• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Lostconfused said:
Well bought Bully. I hope all of you are happy.

Edit: Wait, since when do I have Penumbra and why...
Penumbra's been on sale a bunch of times. It's also been in a few bundles, including the first Humble Bundle.

ltse1

So far, I gotten:

Winterbottom ($.50)
Blueberry Garden ($1)
The Witcher ($5)
Humble Indie #2, #1 ($10)

I'm pretty happy with this and won't buy anything else this sale :D

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
shintoki said:
I decided to say fuck it and go wild. Recattear, Just Cause 2, and Bully SE(Based on Stumps)

I'm just trying figure out how to rationalize it for me :lol
As I tell people fairly often: Yes, I buy a bunch of games I don't have time to play, but I enjoy having a lot of options available to me, and if my biggest vice is that I buy a lot of video games for super cheap prices then I'm not doing all that badly overall.

seady

Are none of these games playable on Mac?
I know they have a separate sale for Mac games, but I thought some of these games have a Mac version, like CoD4.

The Sims 3, huh... just when I was starting to get my wishlist under control. :/

DMPrince said:
those that are buying railworks i sure as hope you're buying the DLC.
$525.36.

and all that was 50% off :lol
I'm not buying it until it hits $400 or less. I have standards, you know. :D

Does anyone know if Tropico might end up as a daily deal?

I don't see it in the mega packs and I'd like to save money wherever I can at this point. We're getting closer and closer to the end days of the sale and I just know that steam is gonna throw everything it's got at me.:lol
kai3345 said:
welp. snuggler's post in this thread convinced me to buy JC2
Mindlog and BobRevenge got me interested in X-COM and Tropico too.

Truespeed

Well I just saw Unstoppable so I just had to pick up Railworks 2. Mark my words, trains will crash into each other and derail. I've always wanted this game and the price made it an instant buy. R2 is the successor to Microsoft Train Simulator, right?

BTW, if anyone bought a gift copy of Lara Croft GOL for $3.60 and wants to sell it I'd really like it.

seady said:
Are none of these games playable on Mac?
I know they have a separate sale for Mac games, but I thought some of these games have a Mac version, like CoD4.
Looks like the Monkey Island pack and Day of Defeat for today. And the last "page" on the site is the ongoing Mac deals.

John

gregor7777 said:
It's an OK Aliens v Predator game.
i couldn't stand the human campaign or its offensively bad script, but i started the predator camp today and it's not so bad. the mouse still feels weird, and the melee combat doesn't make any sense to me, and whenever there's any effects animation over the screen my mind totally blanks from it distorting the view too much, but it's kind of fun, almost

LiK said:
Recettear in my cart. shall i bite? is it good?
It's fantastic if you want a game that'll keep a steady difficulty or if you want a game that will provide several hours of entertainment per dollar.

The humor is good, the characters are decent and the item shop system is interesting and rather deep for a game with it's presentation.

BUY IT

Fredescu

Truespeed said:
R2 is the successor to Microsoft Train Simulator, right?
Technically, Railworks 2 is the sequel to the successor (RW1) to the successor (Rail Simulator) of Microsoft Train Simulator.

John said:
i couldn't stand the human campaign or its offensively bad script, but i started the predator camp today and it's not so bad. the mouse still feels weird, and the melee combat doesn't make any sense to me, and whenever there's any effects animation over the screen my mind totally blanks from it distorting the view too much, but it's kind of fun, almost

Yeah, the script and VA is atrocious

Still, it's worth $5 to go running from Aliens.

LiK

SolarPowered said:
It's fantastic if you want a game that'll keep a steady difficulty or if you want a game that will provide several hours of entertainment per dollar.

The humor is good, the characters are decent and the item shop system is interesting and rather deep for a game with it's presentation.

BUY IT

damn you're good. bought.

Goon Boon

Banned
Class_A_Ninja said:
I just bought Recettear. Should I hold out to buy Dawn of War II? Does anyone think it will go lower than 50% off?

It was about $6 or $7 earlier this year, probably will hit atleast that.

John said:

The mp is where it shines. The sp is mediocre. It's not grounbreaking, but the mp is unique enough to be entertaining. The infection mode provided a lot of laughs, especially if your friends didn't know you were the alien. Trophy kills were awesome too.

LiK said:
damn you're good. bought.
I'm a good steam lackey.

:3
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
What's a good game that is $4.99?
The indie beat pack is the best value on steam right now for $5 in my opinion. If you want a single game then I'd recommend Half life 2 or Bioshock. One of them is basically the face of PC gaming for the younger folks while the other is one of the best games to come out of the HD generation.

Take your pick

Somnid

My girlfriend just bought Civ 4 on Steam but for some reason the game and expansion packs appear twice in her library. Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

Ceebs

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, I finally figured out how to sort by price. I couldn't find it before. I forgot I don't have Tomb Raider Anniversary which is $4.99. Thanks.
Excellent choice! Playing Guardian of Light makes me want to go back to it for a real Tomb Raider game.

Fredescu

Somnid said:
My girlfriend just bought Civ 4 on Steam but for some reason the game and expansion packs appear twice in her library. Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?
The dupes are the Mac versions I believe. It's always done that and probably always will since it's been around for so long. Your best bet is to create a junk category and put the double ups in there.

Blizzard

Banned
Somnid said:
That's "normal" since the Mac and Windows versions show up separately. You can make a Mac games category and move them into there if you like. Then you can just collapse that category in the client.

*edit* TOO SLOW :(

Hmm, second day in a row that there's nothing appealing to me. I think it's getting to the point that, outside of new releases, I own most everything I'm interested in owning on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom