• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

SamuraiX- said:
How's that gonna work when you've already been my bitch in 2K11?

i LOVE nba gaf, believe me there is no thread i love like this one, i think 90% of my posts are in this place.

viakado said:
Bitch please. Let's go. Ill even broadcast it live for everyone to see you get demolished.

this, this omg this, ill even donate a game or something to the winner.

viakado said:
Saturday night. 9pm pst.
Leggo. Ill send link for broadcast for everyone.

Get the popcorn.

I read like 1-2 pages of the Kobe thread before I bailed. Crazy.

And Syphon Filter gets love just for being named after one of the best PS1 series.

Omiee said:
That game should be fun, what team are you guys going to choose?
I bet you wont be choosing sacremento.
Samurai can pick the Lakers for all I care. Better yet, please pick the Lakers. Its a nice handicap against me.

Omiee said:

That would be funny if it was Lakers vs Kings again.

what's the deal with the avatars?

Basically, you have to move them over to the NeoGAF internal server, but it looks like there's a temp tech issue.

It is really weird to see though.

SamuraiX-

Omiee said:

I always choose Sac-Town, homey.

I've tried playing with other teams but it just doesn't feel the same. Something just clicks with me and I feel more comfortable playing with the Kings.

That's not to say that I haven't lost games because all my fucking wide open shots clanked off the rim. :mad:

Omiee

SamuraiX- said:
I always choose Sac-Town, homey.

I've tried playing with other teams but it just doesn't feel the same. Something just clicks with me and I feel more comfortable playing with the Kings.

That's not to say that I haven't lost games because all my fucking wide open shots clanked off the rim. :mad:

Dude your manly hood is on the line, are you sure you want to trust it to the kings? I for one will make sure you know it every day how you were somebody's bitch if you lose. Nothing personal its just funny =P

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
SamuraiX- said:
Shit, man. No hospital bills I hope.

What happened?
I was trying to make a left hand turn off this 2 lane road. There was this SUV in front of me, but I looked around the best I could, it seemed clear, so I went for it. Collided with some old lady who was doing a solid 55.

I'm at fault for failure to yield properly, fine, and accept responsibility for it. Well, I'm insured, so they're accepting responsibility. But this prick cop gave me some other tickets like reckless driving. Police report said I was going 45. I'm not turning off into a shopping center at 45, man.

SamuraiX-

Omiee said:
Dude your manly hood is on the line, are you sure you want to trust it to the kings? I for one will make sure you know it every day how you were somebody's bitch if you lose. Nothing personal its just funny =P

If I lose, I'll take whatever's coming.

But if I lose, I lose with my Kings.

I honestly feel like I have the best shot with them just because I understand what every player can and can't do.

I'd actually feel less confident going in with the Heat or some other juggernaut cheesing team.

Dark FaZe said:
Deron will probably demand max contract to stay in that shithole...which means it will be hard for that team to justify giving another guy a max contract as well. Deron and Dwight could happen...but there would be no roleplayers and they wouldn't win.

Everything depends on how the CBA shakes out.

According to ESPN's article on Deron's newfound NY/NJ enthusiasm, Humphries and Sasha both want to stay as well. Add in Morrow, Damion James, and *sigh* Travis Outlaw, and that's a solid group of role players. That's all we really need to put around Deron + another big talent if we let Lopez walk.

SamuraiX-

Rodeo Clown said:
I was trying to make a left hand turn off this 2 lane road. There was this SUV in front of me, but I looked around the best I could, it seemed clear, so I went for it. Collided with some old lady who was doing a solid 55.

I'm at fault for failure to yield properly, fine, and accept responsibility for it. Well, I'm insured, so they're accepting responsibility. But this prick cop gave me some other tickets like reckless driving. Police report said I was going 45. I'm not turning off into a shopping center at 45, man.

Shit's fucked up, man.

So wait, did you hit the old lady or did she hit you? Because what I'm imaging is that you made the turn and she T-boned you as she was coming toward you from the opposite direction...

But regardless, crooked cops: fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all to hell.

exarkun said:
if the Maloofs just want to move because they want to move and won't sell the King to keep them in Sacramento then...FUCK THEM. That is some of the shadiest shit, Stern needs to law down the fucking law if they have a fucking billionaire/city willing to come together to keep the team there.

Fuck the owners. Fuck em.

They want to move the team because they are losing money and selling now would be selling low, which is poor business. Moving the team would increase the value and then they could sell.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Everything depends on how the CBA shakes out.

According to ESPN's article on Deron's newfound NY/NJ enthusiasm, Humphries and Sasha both want to stay as well. Add in Morrow, Damion James, and *sigh* Travis Outlaw, and that's a solid group of role players. That's all we really need to put around Deron + another big talent if we let Lopez walk.

Hump will never play at this same level again, you and everyone else has to know deep inside that this was a total contract year aberration. Damion James is...okay, maybe. I don't think he showed any basketball skills whatsoever in college, but he seemed okay from what I saw of him this year. Sasha is terrible and will be way worse with a new contract. Outlaw is terrible, so Morrow and maybe James are the only good role players out of that group. If you get Dwight, you can probably win the title without role players (Assuming Deron stays healthy), but you don't really have a good supporting cast there right now.

benjipwns said:
And lose those five rebounds a game?

Brook is a talent, but it seems more and more unlikely that he's going to develop into a true Pau Gasol style 2nd option. He can score from anywhere on the floor but he's a terrible passer, a mediocre ball handler, and not athletic enough to do much damage on PnR. His rebounding and defense got better when Deron arrived (and he canceled his plans to slit his wrists), but they're both still light years away from what you'd want in a starting center, and you never want to build long term around a guy who gives 50% effort when he's unhappy.

Our cap next season is 35-40 wins, and it would be a tremendous improvement. But for a guy in his 4th year I don't think that's a good enough ceiling playing alongside a perennial All-NBA guy.

Since he's still a top 10 center in the league, we'll be sure to get some great value if/when we decide to pull the plug.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Hump will never play at this same level again, you and everyone else has to know deep inside that this was a total contract year aberration. Damion James is...okay, maybe. I don't think he showed any basketball skills whatsoever in college, but he seemed okay from what I saw of him this year. Sasha is terrible and will be way worse with a new contract. Outlaw is terrible, so Morrow and maybe James are the only good role players out of that group. If you get Dwight, you can probably win the title without role players (Assuming Deron stays healthy), but you don't really have a good supporting cast there right now.

Humphries was definitely in contract mode (he's never going to get 5+ blocks in a game again in his career), but it helps when you have a guy like Deron feeding you for easy dunks all the time. He can easily be a 14 & 10 guy just being a garbage man.

Cloudy

Banned
Hump will never play at this same level again, you and everyone else has to know deep inside that this was a total contract year aberration.

Kardashian's have special powers for athletes. Even the ugly ones!

ZPS.png

The Vancouver Grizzlies triumph in both neogaf leagues (and another unaffiliated league). huzzah! I just autodrafted too. My secret? I am fucking mother Kardasshian. Yes, her pussy is so loose it can be used as a smelly jumprope... but being fantasy bball champion makes it all worth it. Do I get a trophy or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom