• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

If Bloodlines doesn't go on sale (I doubt it will), and people STILL don't buy it (it's twenty freakin bucks), I'm going to ridicule everyone that complains about it after the sale is over. It hasn't been in a Steam sale since 2008, either buy it, or move on! :p

InertiaXr

What do you guys think about a NBA 2k11 daily deal? I know it only released at $30 and is on sale at $20 now, but I just feel very odd paying that much for a yearly sports title on PC...:lol

Lasthope106 said:
There is only one game that can make this Steam sale a great one for me:

5284838258_b4f2a3c30b_z.jpg

Nothing else will suffice.

Perfect metaphor . . . Vampire Bloodlines is indeed the Moby Dick of GAF Steam buyers.

It is not about playing the game. It is about buying it on sale.

kamspy

Wow. Assassin's Creed 2 is absolutely gorgeous on PC. Get a nice ~45 FPS with every thing maxed, 8xAA. Measly little 275 GTX and PII 955.

DRM isn't bothersome, and if needed one day, removable. Well worth the $15. Easily one of the best games this generation. Even if the camera work during the conversations is straight out of the Bethesda school of cinematography.

Ceebs

Volcynika said:
If Bloodlines doesn't go on sale (I doubt it will), and people STILL don't buy it (it's twenty freakin bucks), I'm going to ridicule everyone that complains about it after the sale is over. It hasn't been in a Steam sale since 2008, either buy it, or move on! :p
If Bloodlines is the white whale, then all the people holding out are just Ahabs. They will not let go. :lol

speculawyer said:
Perfect metaphor . . . Vampire Bloodlines is indeed the Moby Dick of GAF Steam buyers.

It is not about playing the game. It is about buying it on sale.

Seriously. I'm going to buy it when that happens and I'm not sure when I'll get around to actually playing it as I only like to play one or two games at a time.

Maybe they'll pull one of those "glitches" where it goes on sale for an hour. :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ceebs said:
If Bloodlines is the white whale, then all the people holding out are just Ahabs. They will not let go. :lol
The funny thing is that it was on sale once - that's the only reason why I bought it. But it has never gone back on sale ever since. :lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So apparently 12 dollars is the price at which I'm willing to ignore Ubisoft's DRM.

vocab

Volcynika said:

never!

kai3345

Banned
does anyone know if there is a way to change my download server location without actually logging in? I changed my server location and when I went to restart steam it said I couldn't connect to the steam network and couldn't log in.

I went to my other computer and logged in just fine so its not my network or steam causing the problem.

I just wanna play JC2 :(

Ceebs said:
Holding out for a 60% off or better for Darksiders.

I'm just waiting till the last day, it's mine either way, but if I have to pay more than $20 I'm gonna mope about it. Probably the game I most want to see drop 50% or more.

How's the kb/m setup in Recettear? Out of town, debating whether or not I need to wait until I have my controller in hand. Looks like more of a controller game from the screens...

Volcynika said:
If Darksiders doesn't end up as a daily, Newegg has it for $20 and I'm preeeeeeeeeetty sure it's Steamworks: Link

Nice, thanks for the tip man! Appreciate it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright, I am PC game ignorant for the most part, but what is the freaking obsession with Bloodlines? I read the description and it sounds like a gimmick.

I thought I would escape today's deals, but stumps recommendation of Bully got me to cave.

Tally:

Bully - $3.75
Defense Grid - $2
PB Winterbottom - $.049

Total: $6.24

NOT BAD!

Need Dead Rising 2. I will double up on it as a purchase for myself and a gift. My body is... READY.

Parham

Banned
echoshifting said:
How's the kb/m setup in Recettear? Out of town, debating whether or not I need to wait until I have my controller in hand. Looks like more of a controller game from the screens...
I have been playing the game almost exclusively with my keyboard. While using a controller is preferable, the keyboard works just fine.

hamchan

Volcynika said:
No, the hunt is part of the game. I've been waiting for more than a year, I can certainly wait some more. If it does go on sale it deserves it's own thread with firework gifs, that's how big of a deal it is.

I'm going to sleep on AC 2 and decide tomorrow. Also, to celebrate another Mass Effect play through, I'll gift 2 gaffers the original Mass Effect if it goes on sale for $10 or less.
if it doesn't, I'll still gift it to 1 gaffer by the end of the sale.

dream

TheFatOne said:
Just giving you guys a heads up Amazon in having a Year end 75% off PC GAME DOWNLOADS. There are some good deals in here. I'm not sure how long the deal is for.

Edit: Amazon link

Nail'd for ten bucks seems pretty sweet.

They have Stalker: Call of Pripyat for $5 too!

Artofwar420

I have Spore as a physical copy, is it worth it to get the Spore Complete pack? Are the Creepy and Cute & the Galactic Adventures a good excuse to get the game again?

Volcynika said:
Too bad Troika don't see a dime out of the sales though.

Ceebs

Wellington said:
Alright, I am PC game ignorant for the most part, but what is the freaking obsession with Bloodlines? I read the description and it sounds like a gimmick.

It's one of the absolute best WRPGs ever made. That is all there is to it.

IrishNinja said:
i forget, can you redeem some of these on steam?
If they are Steamworks games they will require Steam to activate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom