• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragmire

I just had four games in my shopping cart and then gifted one (PB Winterbottom, $.50) to my partner, and it sent them all to him..... I didn't see any indication that it was gonna do that. We don't live anywhere near each other right now so I can't just play them on his computer (different cities, 150 miles away). Will Steam let us fix this?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So the witcher is absolutely fucking amazing. The combat isn't great but still serviceable, but overall, god its good.

Parham

Banned
Dragmire said:
I just had four games in my shopping cart and then gifted one (PB Winterbottom, $.50) to my partner, and it sent them all to him..... I didn't see any indication that it was gonna do that. We don't live anywhere near each other right now so I can't just play them on his computer (different cities, 150 miles away). Will Steam let us fix this?
Did your partner already accept the gift? If not, you can resend the games to your email and activate them on your account.

benjipwns

Banned
Dragmire said:
Can't you only select between "Purchase for Myself" and "Purchase as a Gift"?

John

Snuggler said:
I just bought a game called Blueberry Garden since it was .99 cents. Has anyone heard of it?
i never did figure out how to play the game, but i really loved the audiovisual aesthetic in there. it's so... blue.

Yeef

Snaku said:
http://www.telltalegames.com/30daysoftelltale

Use coupon code 9X8-Y2N-KWJ to get Sam and Max Season 1 for $4.95! I was gonna wait for it to drop on Steam, but I guess Telltale will get my money directly this time.
Picked this up. Already had Season 2 from the Adventure Bundle. With that one I got a free copy of the DVD (just had to pay for shipping). Hopefully thy do that again.

Zerokku said:
So the witcher is absolutely fucking amazing. The combat isn't great but still serviceable, but overall, god its good.
A Witcher! Hide your women!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yep, ended up buying COD4 and PB Winterbottom today. The fucked up thing is, I'm planning to play Modern Warfare when I wake up tomorrow morning in order to kill time until the Steam deals change again, so I can buy more games.

Dragmire

benjipwns said:
Can't you only select between "Purchase for Myself" and "Purchase as a Gift"?
Yes, but since it only came up for the last game I purchased, PB Winterbottom, and it was the only game I already owned on my Steam list, I thought it was going through as a gift. I didn't know it was taking everything else in my cart with it and I don't remember seeing any indication of that. It's possible I was wrong since I just worked all day and I'm tired as hell, but I'm pretty sure that it was just set up poorly. It seemed as if PB Winterbottom was the only gift.

Brak

I'm interested in getting one of Railroad Tycoon 2, Railroad Tycoon 3, or Sid Meier's Railroads, and I was hoping for some advice on which way to go.

Any thoughts?

Dragmire said:

Did he redeem them yet? If not, go into "Manage Gifts and Game Passes...," resend the games to your email address, and then redeem them on your own account. If he did, you're probably too late.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Brak said:
I'm interested in getting one of Railroad Tycoon 2, Railroad Tycoon 3, or Sid Meier's Railroads, and I was hoping for some advice on which way to go.

Any thoughts?
Get them all for $6.22?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Lasthope106 said:
There is only one game that can make this Steam sale a great one for me:

5284838258_b4f2a3c30b_z.jpg

Nothing else will suffice.
That would be nice, but why don't you guys who think this game is truly great already own it? It's like 19 bucks, right? I hear cries for a sale on this game so often you'd think it cost $200 or something.

Dragmire

azentium said:
Did your partner already accept the gift? If not, you can resend the games to your email and activate them on your account.
Hey, that worked! Perfect. Thank you. He already accepted PB Winterbottom as well as Windosill, but I'll let him keep that since he mainly plays on Mac and it was only $1.49. Thanks!

charlequin said:
Did he redeem them yet? If not, go into "Manage Gifts and Game Passes...," resend the games to your email address, and then redeem them on your own account. If he did, you're probably too late.
Yep, it worked. Thanks for the advice. :)

Blizzard

Banned
mattiewheels said:
That would be nice, but why don't you guys who think this game is truly great already own it? It's like 19 bucks, right? I hear cries for a sale on this game so often you'd think it cost $200 or something.
The thing is, we've all been waiting like 10 years for it to go on sale. If we give in and buy it now, Gabe wins and we LOSE. Gaining an awesome game is not worth losing the Steam metagame, man!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
wtf's with all the Vampire Bloodlines love? I remember playing it when it first came out and thinking it was mediocre... did the patches really fix it that much? Or is it one of those games that's not any good until you mod it?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
mattiewheels said:
People like something to bitch about. And Gaf is cheap as fuck.

Truly boss people have the disc version.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Blizzard said:
The thing is, we've all been waiting like 10 years for it to go on sale. If we give in and buy it now, Gabe wins and we LOSE. Gaining an awesome game is not worth losing the Steam metagame, man!
Ah, now I get it ;)

Edgeward

ColonelColon said:
Does the framerate ever drop below 30 FPS in Bully?

If you have shadows on, it will slow to a crawl in the boiler room part. I had to eventually just play without shadows and it ran like butter afterwards.

jediyoshi

Q8D3vil said:
the fact that this game is getting praised is beyond me.

:lol Read a review lately? They might help break it down. Just because a game can facilitate players purposefully acting erratic doesn't mean they intend for you to do it.

Ceebs

Chacranajxy said:
wtf's with all the Vampire Bloodlines love? I remember playing it when it first came out and thinking it was mediocre... did the patches really fix it that much? Or is it one of those games that's not any good until you mod it?
It's a bit of a slow burn at the start. If the lengthy tutorial makes you want to scream I understand. If you are not sold by the time you get to the hotel I don't know what to tell you.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Trent Strong said:
I'll have to take your word for it and risk that 50 cent purchase.
If it doesn't blow your mind, remember that it is your duty to bitch about wasting 50 cents not only here but also on the Steam forums.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Stallion Free said:
If it doesn't blow your mind, remember that it is your duty to bitch about wasting 50 cents not only here but also on the Steam forums.

it would also be his duty to drown himself in his own toilet for wasting our time by bitching about a .50 cent game that was $15 on XBLA

just kidding, it's all fun and games

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Brak said:
I know they're all cheap, but realistically I'm not going to play 3 different rail sim games.
In that case, I would personally default to Sid Meier's Railroads because I don't like my sims to get TOO sim. Sid has figured out some kind of magic in design. Where sims take out action-stress, they still have some sort of meta-stress going on, but he takes it out for an engaging yet fully chill experience.

Trent Strong said:
I'll have to take your word for it and risk that 50 cent purchase.
If you don't like the gameplay, it's worth 50 cents just to be creeped out by it.

jepense

There are so many indie games and indie packs at deliciously low prices... For someone who enjoys especially puzzle, simulation, adventure and platforming, what would you recommend? I know there are indie brain packs etc. focusing on specific genres, but could you name individual games, please.

Antiochus

I have heard truly horrific rumors of Ubisoft DRM on the PC, and that they come standard on all PC games these days.

Perhaps that will a big enough deterrant against AC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom