• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

Lakers in 4
Spurs in 6
Thunder in 7
Blazers in 7

Bulls in 5
Boston in 6
Miami in 5
Magic in 6

Lakers ( vs blazers ) in 6
Spurs ( vs okc ) in 7

Boston ( vs miami ) in 6
Bulls ( vs magic ) in 6

Lakers in finals against the bulls, and Lakers in 7

etiolate

Banned
More tweets about the Burkle stuff. This thing has gotten pretty crazy at the end.

sam_amick Sam Amick
Burkle been working on this for weeks. When KJ told Stern he had a possible buyer, the commish made crack about it being a local car dealer.

sam_amick Sam Amick
He dropped Burkle's name, and source says Stern went quiet. "You've got Burkle?"

TonyBizjak Tony Bizjak
Mayor sez Burkle, who is very rich, and local developer Darius Anderson are very serious about keeping or bringing a team to Sac

TonyBizjak Tony Bizjak
@KJ_MayorJohnson says Sac corporations committed $7 million in annual sponsorships to keep Kings. NBA owners took notice of that, he said

mr_jasonjones Jason Jones
Maloofs don't want to sell, at least that's what they've said. If Kings leave, this new deal would have to be Burkle buying/moving Hornets.

JasonRoss1140 Jason Ross
Ron Burkle plan would include bringing a team to Sac if the Kings were actually to move. He has BIG money and this could be a game changer!

*Hornets met their attendance requirement so I think that means they can't move for another year. I also don't like stealing a team from New Orlenas and further dirtying the NBA product with another move. Plus, you buy the Hornets and then Paul leaves, and you're a bad lottery team with a lot of salary.

markkreidler Mark Kreidler
Confirmed: Hornets made attendance incentives and are locked in for another year in N.O. Burkle's group looking first to buy Kings...

..and they are not for sale. NBA traditionally loath to overthrow an owner group unless blatantly not viable, and I don't see that.

Am told part of Maloofs' NY pitch is explanation that their finances r much better than publicly thought ... verrrry inside beltway.

Like how the Maloofs have gone from woe we need Anaheim money to hey guyz we okay we not selling.

When i think everyone figures they'd sell the Kings once they get some money out of a couple years in Anaheim and upgrade the team value.

dream said:
1 cup, 6 straws

WHAT THE FUCK MAN. Cannot unsee.

So is Jefferson and Walton really..you know..kobe.gif

My picks:
Eastern Conference
Bulls versus Pacers - Bulls in 4
Heat versus Sixers - Heat in 5
Celtics versus Knicks - Knicks in 7
Magic versus Hawks - Magic in 5

Western Conference
Spurs versus Grizzlies - Spurs in 6
Lakers versus Hornets - Lakers in 4
Mavericks versus Blazers - Mavs in 7
Thunder versus Nuggets - Thunder in 7

thekad said:
dont go to gaming often, but i never see the "u mad?" memes over there

It's more just trolling. Sometimes disguised, sometimes not.

As long as the Lakers, Heat, Celtics, or Spurs don't win it all I'll be content.

You will be sad.

More tweets about the Burkle stuff. This thing has gotten pretty crazy at the end

And this is ridiculous. Pretty obvious that they just want to move, period. I hate the Kings, but jokes aside, this is some bullshit.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Been gone... what happened to avatars? Gone for good?

Having to actually look at your names is uncomfortable as hell.

exarkun

if the Maloofs just want to move because they want to move and won't sell the King to keep them in Sacramento then...FUCK THEM. That is some of the shadiest shit, Stern needs to law down the fucking law if they have a fucking billionaire/city willing to come together to keep the team there.

Fuck the owners. Fuck em.

Ehh, really disliking picking the Bulls over the Lakers, should probably change that but I don't like the Lakers this year unless Bynum is healthy throughout and I can't see that happening. Noah versus Odom is a really strange matchup...

I would like to pick the Thunder to go far, but I can't shake the feeling that Durant and Harden are chokers and having Westbrook be the offense in playoff crunch time sounds like a complete disaster.

linsivvi

dream said:
Damning evidence, really. We should let Gaborn and Devolution know so they can turn Deron's rampant homophobia into a cause.

You do know what happened the last time this thread drew the attention of Gaborn, right?

So please don't.

EviLore said:
I'm not *that* sensitive. Anyway, I was just getting extremely aggravated trying to update the NPD thread with these partial page loads and hangups going on, so enjoy avatar-free GAF for a moment.

We're going to keep trying to figure out a way to optimize the internal avatar system so that I don't look extraordinarily silly for changing us over from the external urls. ;b

Gaming is the culprit!

Blackface

Banned
Ed Davis's dad said Ed is going to live in the gym all summer. He also said he really likes how the trainers/staff in Toronto have developed him after his injury.

Considering his dad is Terry Davis, I tend to get a good feeling about this.

Blackface

Banned
Why doesn't Evilore just make it so you have two options A) hosting your avatars on the Neogaf servers, or B) hosting them on approved sites, like imgur etc..

Blackface said:
Ed Davis's dad said Ed is going to live in the gym all summer. He also said he really likes how the trainers/staff in Toronto have developed him after his injury.

How soon until we get that 11 page report? May? July?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Adam Blade said:
Was the forum this full of outrage when the Jokelahoma stole the Sonics?
Yes. Blackace renamed the Off-Season thread to "FUCK CLAY BENNETT AND DAVID STERN" or something similar.

numble

I never thought the Maloofs would sell. The reports were all saying how lucrative Anaheim would be, especially since the Lakers are opening up TV spots on two channels.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Someone said to me today "the Knicks are built for the playoffs". I laughed my ass off, because it made no sense to me. I said "how could they be built for the playoffs, if they were barely built for the regular season"?

Knick fans, I am one of you 18 years strong, but some of you are fucking delusional.

This isn't directed at anyone in the threads, btw.

linsivvi

reilo said:
That wasn't as bad as juniors bitching enough that random mods started showing up in here and warning us (well, me specifically) over saying "who the fuck are you?"

Yeah well, and it looks like we have to put up with them for the next couple months.

giri

I dont' get the insistance on hosting stuff internally, i thought it was a little odd and would be a huge drain on their servers and bandwidth no matter how much they improved. But it's their call. Though the showing/hiding of them through an option in the CP shouldn't have been a problem that can only be resolved by hosting them all internally. It's only a flag that needs to be added to the code.

Though the enforcing size limits and such i can understand being almost impossible to enforce externally.

AlphaSnake said:
Someone said to me today "the Knicks are built for the playoffs". I laughed my ass off, because it made no sense to me. I said "how could they be built for the playoffs, if they were barely built for the regular season"?

Knick fans, I am one of you 18 years strong, but some of you are fucking delusional.

They probably read it on facebook

dream

linsivvi said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340122

Start from post 5700 and read at your leisure. I am not going to comment on that.

2 and a half years later
Pau-Gasol-Lady-Gaga-Concert.jpg

Blackface

Banned
giri said:
I dont' get the insistance on hosting stuff internally, i thought it was a little odd and would be a huge drain on their servers and bandwidth no matter how much they improved. But it's their call. Though the showing/hiding of them through an option in the CP shouldn't have been a problem that can only be resolved by hosting them all internally. It's only a flag that needs to be added to the code.

Though the enforcing size limits and such i can understand being almost impossible to enforce externally.

There are plugins/mods you can add to a board that will enforce size limits , dimensions, and even white list only approved sites for avatar's hosted externally.

Their problem was the sites some people were hosting their avatars on. They just need to white list specific sites (like imgur).

J2 Cool

AlphaSnake said:

I just want to see a win or two in the playoffs in MSG. Then they can build for next year.

exarkun

So now that it sounds like Deron is staying, what are the chances that the Nets are decent next year? They weren't terribad this year, but I don't even know what they could do to make the team better. Draft building? Dunno what they need.

Blackface said:

Year 3 of "Ed Davis will be a monster once he puts on the weight." Anthony Randolph-esque

Bread

Banned
exarkun said:
So now that it sounds like Deron is staying, what are the chances that the Nets are decent next year? They weren't terribad this year, but I don't even know what they could do to make the team better. Draft building? Dunno what they need.
Do they even have a first round pick this year? Deron would be dumb to stay in NJ, they have no future.

Deron will probably demand max contract to stay in that shithole...which means it will be hard for that team to justify giving another guy a max contract as well. Deron and Dwight could happen...but there would be no roleplayers and they wouldn't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom