... my mind just lost control of my body and I blacked out for 10 seconds

when I came to I had bough PoP 2008 for 3$... why? Why did I do this? I dont even want the game

Yaweee

stuminus3 said:
Hey guys we're spending so much time on Steam that we're forgetting Microsoft's GFWL holiday sale! They'll be taking the market back with force with deals like this!

:lol

On the topic of other holiday sales, GamersGate's has some great deals. Mass Effect 1 and 2 for $8 each, and Dead Rising 2 for $20 seem like the best of what they have up so far.

D2D's seems pretty worthless. Increasing % off depending on the total purchase, which I guess is good stacked with their other deals but nothing exceptional.

GOG's is almost a blanket 30~50% off, which is particularly nice considering that none of their games were more than $10 to start with.

WEGGLES

9 minutes to continue assuring my self I'll never play Titan Quest or F.E.A.R.

Hang in there!

Yaweee said:
On the topic of other holiday sales, GamersGate's has some great deals. Mass Effect 1 and 2 for $8 each, and Dead Rising 2 for $20 seem like the best of what they have up so far.

Steam has made me greedy... $8 for both and all the DLC... and I'll consider it. :lol

Sanjay

Nabs said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Stallion is on it! but same fucking problems :( my POP collection will not be complete now, it will look so bad with the missing games on my list! oh the pain.

mantidor

Super Meat Boy's gameplay video made my skin crawl, the platforming looks insane but it freaks me out too much that the character is leaving pieces of himself all over the floor, no buy for me.

So far my biggest bummer is that of the thousand+ games on sale, the old Fallout games aren't among them. The new ones look pretty great, but I'd like to check the earlier ones out first. Not that they exactly cost an arm and a leg as is, but they sure SEEM that way compared to all the $2 stuff.

LovingSteam said:
Send them to your email and then when you're ready to send it to them, just forward the email or the link.
Perhaps this has come up elsewhere in the thread--with thousands of posts I'm not exactly reading them all carefully. But if you don't want to go the forward route, any gifts you have banked (either due to sending them to yourself, or the recipient ignoring/refusing) can be sent fresh through the Steam client. At the top choose Games, then Manage Gifts and Guess Passes. You'll see the various gifts you've purchased classified as either Redeemed, Sent, or Unsent. Unless they're already redeemed, you can right click and choose Send or Resend, then give it a new email address or Steam account.

mantidor said:
Super Meat Boy's gameplay video made my skin crawl, the platforming looks insane but it freaks me out too much that the character is leaving pieces of himself all over the floor, no buy for me.
There are other characters that don't do that.

WEGGLES said:
9 minutes to continue assuring my self I'll never play Titan Quest or F.E.A.R.

Hang in there!

Steam has made me greedy... $8 for both and all the DLC... and I'll consider it. :lol

FEAR is only $2.50 and it comes with the expansions. Get it!

Yaweee

WEGGLES said:

Generally, Steam doesn't have better sale prices than the other services for similar items. It's just that, at times, they tend to have more games on sale at the same time.

What one service does out of the major three is normally a good indication of what sale prices you'll see out of the other services in the coming weeks.

Bloodlines was on sale for 9.99 like 3 years ago for Halloween but like a white wolf (har har) I only half remember that and have not seen it since.

graywolf323

Bungieware said:
Bloodlines. Let's do this.

ouVRG.gif

that is the only game that would make me cave and buy something before Christmas (when I actually get spending money to spare)

WyndhamPrice said:
Bloodlines was on sale for 9.99 like 3 years ago for Halloween but like a white wolf (har har) I only half remember that and have not seen it since.

pretty sure it was Halloween 2008 and I passed on it because I didn't have a computer that could run it

then I get my nice gaming laptop in February 2009 so of course it hasn't been on sale since :lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
DangerStepp said:
Actually, I hate Borderlands and I have a physical copy. I'll trade my copy if you wanna gift me something/ship whatever it's worth to you. It might drop cheaper STEAM and it's also more convenient. Just thought I'd mention it, though. PM me if you're interested. Merry Christmas.
Is borderlands a SteamWorks game? If so, this might be a deal. Except the Steam version is the Game of the Year Version that comes with expansions, isn't it?

It now occurs to me that I've been getting up every day and refreshing Steam and threads like this for around a whole month, shopping the deals..

That's scary.

Moobabe

Buttonbasher said:
It now occurs to me that I've been getting up every day and refreshing Steam and threads like this for around a whole month, shopping the deals..

That's scary.

What's scarier is I spend more time watching the countdown clock than playing games :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom