• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Nabs said:
Yeah, just click on your username at the top of your steam client or website. You'll have the option right there on the right. I bought a nice chunk an hour or two before the sales, and have been having a pretty smooth ride.

Today's Life Tip of the Day. Do you know how many times I've done a search of wallet in the search box and have come up empty. I've always had to google "Steam wallet" and purchase through the website interface.

snack said:
What games did you guys buy for today's sale? Only thing that really caught my eye was Trials 2. For those that have it, what do you thing of it?
I bought Trials 2 at last year's Holiday sale and it's very fun. It's deceptively simple (you use 4 buttons to steer your bike) but some of the later levels are ridiculously hard. The progression is okay (there's some introductory levels that teach you the basics). I'd recommend it. There's also a online highscore list for each track and you can download replays of other's attempts.

Baha

SteelAttack said:
Nothing for me so far. I'm probably getting Winterbottom, but that's not part of today's sale. Maybe Recettear? I'll have to think about it.

It's 50 freaking cents! How much does it have to be for you to pull the trigger???

Bully runs unwell on my PC, the sound quality is pretty bad, no option for 85hz, you can't change the controls in the main menu and you can't change the video settings in the in-game menu, no mouse control in either of them and you're supposed to be using Left Alt and Space in for some reason.

Guess it was even worse before the patch or something. It's probably still better than the PS2 version though. But is there a way to make it not run at 60hz at least? Because that flickering is bound to give me a headache.

*before I went to GAF*

"Oh, nothing for me today. w00t"

*went to Steam sale thread on GAF*

"Oh, Recettear seem like a cool game. Gonna get that. Bully is that good of a game? Well it is only $3.75. Just Cause 2 is an amazing open world game....huh....buying that too"

FML

Only Just Cause 2 today.

Very tempted by AC2...actually, I may as well get AC2 because there's only 1 or 2 more games I'm after during this sale (I think) ME2 and Fallout:NV.

Labombadog said:
*before I went to GAF*

"Oh, nothing for me today. w00t"

*went to Steam sale thread on GAF*

"Oh, Recettear seem like a cool game. Gonna get that. Bully is that good of a game? Well it is only $3.75. Just Cause 2 is an amazing open world game....huh....buying that too"

FML

I had bully and just cause in my cart already, but yeah, this thread made them stay there through the purchase portion of the afternoon.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone has a couple of spare minutes to gift me Bully, I'll Paypal the money over asap. PM me!

Forkball

How is Day of Defeat? I've never played it before, but it's only a few bones. I want ACII, but I thought it would be cheaper and the DRM sounds messy. I might pull the trigger on Spore and Just Cause 2. I played the original Spore when it came out and thought it was so-so, but it's so cheap...

Also everyone needs to pick up Bully. I'm so disappointed it never got a sequel.

Forkball said:
How is Day of Defeat? I've never played it before, but it's only a few bones. I want ACII, but I thought it would be cheaper and the DRM sounds messy. I might pull the trigger on Spore and Just Cause 2. I played the original Spore when it came out and thought it was so-so, but it's so cheap...

Also everyone needs to pick up Bully. I'm so disappointed it never got a sequel.

I've had many hours of fun with DoD back in the days of its beta. I've only played small amounts of source here and there which I got for free. It's worth $2.75 but I don't play it anymore.

Max

I am not Max
Stumpokapow said:
Bully is the best open world game ever made. Excellent level design, a wide variety of missions and activities, good difficulty curve, KILLER bass-heavy music, really memorable town area, not as much playtime as never-enders like San Andreas but more than most games, and a really funny cheeky humour to it. A++++++++ would recommend again and again.
Convinced me.

thought I missed the pb winterbottom deal but it's steal 0.50 cent won't make that same mistake twice. Gifted my oldest son a copy of day of defeat on top of the fright night indie pack. Needless to say it looks like I've converted a primary console gamer (360) to the wonders of the pc gaming specifically steams holiday deal :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the help, guys.

K.Jack, you're a legend!

Also big thanks to Jive and classicdms.

So what's the best site/place to invest money into a virtual/prepaid credit card for Steam purchases?

WHOOPS I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT STEAM WALLET I AM A BIG FOOL

WEGGLES

DMPrince said:
those that are buying railworks i sure as hope you're buying the DLC.
$525.36.

and all that was 50% off :lol
I got a piece of DLC :lol

mXjdg.jpg

IrishNinja

SpudBud said:
Man, Recettear is super addictive.

this...just beat it lat night! make sure to check the OT for tips (your real $ is made on 250%+ markup when items are hot, and yes, fuck that stingy little girl).

i so wanna join the AC2 camp, but yeah, cheaperrrrrrr

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Lkr said:
I just made a purchase and the Steam server isn't even letting me download! what server are you guys using :(
Iceland & Greenland is my go to, but I think the cool kids have discovered my spot.

I think I'm going to drop my purchase of the 2K mega pack. I've got a few of the heavy hitters in that pack and I can't afford to spend my money like that. The square enix pack, paradox pack and THQ pack are still a go though.
Ceebs said:
It's all about The Netherlands.
I tried those earlier and my download speeds sucked.

:(

Amneisac

Anyone else having problems with their library? I keep trying to add/remove games from Favorites and stuff like that and it just keeps going back to the way it was.

Yeef

Amneisac said:
Anyone else having problems with their library? I keep trying to add/remove games from Favorites and stuff like that and it just keeps going back to the way it was.
I've had problems with my non-steam games losing their categories, but restarting Steam usually fixes that for me. Never had any problem with actual Steam games.

Now that I have gone and bought AC2 along with SMB, LC Guardian of Light and Bully I have everything that I was planning on buying.

With how quickly my checklist was cleared, I fear for my wallet.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I decided to say fuck it and go wild. Recattear, Just Cause 2, and Bully SE(Based on Stumps)

I'm just trying figure out how to rationalize it for me :lol

dream

shintoki said:
I decided to say fuck it and go wild. Recattear, Just Cause 2, and Bully SE(Based on Stumps)

I'm just trying figure out how to rationalize it for me :lol

"I just got a hundred hours of awesome gameplay for less than $20?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom