• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zefah said:
I think I might pick up Rail Works 2 even though I have never played a train simulator before, nor am I particularly interested in that type of gameplay. I like riding trains, though. Something about the game is quite intriguing.

You're gonna love it man, you're gonna love it!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Freyjadour said:
Is this the cheapest Recettear has been? I swore I'd wait on bargain bin prices.
It was cheaper (I don't remember how much) on the Thanksgiving sale. But it was a bundle of some sort (I think it was a Indie bundle? I really don't remember - too much games bought in the last month. Damn you Steam Sales)

Weenerz said:
I forget, did Ubisoft patch out that shitty DRM for AC2? Might be worth the pick-up since I own AC1 already.

You mean the online check thing? It still does that, at least I think so. I'm not sure why anyone buying through Steam would care though since it isn't all that different (unless you're in the habit of playing in offline mode).

John

drizzle said:
It was cheaper (I don't remember how much) on the Thanksgiving sale. But it was a bundle of some sort (I think it was a Indie bundle? I really don't remember - too much games bought in the last month. Damn you Steam Sales)
$5 for Recettear and 4 other indies

Bully: Scholarship Edition is mine.

Got a mild case of Steam-itis and contemplated Railworks 2, but got over it.
Buttonbasher said:
But I still run XP
I bought it anyway. Although a couple of days ago when it was €8 with the strategy guide. It's a preemptive purchase.

echoshifting said:
You mean the online check thing? It still does that, at least I think so. I'm not sure why anyone buying through Steam would care though since it isn't all that different (unless you're in the habit of playing in offline mode).

My problem is randomly losing internet access for a few minutes at a time. I can start anything, but I won't always be on.

MoFuzz

On the third day, The Lord Gabe said "Thy wallet shall rest...since all that was desired, has already been acquired".

And the peasants rejoiced.

rbenchley

npm0925 said:
DRM issues aside, is AC2 worth $15 for someone who has not and probably will not play the first game in the series?
The game is outstanding. Beautiful graphics, fantastic soundtrack, great gameplay. The only real knock on it is Ubisoft's DRM.

Dascu

npm0925 said:
DRM issues aside, is AC2 worth $15 for someone who has not and probably will not play the first game in the series?
I paid 20 for it and was more than satisfied. The DRM did not hinder it one bit either. I was expecting much, much worse after all the criticisms on it, but of course, it's probably dependent on how stable your internet connection is.

Just Trials 2 and AvP today for me. Already own almost everything else.

Total so far:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Trials 2: Second Edition
Zombie Driver
Aliens vs. Predator
Burn Zombie Burn
FEAR + expansions
FEAR 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
The Path
The Void
Prince of Persia 2008
Prince: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Puzzle Quest
The Scourge Project
Super Meat Boy

Cost to me: £34.99. That's the same price I paid for GT5. For all that. What the fuck.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Total for Railworks 2 DLC: $525.36

I'm tempted to buy the base game just to see what the hell is so addictive about Railworks that people are willingly buying DLC that's so expensive (relative to other games), but I'm afraid I will get sucked in and then be out half a grand. :lol

Firehead

luxarific said:
Total for Railworks 2 DLC: $525.36

I'm tempted to buy the base game just to see what the hell is so addictive about Railworks that people are willingly buying DLC that's so expensive (relative to other games), but I'm afraid I will get sucked in and then be out half a grand. :lol
Just note: That price is during the holiday sale. You'll be out more than that if you buy outside of any sale.

Backed off Bioshock 2 yesterday. Forced myself through the first on the 360 and I know I wouldn't give 2 the time of day even if it was only 10 bucks.

I'm definitely going to pick up Just Cause 2 though. Loved the first. Dare I say more so than GTA....

Jzero

claviertekky said:
Seems like the game requires games for windows live to be installed.

If already is, uninstall it and download the one from MS's website.

That's what the forums say.

Thanks, Games for Windows- Live works now, but the game (Dirt 2) still doesnt work, anyone else that can help?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Firehead said:
Just note: That price is during the holiday sale. You'll be out more than that if you buy outside of any sale.

I know! Who the hell is buying this DLC at full price? It must be AWESOME.

No idea if this is going to be in a sale or not, but just a note that some of the developer catalogs are really worth looking at.

The Jedi Knight bundle is 50% off with the rest of Lucasarts stuff and includes quite a few games I haven't had the chance to play in years. Been making my way back through Dark Forces and I'm having a blast.

Oh, Fabulous, the Mac icon has just disappeared from the Assassins Creed 2 page on the daily offers.... Guess it was a mistake. Hope I can get my money back!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey stupid question, I am running out of space on the hard drive I have Steam installed, is it possible to switch the directory where the games are downloaded to? I was going through some of the options in the Steam front end and didn't see it.

If not, is there a workaround for it? (deleting Steam and reinstalling it to other drive/partition)

COD4MW should have been $10, and I have a strange urge to buy Just Cause 2 without having a single clue about it.. $10 and below price point really sells.

GAF, do you recommend Just Cause 2? I played the demo for JC1 on XBOX360 and the game had very loose driving, poor shooting, and a really awful looking main character..

Hawk SE

Nothing I want today, so I'll just buy the Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom since I'm pretty sure it's not going to get cheaper than $0.50 for a daily deal.

(._.)

Banned
luxarific said:
I know! Who the hell is buying this DLC at full price? It must be AWESOME.
I think people are only supposed to buy the stuff that they want for their experience. Not everybody buys everything except the super fans.

Nabs

tahrikmili said:
COD4MW should have been $10, and I have a strange urge to buy Just Cause 2 without having a single clue about it.. $10 and below price point really sells.

GAF, do you recommend Just Cause 2? I played the demo for JC1 on XBOX360 and the game had very loose driving, poor shooting, and a really awful looking main character..
jc2 is highly recommended

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Can you make trains crash into each other? I'd love to experiment with various ways to cause train wrecks.

Regarding the JC2 question, yes it is an awesome sandbox game and super pretty to boot. It's widely regarded as one of the most improved sequels, so don't worry about your experience with the first. I loved JC2 (#2 GOTY) but I haven't even bothered with the first.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
CivCity: Rome for 99 cents and Shattered Union for 49 cents?

Sign me up!

Also picked up Civilization 3 and 4 Complete since I doubt those prices will go lower!

Corto

The more I think about it and the more days have passed without seeing mount&blade, europa and hearts of iron on the daily sales, the more I feel that taking the plunge and buy the entire Paradox's catalog it's the right thing to do.

echoshifting said:

Even in online mode, when Steam gets overloaded and I can't connect to it, I have no problem playing games through Steam.

gotee12

Snuggler said:
Can you make trains crash into each other? I'd love to experiment with various ways to cause train wrecks.
Technically, yes. But don't expect any Bay-splosions. The trains basically just jump track and "semi" fall apart. Nothing spectacular.

(Yes, this was the first thing I tried when I bought the game a few weeks ago! :lol )

(._.)

Banned
wienke said:
CivCity: Rome for 99 cents and Shattered Union for 49 cents?
I purchased some weird black and white platformer for 49 cents. Can't remember its name but a steam friend wrote a positive recommendation for it.

rac

Banned
Man an activision game went on sale. I guess that means Cabela's Big Game Hunter Trophy Bucks may go on sale yet. Everyone stay strong, just a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom