• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people even questioning getting the Witcher at $5? I just bought a 2 pack of toothpaste like 10 minutes ago for $5. Two tubes of toothpaste people!!!

Façade

Neo Member
Witcher and Lara Croft for me today. Tempted by Bioshock 2 but I think it'll sell for less than that in the near future.

Artofwar420

Yaweee said:
If you wait long enough, you could get it for $5 like Bioshock 1 occassionally shows up for. But that might take a very long time, and is very unlikely they'll do another, cheaper deal on it later as part of their Holiday Sale.

I think you're right. *GET IN MAH CART*

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Thankfully nothing for me today.

WEGGLES

Eaten By A Grue said:
Why are people even questioning getting the Witcher at $5? I just bought a 2 pack of toothpaste like 10 minutes ago for $5. Two tubes of toothpaste people!!!
A Mars bar for $1 at Mac's is easily justified, but $1.25 for Puzzle Quest... and I'm faced with the most financial decision of my life. :lol

clav

Burnout and probably Lara Croft are the deals you want.

Defense Tower was there last year.

PuzzleQuest depends on your taste.

Polynomial, anyone play this?

coopolon

Wow, another big day for me.

Bioshock 2: $10. (This will work with Menerva's Den right?)
Resident Evil 5: $10.60
Puzzle Quest: $1.50
Burnout Paradise: $5.00 (Double dipping, beat every challenge on PS3, but it's worth it for 1080p 60fps)

Going to have to give that Ghothic bundle some serious thought. I've never played a Gothic before and I love the genre.

Sipowicz said:
ok witcher and tomb raider for sure. is bioshock 2 or defense grid any good?

Defense Grid is without any hyperbole the best game in the TD genre on any platform.

It's an absolute steal at $2.00. I've put like 30+ hours into it already, and it has awesome DLC (some free).

Yasser

MetatronM said:
Lara Croft is also the Holiday Bonus game.

If you own another Tomb Raider game, Lara Croft is $3.60.
valve are fucking cunning, i'm now contemplating buying a tomb raider game 1st and then getting lara croft >< what's the next best tomb raider game to get off steam?

Inkwell

Banned
Got Lara Croft for $7.49 during the the Thanksgiving sale. I could have gotten it today for $3.60. Not that it wasn't worth buying for $7.50.

I hope that anyone who passes on this game for $3.60 (or even the normal sale price of $5.10) gets hit by a bus.

Minsc

Gold Member
vocab said:
How's Disciples III ?

Apparently average but not awful! Does that mean it's on sale, I've been hoping to grab that one on sale, a few people encouraged me to grab it earlier when I said I had written it off. Loved Disciples II.

Witcher is a must buy if you don't own it.

Bloodlines is also a must buy if you don't own it. $20 is a sale, people. I paid $50 and it was worth every cent and more! :)

LazyLoki

Disciples III and Lara Croft for me. Most of the games that REALLY interest me I already own. So far only spent around 35 €. Not too bad...

classicdms

Neo Member
Bioshock 2, Lara Croft Guardian of Light, and the Witcher.

Damage of $20.09.

Fuckin love this shit.

Now all I need is some Minerva's Den love.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd be all over Burnout if I hadn't played through it on PS3. I never got to try the DLC, but that is not enough to make me give up on my dreams.

stuminus3 said:
What an odd question. The Witcher is THE WRPG of the 21st century.
If you like running across the map for 20 hours. Damn that game needed a horse from the start. Dragon Age is better.

clav

Grimm Fandango said:
BioShock 2 is $30 for 4 pack. Don't buy it just yet guys!

Let's get a group started cuz I know I want one.
I'll warn you that this game has a grind from the very start. It only becomes more fun in the end as you will die a lot in the beginning.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Burnout for 5 bucks! Too bad i already have it off steam. Damn.... Should i buy it just to have it registered on Steam?

I don't have any Lara Croft Games. What happens if somebody that has a lara croft game gifts it to me? Do I get it for the cheaper price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom