• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing terribly exciting today, although if you don't have it yet, the Spore Complete pack is fun.

Galactic Adventures adds a ton of cool stuff to space stage, and the C+C parts pack adds some cool creature stuff. GA is a really great expansion though, trust me on this.

It doesn't seem to come with the Robot parts pack though, which is a shame, since you can make awesome stuff using those. I guess since it was a EA Dr Pepper promotion pack, it doesn't get released anymore.

Baha

Nothing for me today, recettear is a great deal for people who missed the indie pack containing during the thanksgiving sale and Just Cause 2 is excellent. CoD4 is a terrible deal though imo.

Ceebs

Amneisac said:
Isn't the PC version of Bully not that good?
It's a poor port, but the best version of the game you can play.

Bungieware said:
How does Just Cause 2 play without a gamepad?
The on foot controls work fine, driving I would pick up my pad for. (I have issues aiming with pads so I preferred the KB/M controls)

1-D_FTW

Dreohboy said:
I need a bigger hard drive. Steam should offer hard drive deals too. :lol

Mine arrived from Newegg on Monday. Just in time for the holidays. 1TB 7200RPM Samsung for 44.99. Was tempted by 2TB Samsungs for 79.99, but didn't need the extra space if it meant being downgraded to 5400RPM.

Sysgen

Ceebs said:
It's a poor port, but the best version of the game you can play.

Reading the Steam forum they patched the game and most seem happy with the latest patch.

In fact only game for me today.

Mrbob

Some decent deals today but I already own a couple. Two straight days of nothing more than likely for me.

LCfiner said:
I don’t own Just Cause 2 so I picked that one up. I’m assuming 360 gamepad support is seamless.

Works great. Plug it your 360 and go the game auto detects it and maps all the controls the same as if it were being played on 360.

Baha

Hmm AC2 for $12. I already played and beat AC2 on the PS3. Don't have much motivation to play through it again so I'll pass on it for now. Maybe in a year or two when I feel like playing it again.

webrunner

Recettear being on sale says something interesting: at the last sale, SpaceDrake said that they only agreed to it because it was a one day and if it caused problems for their sales afterwards they could recoup. The fact they're doing another sale suggests that the first one went well for them after all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Spore Complete - my younger bros. loved this game and that price my it really interesting.
Assassin's Creed 2 - damn I can't say no to that price either. I had no issues with the Ubi DRM in SC or new POP so I don't mind.

Oh wow, I started looking for the PC version of Bully a few days ago. Didn't know it was on Steam but glad to see it's on there now. Wanted to play it since the launch but never got to buy it. Especially with that patch that seems to solved most of the problems it's a must buy for me. Doubting about Trials and Day of Defeat. Did not really liked Trials on the 360, but I think I can enjoy it. Racettear I already have fortunately.

LCfiner

Mrbob said:
Some decent deals today but I already own a couple. Two straight days of nothing more than likely for me.

Works great. Plug it your 360 and go the game auto detects it and maps all the controls the same as if it were being played on 360.

suh-weeeeet

Yeah! Zuma's Revenge! That was not included in the PopCap "complete" pack I had purchased and I'm glad to get it on sale now. No put Bookworm Adventures 2 on sale.

And I'll take AC2 for $12 despite the stupid DRM.

iam220

BWAHAHA, I fucking called it! In the thread that announced AC2 to come to the pc for $60, I posted that I'd pick it up during the holiday sale for under $20. Take that ubisoft!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Gonna pick up Bully, been waiting a long time for it to go on decent sale, refuse to pay more because of all the rumored bugs and crashes. And I am now strangely trying to decide between Just Cause 2 or Railworks 2.

Dreohboy

1-D_FTW said:
Mine arrived from Newegg on Monday. Just in time for the holidays. 1TB 7200RPM Samsung for 44.99. Was tempted by 2TB Samsungs for 79.99, but didn't need the extra space if it meant being downgraded to 5400RPM.

What?!?!?? Where is there a $50 1TB hard drive on NE???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom