• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have been enjoying Hacker Evolution included in the Indy Future Pack, fun little game, but lots of typing. Also, since your "percent to being tracked down" number doesn't go down between levels, it is possible to screw your self early on. I do dislike how they gave away a decent chunk of the plot right at the start and didn't let you find it out for your self, but maybe their will be more twists.

Corto

Wellington said:
Hey stupid question, I am running out of space on the hard drive I have Steam installed, is it possible to switch the directory where the games are downloaded to? I was going through some of the options in the Steam front end and didn't see it.

If not, is there a workaround for it? (deleting Steam and reinstalling it to other drive/partition)

I followed this guide of the Steam Support Knowledge Base.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Once I get bully I'll have almost every game of note in the R* pack except manhunt(which I'd love to have on PC).

I'm kind of tempted by Railworks since the sim genre does sound kind of appealing.
shagg_187 said:
One drive... :/ Oh well, I'll see what I can do.

That said: Off-topic? On-topic? You decide.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

As discussed here:
Humble Bundle just got awesomer. It now includes the original bundle for free to those that were the first ones to purchase bundle # 2. Also, for current purchasers, pay an amount more than the average to get all 11 games (Average is currently at $7.32).

Best of all (this is where it becomes On-topic), they are steam compatible! Get on with it for it includes:

World of Goo
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru HD
Penumbra Overture
Samorost 2
Braid
Cortex Command
Machinarium
Osmos
Revenge of the Titans

+ Soundtracks for Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans and Samorost 2

All for a minimum of $7.32!!
I just got the gift bundle for my cousin and I'll get one for myself(I want Aquaria, Lugaru, cortex, machinarium and revenge of the titans).

Thanks for the link dude.
Corto said:
The more I think about it and the more days have passed without seeing mount&blade, europa and hearts of iron on the daily sales, the more I feel that taking the plunge and buy the entire Paradox's catalog it's the right thing to do.
I'll most likely get the mega pack on this one. It's probably one of the best packs on steam at the moment.

Do the right thing, bro!

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
My Purchases So Far (Including the additions of the Humble Bundles)
Aquaria
Beat Hazard
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
Braid
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Chime
Deus Ex:Game Of The Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Gish
Lugaru HD
Machinarium
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Osmos
Penumbra: Overture
Rhythm Zone
Super Meat Boy
Turba
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
World of Goo

webrunner

tahrikmili said:
COD4MW should have been $10, and I have a strange urge to buy Just Cause 2 without having a single clue about it.. $10 and below price point really sells.

GAF, do you recommend Just Cause 2? I played the demo for JC1 on XBOX360 and the game had very loose driving, poor shooting, and a really awful looking main character..

I think you should buy it? Why? Just 'cause.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
luxarific said:
I know! Who the hell is buying this DLC at full price? It must be AWESOME.
It's designed for model train fanatics who don't have the space or money (yes you read that correctly) for their hobby.

alf717

Cereal KiIIer said:
Fucking Valve. They've done it. I bought Railworks 2. I hate myself.

That game was always expensive and now it is only $6. Still the DLC is insanely priced, I guess people love their train sims.

Wallach said:
Better jump on that DLC quick before it goes back up to full price! :lol
I saw the DLC and thought it was not so bad for three pieces if they're big... until I look down and see that it's only three of sixty-nine pieces of fucking DLC!

no thanks...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
gotee12 said:
Technically, yes. But don't expect any Bay-splosions. The trains basically just jump track and "semi" fall apart. Nothing spectacular.

(Yes, this was the first thing I tried when I bought the game a few weeks ago! :lol )
Sounds like we need Railworks 3 by Criterion.

An-Det

Definitely getting Bully, AVP, and Spore. I am tempted on Assassin's Creed 2, since Ubisoft never released the fucking Game of the Year edition with the dlc for the 360 in the US.

Shaneus

Another day I can pretty much tell my PayPal account to lay idle. One or two on there I'm tempted to get (AC2 was a definite, but only <$10) like Trials 2 (though I already have HD on 360) but given that I'm not super-keen, I'll leave it.

So happy :D

Firehead

Zombie James said:
Decided against Bully (bad port, apparently) and Trials 2 (still working through Trials HD)... Railworks 2 is in the my cart, oh God.
They released a patch that fixes the problems with Bully; it's now a good port! :D

I'm actually going to be going for that deal on Modern Warfare since I haven't actually played it yet; if nothing else, it's such an influential force in the industry at this point that I figure I should pick it up for research purposes, if nothing else.

Also am I the only one who skipped out on Super Meat Boy's deal because I wanted to pay more for it, or am I just strange like that :x

I may also pick up Spore but my backlog is getting pretty epic at this point.

Just Cause 2 is a Buy for me then..
Can't decide on Spore though.. Tough..

Does either JC2 or Spore have non-Steam DRM? Yeah I'll be asking this for every game I want to buy. :lol

wrowa

I can't run The Wither :( I always get the "Your system doesn't met the minimum requirements" error message when I try to start the game. Is there any way to avoid that error?

My specs:
i3-350 @ 2,27GHz
GeForce GT325 / 1GB RAM
4GB RAM

It's far from being a high-end PC, but if I estimate it correctly the specs are actually above the required specs of the game? The PC also has one of these integrated Intel HD gpus, might that one be the problem (like Witcher isn't recognizing the "real" GPU but only the integrated one)?

UrbanRats

Still nothing bought..there must be something wrong, i'm developing a massive amount of self control.
Tomorrow, i'll phone the doc.

Mairu

Wellington said:
Hey stupid question, I am running out of space on the hard drive I have Steam installed, is it possible to switch the directory where the games are downloaded to? I was going through some of the options in the Steam front end and didn't see it.

If not, is there a workaround for it? (deleting Steam and reinstalling it to other drive/partition)
If you don't want to move the entire directory, you can also just use directory junctions to split games among partitions.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx

Basically it treats the directory like a shortcut and lets you not have to change anything within steam, you just create junctions for each game folder and have those folders on a different partition. A lifesaver for SSDs <3

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
My damage so far including HIB1 + 2
Aquaria
Braid
Burn Zombie Burn
Burnout Paradise
Gish
Lugaru HD
Machinarium
Magic The Gathering Expansion 3
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Osmos
The Path
Penumbra Overture
The Scourge Project ep 1 + 2
Toki Tori
The Void
World of Goo
Zombie Driver

SpaceDrake said:
Also am I the only one who skipped out on Super Meat Boy's deal because I wanted to pay more for it, or am I just strange like that :x
Evil person! You should have bought two and gifted one to someone without any interest in the game! Spread the word!

How hard is Winterbottom? There's no demo, and the video makes it look a bit imposing for my admittedly inadequate cerebral patterns.

Of course at $.49 it seems like a crime to ask for recommendations. :lol

UrbanRats

tahrikmili said:
Just Cause 2 is a Buy for me then..
Can't decide on Spore though.. Tough..

Does either JC2 or Spore have non-Steam DRM? Yeah I'll be asking this for every game I want to buy. :lol
You can check for yourself, AFAIK:
drm.jpg

On the right of the steam page, in the info box.
I don't know if it's always exact, though.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Tempted to buy just cause 2 but wary because of upcoming travel expenses and probably never getting around to play it.

But...

Humble Indie Bundle 2 for the mother fucking win!

Caoz

After looking at the price of Assasins 2, the only game i was looking forward to buy, the price for RE5 doesn't seem that bad. :(

SteelAttack said:
How hard is Winterbottom? There's no demo, and the video makes it look a bit imposing for my admittedly inadequate cerebral patterns.

Of course at $.49 it seems like a crime to ask for recommendations. :lol
Wow, I had no idea it was going for this price.

Bought :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz
amrod said:
JC2 .. anyone else find the whole graphing hook thing buggy (using xbox 360 controller)
Hook Mechanics are kind the opposite of what you expect. If you hold it, it'll just shoot the hook and expect you to hook the other end to something else (by pointing and release).

if you want to pull yourself, you have to just tap the hook button, it will then shoot and retract automatically, taking you to the place you want to go.

Wessiej said:
So what are the must have mods for Just Cause 2?
Idiots will tell you to get the infinite ammo mod.

I'll tell you to use no mods. MAYBE the infinite hooks one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom