• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Revenge for missing out on the 6.74 Witcher "misprint" achieved.

Stallion Free said:
God, if you people pass up Witcher after all this begging, GODDAMN.

Also, you all better buy Lara Croft. It's a fucking steal at 5$ and it's even cheaper if you own another Tomb Raider game.

Which is the other game you've been pimping? Is it anniversary? I'd rather purchase that for 4.99 first, then get the additional bonus. But I can't remember which you've been so high about.

Yasser said:
valve are fucking cunning, i'm now contemplating buying a tomb raider game 1st and then getting lara croft >< what's the next best tomb raider game to get off steam?

Anniversary > Legend > Underworld.

Oh and if automatically discounts guardian of light when the game is in the cart.

careksims

Witcher, Puzzle Quest is MINE! Tomb Raider maybe. Also I wish RE5 was cheaper!!! Yeah I'm spoiled :lol Have to think some of it through!

benjipwns

Banned
DJ Crimson said:
Thinking about buying Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword for a friend, does it need the original game to work since it's an expansion?
No. But for the same price as that + Colonization you can get the Complete Pack.

coopolon

Alright I'm buying a Bioshock 2 4 pack for $30. PM me if you want to buy a copy off of me. You will have to paypal me the funds before I send you the game. I bought lots of packs over thanksgiving if you want to check up on me.

LCfiner

claviertekky said:
Burnout and probably Lara Croft are the deals you want.

Defense Tower was there last year.

PuzzleQuest depends on your taste.

Polynomial, anyone play this?

Giantbomb has a good quicklook to show you what it's about. it's almost more of ascreensaver than a game but it's very trippy

Jive Turkey said:
Weak...Nothing for me today. Gabe just doesn't want my money that badly it would seem.

He's just lulling you into a false sense of security. Before you know it, your wallet will be open and you'll be crying.

coopolon said:
Alright I'm buying a Bioshock 2 4 pack for $30. PM me if you want to buy a copy off of me. You will have to paypal me the funds before I send you the game. I bought lots of packs over thanksgiving if you want to check up on me.

Sending PM.

suikodan

Wow, Tomb Raider is even cheaper. Bought, glad I waited :lol

Also bought Burnout Paradise. I already have it on PS3 but I'm sure it'll be a good game on my Arcade Cabinet.

Nabs

Aaron said:
Any opinions on Iron Grip? Looks pretty cool.
it's pretty awesome. you just need a couple of friends to go in with you. they are currently working on a steamworks upgrade as well.

oooh there's a 4-pack? get that. i gifted it to someone without even looking at that.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Already own GoL and Witcher, so once more a laid back sale day for me :D

Belfast

Already own Witcher, but will bite for Enhanced Edition. I know NeoGAF will lambast me, but I never came close to finishing the game. Maybe the EE will help change that.

Also, Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box (only own the basic game and that's on PS3) and Puzzle Quest (got the DS version, but it'd be a nice distraction on PC).

Not only is Gabe raping me wallet, he's doing so by forcing me to buy games I already own!

Minsc

Gold Member
Dice said:
If you like running across the map for 20 hours. Damn that game needed a horse from the start. Dragon Age is better.

It's really not! Witcher's story is so much better than Dragon Age, though I guess the combat could make or break it. If you hate the fighting in Witcher, Dragon Age is probably better. I found the combat in The Witcher enjoyable, so there's no contest Witcher >>> Dragon Age (which got very boring toward the end while The Witcher got very interesting towards the end).

Make sure to use the OTS view if you play Witcher, it's the way it's meant to be played™!

eznark

Banned
I was just thinking how awesome today was and I see all this negativity. That's why I love PC gaming, something for everyone!

Disciples, Lara Croft and Puzzle Quest for me. I really wish Gothic 4 was separate

DangerStepp

Don't even think twice about the Witcher at that price.

IT IS A MUST HAVE RPG!!!!1

I'm 98% on getting Burout:paradise... someone please sell me on the 2%!

Bigfoot

I'll likely be getting Burnout.... does this include the Island section too? I'm waiting to see if Lara goes on sale with PSN today before buying it on Steam. I know Steam will be cheaper but I need some PSN games!

Might pick up Puzzle Quest too but it is my main game on the PSP so I don't really need it on Steam.

Yeah, things are really bad when you are sad you can't get games you already own.

Yesterday's haul:
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands w/Sands of Time
Warrior Within
Two Thrones
PB Winterbottom
FEAR Complete
BFBC2 (Thanks to ExMachina)

Today it's looking like:
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box
Lara Croft

BURN IN HELL GABE

benjipwns

Banned
Nabs said:
oooh there's a 4-pack? get that. i gifted it to someone without even looking at that.
Must have gotten a huge boost from the Thanksgiving sale? It's no longer in the Indie Packs and has a 4-Pack now.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Ok The Witcher bought. I always thought it was a JRPG for some reason. EXCITED THANKS STEAM FUCK YAH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ceebs

Porthos said:
I'll likely be getting Burnout.... does this include the Island section too? I'm waiting to see if Lara goes on sale with PSN today before buying it on Steam. I know Steam will be cheaper but I need some PSN games!

Might pick up Puzzle Quest too but it is my main game on the PSP so I don't really need it on Steam.
They never released Big Surf Island on PC as far as I know.

stuminus3

Burnout, Bioshock 2, and Puzzle Quest for me. $16.49. I really only want Bioshock 2, but for 7 extra bucks I suppressed the fact that I already own Burnout (on 360) and Puzzle Quest (on DS). Steam does funny things to a man.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I doubt I'll pick anything up today.

RE5 kind of sucks for those curious. If you do get it, use the alternate control scheme (the one that plays like Wii).

DangerStepp

lethial said:
Ok The Witcher bought. I always thought it was a JRPG for some reason. EXCITED THANKS STEAM FUCK YAH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
It's anything but, my friend. ANY. THING. BUT.

Allow the Polish to show you how RPG is supposed to go down.

benjipwns

Banned
fresquito said:
Everybody should buy Defense Grid. Seriously, if you don't buy it, you don't deserve to be called a gamer!
But I bought it and all the DLC at release, that makes me an extra special gamer right?

Men of War is really good stuff folks.

I'd recommend it to anyone who is a WWII buff or anyone who is interested in a very different take on the RTS genre. It's got quirks, but is massively fun to play and is a great deal for $8.50 when Red Tide is included.

clav

LCfiner said:
Giantbomb has a good quicklook to show you what it's about. it's almost more of ascreensaver than a game but it's very trippy
Thanks for your input.

Just read a few user reviews.

I most likely won't get it, but who knows what might happen? :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a retail copy of The Witcher, but I wonder if it's worth double dipping on to have it on Steam.

Hmm...I must ponder this.

Definitely grabbing Burnout, though. The holiday bonus check I just got today at work isn't helping to curb my spending. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom