• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll save my money for another day. Lara Croft and The Witcher are tempting though. Don't think I'll play them much though. I've still got a lot of playing BFBC2, SMB and PACMAN CEDX to do.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
demosthenes said:
He's just lulling you into a false sense of security. Before you know it, your wallet will be open and you'll be crying.
I have Fort Knox at my disposal and so far all Valve has managed to squeeze out of me is $3.75.

pirata

Forkball said:
YES WITCHER. My complaint from yesterday paid off. I also might pick up Puzzle Quest. Is Lara Croft really that good? I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since the PS1 era.

Amirox is convinced it's a serious game-of-the-year contender.

_Bro

Banned
Iron Grip: Warlord looks really interesting. Time to download the demo and see if this is the best game on sale.

coopolon

2 more copies of Bioshock 2 for $7.50 available. PM me if you are interested.

I checked the community and didn't see a gift pack thread going, not sure if we need one or not.

benjipwns

Banned
_Bro said:
Iron Grip: Warlord looks really interesting. Time to download the demo and see if this is the best game on sale.
That's at least Defense Grid, but Iron Grip became the sleeper hit of the Indie Packs it seems like. Really fun.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The Deus Ex Collection
2.99 USD
Super Meat Boy
3.75 USD
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
5.00 USD

Pretty nice so far :D

Rayven

aka surume
Nabs said:
you're crazy if you don't own lara after this sale.
this. buy this game you thrifty fucks. I'm double-dipping this.

So worth it at $15, absolute no-brainer at $5.

It's not a tomb raider game...JUST BUY IT.

Okay so SMB, Bad Company2 and now Witcher. I'm satisfied. I'm good. These are good enough for now Valve. I'm kinda broke these days so no more, Valve. Please! No more!

klez

coopolon said:
Alright I'm buying a Bioshock 2 4 pack for $30. PM me if you want to buy a copy off of me. You will have to paypal me the funds before I send you the game. I bought lots of packs over thanksgiving if you want to check up on me.

PM sent.

Sanjay

Aaron said:
Any opinions on Iron Grip? Looks pretty cool.

At first I was wtf is this shit and hated it but then I started to really like it after an hour. It's a FPS defence tower game and its coop so its really fun. If this game had TF2 level production it would be a major hit.

cicero

Minsc said:
Bloodlines is also a must buy if you don't own it. $20 is a sale, people. I paid $50 and it was worth every cent and more! :)
...to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee!@#

Bloodlines on a sub-$20 sale is my Moby Dick.

teiresias

Ugh, just started playing The Witcher like YESTERDAY after having it for a while because my GPU had to be RMAd - and I'd bought it for $20. Ah well, great game so far either way.

So, is the consensus, if one doesn't own any of the Tomb Raider games, to go with Anniversary as the companion to Guardian of Light?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Looking at the GB quicklook for polynomial I think I'm going to pass. It seems cool but without any levels or objectives I feel like I'd play it for 5 minutes and forget about it. Unless I was into drugs. Maybe I should get into drugs and play it.

Davidion

_Bro said:

Graphics are simple, but it's kind of a neat defend-your-castle FPS/RTS/tower defense hybrid. I enjoy futzing around on it.

They're not fucking around today.

webrunner

Forkball said:
YES WITCHER. My complaint from yesterday paid off. I also might pick up Puzzle Quest. Is Lara Croft really that good? I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since the PS1 era.

I swear they wear spy hats at Valve. Twenty minutes after I told someone "I hope vvvvvvv goes on sale so i can get people that and smb together as a "christmasocore" pack" it went on sale.

Wallach

teiresias said:
Ugh, just started playing The Witcher like YESTERDAY after having it for a while because my GPU had to be RMAd - and I'd bought it for $20. Ah well, great game so far either way.

So, is the consensus, if one doesn't own any of the Tomb Raider games to go with Anniversary as the companion to Guardian of Light?

I'm considering that as well. Though I still want to know if someone that already has access to the discount can gift a copy at that price.

Lumine

Bought the Witcher. I already own Burnout: Paradise, Bioshock 2 and Lara Croft on Steam and I highly recommend all of them. Excellent games. I think I'll skip the other daily deals, have to think about it some more first. :p

Yasser

what's the verdict on the gothic games? is the bundle worth it or am i better off just buying 1 or 2 the games individually?

d1rtn4p

Makes me wish I didnt already own both Men of War games already... Easily the best thing to come out of the PC RTS field this decade...

Wallach

Grimm Fandango said:
If I had to choose between the Witcher and Dragon Age, what should I go with? I greatly enjoy the Elder Scrolls games, KOTOR, and Mass Effect.

Given the price difference, get The Witcher. Wait and see if DA gets a daily sale.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hold on, guys. All yesterday's Daily Deals are still discounted.

I thought it might just be a misprint, but I went to Super Meat Boy's page to confirm, and it's now 50% off. As are FEAR Complete, Deus Ex Collection and Titan Quest Gold, with a lot of others at 25% off too.

So it looks as if, even if you miss the Daily Deals, all is not lost! A much better way of doing things than last time, IMO.

Zachack

demosthenes said:
So is Witcher like Fallout?
Only in a loose sense. There are significant gameplay differences. I'd say it's closer to Risen, but much less focus on exploration and more focus on conversation.

Ledsen

Nothing for me today either. Already own Lara Croft, RE5, Witcher, Bioshock 2 and Gothic 2-3. Not really interested in the rest.

DMPrince said:
Kinda want Bioshock 2 but not at $10.

See:

coopolon said:
2 more copies of Bioshock 2 for $7.50 available. PM me if you are interested.

I checked the community and didn't see a gift pack thread going, not sure if we need one or not.

Anyone explain what kind of game/RPG Witcher is?

Haven't played that many WRPGs, KOTOR = <3, Fallout 3 = not my thing. What say you on Witcher?

Zachack said:
Only in a loose sense. There are significant gameplay differences. I'd say it's closer to Risen, but much less focus on exploration and more focus on conversation.

deleted

Hows Iron Grip: Warlord ?
The Four Pack looks mighty attractive.

Will buy:
Lara Croft and maybe Burnout when I come home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom