• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SpudBud said:
Man, Recettear is super addictive.

I might snatch this up if I can get some money in my online shopping account before the deal ends tomorrow, I've always wanted a game where I run an item shops.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DualShadow said:
Not much I'm interested in today, except maybe Bully but I don't have much of an idea about it :lol

Bully is the best open world game ever made. Excellent level design, a wide variety of missions and activities, good difficulty curve, KILLER bass-heavy music, really memorable town area, not as much playtime as never-enders like San Andreas but more than most games, and a really funny cheeky humour to it. A++++++++ would recommend again and again.

Stumpokapow said:
Bully is the best open world game ever made. Excellent level design, a wide variety of missions and activities, good difficulty curve, KILLER bass-heavy music, really memorable town area, not as much playtime as never-enders like San Andreas but more than most games, and a really funny cheeky humour to it. A++++++++ would recommend again and again.

Sold!

Corto

Corran Horn said:
How do I reset my age restriction thing for entering certain pages? I accidentally put the wrong date 2-3 days ago and still cant actually go into those pages :lol

You can just wait a few years.
sorry, couldn't resist

Bebpo

Banned
What's the word on AvP? I know it has nice graphics and you get to play as/against aliens/predators which is a huge + in my book, but how stinky is the gameplay for $5?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Stumpokapow said:
Huh...Well looks like Bully just shot way up on my playlist.

Bebpo said:
What's the word on AvP? I know it has nice graphics and you get to play as/against aliens/predators which is a huge + in my book, but how stinky is the gameplay for $5?
Haven't played it, but I've heard it is good but short.

DangerStepp

Stumpokapow said:
THIS 100 times over. I have so many nostalgic memories of Bully and the point in time when I first played it.

The changing of seasons and holiday appropriate decor around the school was one of my favorite things and helped create an amazing atmosphere. The characters are classic, the humor is spot on, and it's very fun.

I'm still puzzled as to why it still to this day seems so low key and underrated.

As I mentioned earlier, I WILL be double dipping. I can't wait to see what it looks like on my rig.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Bebpo said:
Its the kind of game I think the term 'janky' was invented for. Everything just feels a little bit off. If the sound of the motion sensor, pulse rifle and predator lock-on bring waves of nostalgia then it is probably worth $5, otherwise leave well alone.

cicero

Just starting out on the Steam holiday sales and yet it is my best year for holiday digital distribution deals. My Steam list so far (including the Humble Indie Bundle 1 & 2):

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Indie Future Pack
Hacker Evolution, Hammerfight, System Protocol One, Twin Sector, Uplink
Indie Fantasy Pack
Bob Came in Pieces, Faerie Solitaire, Fortix, NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits, Spectromancer
Indie Kids Pack
Crayon Physics Deluxe, Delve Deeper, Max and the Magic Marker, Secret of the Magic Crystals, Toki Tori
Indie Brain Pack
Big Brain Wolf, Diamond Dan, Puzzle Bots, Windosill, Zen Bound 2
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Prince of Persia The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords
Peggle Complete
Day of Defeat: Source
Bully: Scholarship Edition
RailWorks 2

Braid
Cortex Command (will be automatically added to steam later)
Machinarium
Osmos
Revenge of the Titans (will be automatically added to steam later)
World of Goo
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru HD
Penumbra Overture

$80.03

That Humble Indie Bundle really is such a fantastic deal, and for worthy causes too. The GOG sale has been pretty great as well.

GOG:
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
Planescape: Torment
Temple of Elemental Evil, The
Blood (One Unit Whole Blood)
Icewind Dale Complete
Icewind Dale 2 Complete
Baldur's Gate 2 Complete

$43.33

Dug

Banned
Corran Horn said:
How do I reset my age restriction thing for entering certain pages? I accidentally put the wrong date 2-3 days ago and still cant actually go into those pages :lol
End the Steam process and then just start up Steam again

Corran Horn said:
Credit card wont let me buy....whyyyyy!

:(
Yeah lock-outs happen a lot with Steam. Put in a request to support to resolve the issue. Don't do a charge back.

Advice: Buy a $100 (or $50) for your steam wallet on your credit card. Then make purchases off that. That way you don't have this endless stream of little $2, $10, $9.99, $4.99 purchases from Steam on your credit card that may cause your credit card company to panic and start declining.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
is it theoretically possible to use and purchase stuff of from store.steampowered on an iphone/ipad/ipodtouch?

LCfiner

Corky said:
is it theoretically possible to use and purchase stuff of from store.steampowered on an iphone/ipad/ipodtouch?
Theoretically, sure.

I bought all this stuff on safari for Mac, not in the steam web browser.

Steam doesn't use flash for the purchase pages so I don't see why not.

Edit. No need to be theoretical. I just bought bully on my iPad and it worked as expected

Archaon

Anslon said:
If you use the Teamviewer app or some other desktop viewing software. Thats just about it.
I don't know about that, I buy games from a laptop that doesn't have Steam installed through Firefox and it works fine. The iOS Mozilla browser likely functions the same, I would think.

Bii

Corky said:
Yes, it works. I actually did this during Steam's Halloween sale.

Edit: I did this on my iPhone.

Corky

yeah guys, just bought an item via my ipod touch. Good news for when I'm idling at the airport xD

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Corran Horn said:
Credit card wont let me buy....whyyyyy!

:(
You spent all your money. We will have to cut up your card now. Please insert it into the Floppy Disk Drive to begin the shredding process.

legend166

If Assassin's Creed II didn't have that DRM I'd buy it right now. But, alas.

Is there any way, uh, around it? Is that not allowed to be discussed?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
legend166 said:

If you bought it, it's fine to acknnowledge ways around, but don't go posting links.

The Ubi DRM got cracked fairly quickly and once the first game was down, all new releases have followed suit in a matter of days.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Stallion Free said:
If you bought it, it's fine to acknnowledge ways around, but don't go posting links.

The Ubi DRM got cracked fairly quickly and once the first game was down, all new releases have followed suit in a matter of days.

either way, it's enough of a pain in the ass that I'd rather not even bother buying ACII. It's not all that good anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Stallion Free said:

Can that be applied to the steam version, like could I put it on Prince of Persia if I started having problems?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Chacranajxy said:
either way, it's enough of a pain in the ass that I'd rather not even bother buying ACII. It's not all that good anyway.
Idk, I'm about two hours in and loving it and I hear it only gets better. Tons of people in the OT have called it a massively improved sequel and one of their favorite games of last year.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Drkirby said:
Can that be applied to the steam version, like could I put it on Prince of Persia if I started having problems?
Idk, I assume so, but before you go on a rampage wiping it out see if the DRM even gives you any issues first.

I have played two games to completion with the DRM forced upon me and I haven't had any issues so I never bothered with the crack. I'm not going to put the effort in unless it's a necessity.

Hixx

Stumpokapow said:

Completely agree. I played it on the 360 shortly after GTAIV and I kept thinking 'why didn't GTA have this? or this?' I loved the rpg-lite things, the combat was great... it was just a great game.

Fuck it I'm buying it on Steam, the only 360 game I have 1000/1000 on but it's so, so good.

Got the Witcher yesterday too.

Corky

Stallion Free said:
Idk, I'm about two hours in and loving it and I hear it only gets better. Tons of people in the OT have called it a massively improved sequel and one of their favorite games of last year.

yea that's for sure, AC II really improves on pretty much everything compared to the first game.

kamspy

legend166 said:

I have Splinter Cell Conviction and PoP Forgotten Sands and they work fine legit or cracked.

WEGGLES

mXjdg.png

:lol

Couldn't not buy the CN add-on. Those trains drive by my house every day.

stuminus3

Oh, I didnt realise ACII had two editions, I just added it to my cart from the front page and it choose the cheapest one. Oh well.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is it possible to gift Bully to a Steam account who can't buy it locally?

trinest

Whats the price for the Spore complete pack in America? Here it is $20. I played the original game to the final level and though the game had its charm but was quite boring at some stages. Wouldn't mind picking it up if its a resonable price. $20 is alright- but I can tell from the OP that just the game alone is 7.50 instead of 10, which means the pack might be alot cheaper. It's something I might consider playing again.

Otherwise besides that nothing else really interesting this sale. Just Cause 2 I bought from the Treasure Hut. The COD there isn't the one I like/wanted to pick up and is also $10 more in my region.

trinest

legend166 said:
Yep, it would be.
I'd be in on that even though I finished it on the Wii. What other Rock Star games are there on the sale around that price in America? Like in the GTA trilliogy?

Jokey665

Okay. I haven't bought anything today and the only thing I'm really even considering is Railworks (already have just cause and recettear).

What I want to know is: What the hell is Railworks, anyway? I just know it's a train sim and it gets talked about so much I'm curious and that makes me kind of want to buy it. :lol

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Jokey665 said:
Okay. I haven't bought anything today and the only thing I'm really even considering is Railworks (already have just cause and recettear).

What I want to know is: What the hell is Railworks, anyway? I just know it's a train sim and it gets talked about so much I'm curious and that makes me kind of want to buy it. :lol
You ever play with a model train set and wish you could sit inside the engine too? That's Railworks.

I bought a bunch on Monday, then nothing yesterday, but I think I'm going to have to pick up the Spore base game for $7.50. I'm too curious about it, and the price has stayed at $30 forever, now.

Leatherface

Stumpokapow said:

damn u. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom