• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestami

Shit, rockstar games are blocked on my region. Can someone gift me Bully ? I am willing to gift back a 5$ game on steam.

Other than bully, i already have everything i'm interested in.

Rekubot

Assassin's Creed 2 on PC is beautiful, provided you have a decent internet connection. On the off chance your connection does cut out you can resume from the exact point you left off from though. Personally I found it to be useful rather than a drawback, though I can see why most feel differently.

Parham

Banned
bestami said:
Shit, rockstar games are blocked on my region. Can someone gift me Bully ? I am willing to gift back a 5$ game on steam.

Other than bully, i already have everything i'm interested in.
What is your SteamID?

Plasma

Banned
Picking up Bully today, still hoping on a sale for Dead Rising 2.

I would pick up Assassin's Creed 2 but I can't support Ubisoft's DRM decision.

Bigfoot

Nothing me for today too.

So far:
Sands of Time
SMB
PB Winterbottom
Lara
Puzzle Quest

It was hard but I passed on Burnout yesterday because I think I would enjoy it more on a console. If the $5 deal returns the last day, it might be difficult to restain myself.

amrod

Buy Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Includes 3 bonus maps! Explore some of the Renaissance's most prestigious monuments to reveal secret treasures in three special in-game maps: Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard.

$2 more ... ?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Most of the ThanksGiving and Haloween deals have been better or the same than the holiday sales. Thank god, otherwise i'd be furious!

Baha said:
Nothing for me today, recettear is a great deal for people who missed the indie pack containing during the thanksgiving sale and Just Cause 2 is excellent. CoD4 is a terrible deal though imo.

I had my eye on CoD4 for a long time, and I picked it up over thanksgiving. It may be older than many other games that are cheaper, but it's a still a good price for an excellent game, and I have not seen it cheaper on Steam.

More than half of today's deals are great deals on great games, but I already own all the games I want other than Assassin's Creed 2, and my crappy wifi card means that I lose internet access all the time, so I can't play it (not that I am crazy about paying anyone who implements such an evil drm scheme.)

Baha

sporelol.png

Something something math.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hmm, guess.... guess I'll just play some games tonight...guys I'm scared :I

Dennis

Banned
Fuck every single one of those assholes who critized me for buying AC2 at launch but are now buying because its cheap.

To everybody else buy Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition - its has the best extra maps in the game.

Sysgen

Would of bought AC2 for 12.99 (bite price) but I played AC on the 360 and not the PC so I can't get the cheaper price. Yea $2. Pass!

Railworks 2 and maaaayyyybbbbeeee Just Cause 2 for me?

SilverLunar said:
Hm, reccetear is still too expensive.
No it isn't. C'mon, support the guys who took a real risk localising it!

And why are people buying non-daily deals before the last day of the sale...?!

robotzombie said:
Is that monkey island pack any good? I was thinking of gifting it to a friend
yes yes and yes.

Just Cause 2 looks very tempting at $7.50... i know it has a large fanbase on gaf.

so, gaf... are the missions and the story any good or is it one of those sandbox games that are awesome for all the other things in the game (like Prototype)? will help me make my purchase decision.

Baha

Diomedeskun said:
I had my eye on CoD4 for a long time, and I picked it up over thanksgiving. It may be older than many other games that are cheaper, but it's a still a good price for an excellent game, and I have not seen it cheaper on Steam.

More than half of today's deals are great deals on great games, but I already own all the games I want other than Assassin's Creed 2, and my crappy wifi card means that I lose internet access all the time, so I can't play it (not that I am crazy about paying anyone who implements such an evil drm scheme.)

Well I got it as part of a Call of Duty pack for $30 that included Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty World at War & Call of Duty 4. So yeah I guess I'm a bit biased :lol .

webrunner

Baha said:
sporelol.png

Something something math.

It's confusing that they "individual price" on one of these pages is the after sale price but the package price is regular price (then reduced by the "daily deal" line)

Firehead

Aaaand I'm spent. And the damage:
Monday:
Bad Company 2 (Gift)
FEAR Complete Pack
Indie Kids Pack (Gift; Should've gotten one for myself.. dammit.)
Indie Fright Pack
Indie Future Pack
Indie Fantasy Pack
Magnetis
OddBoxx
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (Gift)
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Prince of Persia

Tuesday:
Resident Evil 5 (x2; Gift)
Grand Theft Auto IV (Gift)
Lara Croft: And The Guardian of Light
The Polynomial

Today:
Railworks 2
Iron Grip: Warlord

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DennisK4 said:
Fuck every single one of those assholes who critized me for buying AC2 at launch but are now buying because its cheap.
It's funny because I have a stable net connection and I put 30ish hours into Splinter Cell Conviction and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and I didn't have a single issue. They also saved my game to the cloud.

Feorax

Haven't bought a damn thing so far.

Couple of temptations, but compared to the last couple of years, steam seem quite conservative with their prices. The only games that really seem to be hitting impulse-buy levels are the indie games.

Lumine

Hey should I play AC1 before I play AC2? If so, I might just hold out on it for now.

Also contemplating Just Cause 2 and Bully. Any cons why I shouldn't buy these? :p

Zachack

Diomedeskun said:
There was a CoD pack during... the summer sale? that had CoD 1+exp, 2, MW, and WOW (I think this was the bundle) for $25. Glad I bought it then. Also glad I got that $5 indie pack with Racettar last month.

stuminus3

Assassin's Creed II
Spore Complete
Trials 2

$34.49

That's another 3 knocked off the wishlist!

The PC version of Bully is fantastic, by the way. It had the same issues as the 360 version on release, but it's all patched up and good to go now.

poppabk said:
Gonna pick up Bully, been waiting a long time for it to go on decent sale, refuse to pay more because of all the rumored bugs and crashes. And I am now strangely trying to decide between Just Cause 2 or Railworks 2.
Bully is great.

And go with Just Cause 2.

Mihos

Gold Member
Pulled the trigger on Bully, AC3, and Spore.

I am on the fence with Just Cause 2. It would take very little to push me over the edge on that one.

Dennis

Banned
amrod said:
Buy Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Includes 3 bonus maps! Explore some of the Renaissance's most prestigious monuments to reveal secret treasures in three special in-game maps: Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard.

$2 more ... ?
deluxe

Baha

Zachack said:
There was a CoD pack during... the summer sale? that had CoD 1+exp, 2, MW, and WOW (I think this was the bundle) for $25. Glad I bought it then. Also glad I got that $5 indie pack with Racettar last month.

Was it $25? Thought I paid $30 for it.

[EDIT] Nope it was $30.

I was actually just thinking that if MW was cheap enough I might buy it. At $10 I might not have a second thought but I'm still on the fence. Do people still play the Multiplayer for it?

Also, count me in as one for not buy AC2 because of the ridiculous DRM.

How is Trials 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom