• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSN2K

JC2 is fantastic! played it on 360 loads, you will get hours of fun out it, also a beautiful game(if your PC can handle it).

matmanx1

Nothing for me today but I do have a question about something. Any chance we'll see a Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 bundle before the sale is over? And if so is all the DLC that's available on the consoles available for the PC version? That will be a major determining factor on weather or not I pick up the PC version or hold out for the PS3 version in January.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Volcynika said:
I hope Divinity II goes on sale as a daily deal. I'll probably buy it by the end of the sale if it doesn't.
This. I'll buy it before the sale ends at the current sale price, but I really do hope they get a daily sale going.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I'm good for today. We'll see what tomorrow brings. That's two days in a row without buying anything!

Mainly because I already own the things I would get... :|

Finally, a day where I either already own it or don't want it.

Except maybe Zuma's Revenge...I really liked the demo. So pretty in hi-res.

teiresias

OneEightZero said:
Come on... four bucks... you know you wanna... ^_^

Noooo, I am . . . going to . . . the gym now . . . you cannot tempt me . . . with your "but it's sooooooo cheap" argument . . . the trailer does make the game look cool though . . . but I could never get into the GTA games at all . . . but maybe that was just because of the gang motif . . . but . . . only . . . $4 . . .

Jive Turkey said:
Two days in a row where I haven't purchased anything? What kind of Steam sale is this? :( I'm going to have to start buying games for others just to keep from feeling left out!

I've spent significantly more on gifts than on myself so far this sale. :lol

Absoludacrous said:
Yea, I thought for sure I paid like $5 for it a while ago.

Tales of Monkey Island Complete was on sale for $5, yes. I bought it.

purvispisgah said:
They might have a STALKER bundle for $15-$20 or something. I know for sure the original has been on sale for like $5

It was on sale for $2 last year, that's the only reason I bought it. :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Nothing yet again. Well maybe railworks 2 or $6 for the funnies, but i don't know if it's worth it :lol

Would love AC2 but i can't get it on principal due to the DRM. Which is a shame. Curse you for being so shitty Ubisoft.

pirata

Well, I have successfully resisted buying Asscreed 2, even though it's one of my most-wanted games. It'll probably be discounted more deeply next year, and I have plenty of games to play until then.

clav

I'm on the fence with Spore. Was this game overrated? I remember a few of my friends who weren't into gaming at all picked up this game.

It's $7.50 for the vanilla version of the game.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
claviertekky said:
I'm on the fence with Spore. Was this game overrated? I remember a few of my friends who weren't into gaming at all picked up this game.

It's $7.50 for the vanilla version of the game.

Can always make dick creatures.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
teiresias said:
Noooo, I am . . . going to . . . the gym now . . . you cannot tempt me . . . with your "but it's sooooooo cheap" argument . . . the trailer does make the game look cool though . . . but I could never get into the GTA games at all . . . but maybe that was just because of the gang motif . . . but . . . only . . . $4 . . .
Yeah, you bought it. :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
pirata said:
Well, I have successfully resisted buying Asscreed 2, even though it's one of my most-wanted games. It'll probably be discounted more deeply next year, and I have plenty of games to play until then.

I'm sure there will be another discount around the release of Brotherhood.

AC2 is actually a damn good PC port. Much better of a port than its predecessor (which wasn't necessarily terrible). I still wouldn't have bought it if I wasn't able to get it for $1 when Ubi's online store was all messed up. I really don't want to support their DRM. It's what's keeping me from buying Settlers 7, which looks completely awesome.

Ledsen

Bully get! First game for me since the sale started :D

Also, I actually wish I hadn't gotten the indie pack with Recettear+4 other games and just waited for this sale even though it's the same price for only Recettear. Out of the other 4 games, I already own Puzzle Agent on iPhone, Gish and AYIM were complete crap and Jolly Rover doesn't interest me. I'd rather not have them clogging up my Games list honestly :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
OneEightZero said:
Deluxe is bad?
It comes with bonus maps :

"Explore some of the Renaissance's most prestigious monuments to reveal secret treasures in three special in-game maps: Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard."

rbenchley

Lostconfused said:
Once again nothing for me to buy. Assassins Creed 2 is still too expensive at $12.

Thinking about Bully though. How good/bad is the port?
Excellent. It was rushed out with a lot of bugs, but the 1.2 patch takes care of those problems. It works perfectly with the 360 controller.

Played 20 hrs of Bully and loved it and 10 so far of Just Cause and I can't wait to go back to it. These are really fantastic sandbox games. Bully has a very small but highly detailed setting with a good and highly original story, and Just Cause 2 is every awesome action cliche ever rolled into one. Both play perfectly with the 360 controller.

Weenerz

Banned
SilverLunar said:
Aliens vs Predator $5

Trials 2: Second Edition $2.50

Just Cause2 $7.50

Tales of Monkey Island Complete pack $17.49

Day of Defeat $2.50

RailWorks2 $6

Zuma's Revenge! $8

CoD4 MW $14.99

AssCreed2 $14.99 (if you have AssCreed1 then $12)

Recettear An Item Shop's tale $6.80

Spore Complete Pack $19.99

EDIT: late :lol

Thanks to you and everyone else that posted the list.

I might pick up Railworks to see what the hype is about. Also a big big maybe on Trials HD, it drove me crazy on the 360.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think I might pick up Rail Works 2 even though I have never played a train simulator before, nor am I particularly interested in that type of gameplay. I like riding trains, though. Something about the game is quite intriguing.

Yay, Assassins Creed 2 includes the mac version as well. Purchased. Unfortunately, although I have a receipt, and it shows purchased on my account, It's not in my games list an hour later. Making a support account so I can raise it...

Would have bought COD MW as well, but that doesn't have the mac version :-(

Firehead

Zefah said:
I think I might pick up Rail Works 2 even though I have never played a train simulator before, nor am I particularly interested in that type of gameplay. I like riding trains, though. Something about the game is quite intriguing.
Go ahead! I did! And, hey! It comes with two free DLC! I guess it's used to hook the train sim junkies; first taste is free and what-not.

Jin34

OneEightZero said:
I don't know! You were cursing about it! :lol

Yes because he didn't notice there was a deluxe ed :lol

Ah thanks Dennis4k, was wondering if they were just filler to charge more. Will get it then.

Sticking to a rule of one game per day, can't decide on today's game.

-AC2 - I've actually spent some time on the first one (unlike many of my Steam sale purchases...), I do own it on Steam so it'd be $12...but I'm not convinced I'll be finished by summer, and I'm pretty sure they'll do another big sale at that time.

-Recettear - I love indie games. But this is the first I've heard of this one and my RPG backlog is through the roof. Despite all this I'm finding this one hard to resist, awfully charming...cheapest of my three options, too.

-Spore - I've been waiting on this one for quite awhile. I've always been curious about it but feedback is so mixed I definitely won't bite on $20 for the complete pack. $7.50 for just the basic game is tempting, though.

What to do, what to do.

Thus far:
Super Meat Boy
Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Jin34 said:
Yes because he didn't notice there was a deluxe ed :lol

Ah thanks Dennis4k, was wondering if they were just filler to charge more. Will get it then.
Oh, shit..

Damn, Toku. That sucks. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom