• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

Anybody other than the Thunder would have been great for the Nuggets. Kinda pissed thats how it shook out, I feel like the Nuggs woulda made it to the second round against most other teams in the West.

Now we're left with what will probably one of the most athletic playoff rounds in a while. Can't think of another more athletic matchup. And with Afflalo in, you can expect daggers and a crotchety Durant. Also, lol at Durant when he hooked Artests arm for the three and basically put the ball in his chest then proceeded to pout and then foul Artest when he went to the basket. If you're gonna try the hook, at least do it as well as K-mart.

dream

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Why is it 17 pages?

Because certain people are trying to prove they're more sensitive and marginalized than everyone else.

I wish I could hit them without it being considered a hate crime.

Anth0ny

LEAST

Bulls versus Pacers Bulls in 4
Heat versus Sixers Heat in 5
Celtics versus Knicks Celtics in 6
Magic versus Hawks Magic in 5

WEST

Spurs versus Grizzlies Spurs in 5
Lakers versus Hornets Lakers in 5
Mavericks versus Blazers Blazers in 6
Thunder versus Nuggets Thunder in 6

snack

445530.jpg

Derrick Rose is on the cover of this month's magazine, the first Bull to do so since Michael Jordan. And if he keeps playing the way he has been, it's unlikely that this will be his last time on the cover of the magazine. However, it will be a while before he catches up to Jordan's record 57 cover appearances.

SUPREME1

Banned
LEAST

Bulls versus Pacers
Heat versus Sixers
Celtics versus Knicks [for the lulz]
Magic versus Hawks

BEST

Spurs [for the lulz] versus Grizzlies
Lakers versus Hornets
Mavericks versus Blazers
Thunder versus Nuggets

J2 Cool

The West really isn't that elite when you put it down on paper. They have a good 1-8 (and a couple competitive teams beyond it), but the most feared opponents for the Lakers these playoffs should be OKC and Portland (And Denver if they were on their side of the bracket). That's not right. Dallas/San Antonio are such a known commodity, and both of them are getting older. There's not really a team to fear. CHI/MIA/BOS is a much fiercer top 3. I don't think the Lakers would want to get into a round 2 matchup with any of those teams.

dream said:
I don't think Derrick Rose will connect with the public as much as everyone wants him to.

I don't think any of the young guys will. Durant, Rose, and Griffin are the young popular guns, but if Griffin comes out of that with the most intriguing personality there's a problem. I still love Rose, but he ain't flashy off the court.

thekad

Banned
J2 Cool said:
The West really isn't that elite when you put it down on paper. They have a good 1-8 (and a couple competitive teams beyond it), but the most feared opponents for the Lakers these playoffs should be OKC and Portland (And Denver if they were on their side of the bracket). That's not right. Dallas/San Antonio are such a known commodity, and both of them are getting older. There's not really a team to fear. CHI/MIA/BOS is a much fiercer top 3. I don't think the Lakers would want to get into a round 2 matchup with any of those teams.

1-6 + Grizz with Rudy Gay could beat the Bulls in a 7 game series. The Rockets could beat the Bulls in a 7 game series and they're not even in the playoffs.

snack

StickSoldier said:
He doesn't really seem to have much of a personality from the interviews.
I agree. But I think he is just really humble, and quiet. He keeps to himself and let's his play speak for itself. Besides his personality, he's an amazing basketball player. There's no denying that.

dream

J2 Cool said:
I don't think any of the young guys will. Durant, Rose, and Griffin are the young popular guns, but if Griffin comes out of that with the most intriguing personality there's a problem. I still love Rose, but he ain't flashy off the court.

I dunno, Blake's fun when he actually gets a chance to crack jokes and shit. I think people would be more receptive to him because of all his dunks.

I can't imagine anyone actually liking Durant though.

snack said:
I agree. But I think he is just really humble, and quiet. He keeps to himself and let's his play speak for itself. Besides his personality, he's an amazing basketball player. There's no denying that.

No doubt, dude is a stud. He's great at playing basketball, and I'm not faulting him for what seems as a lack of a personality, just that he probably will never be as popular as LBJ, or Kobe.

linsivvi

Jarlaxle said:
Thank God that hellish season is over. What a fucking disappointment. To be on the doorstep of a championship to a lottery team in an offseason.

The Suns were never on the doorstep of a championship last season. Never.

dream said:
I dunno, Blake's fun when he actually gets a chance to crack jokes and shit. I think people would be more receptive to him because of all his dunks.

I can't imagine anyone actually liking Durant though.
Nobody is better than Shaq in terms of personality in the NBA.

dream

Dwight and Shaq prove mainstream America loves big goofy black centers.

THUS

Deandre Jordan is the next mainstream superstar.

Jeff-DSA

numble said:
Jeff-DSA, do any of the Jazz/ex-Jazz players use slurs when they play XBox? You don't have to name names.

No, but Deron used to swear like a drunken sailor, but he either got better at the game or just mellowed a bit. Someone was playing with us one night that kept saying "that's gay," but it was just someone that knew Deron and was playing in the party.

dream

If Deron didn't pause the game to challenge, admonish, and educate his ignorant friend then Deron Williams is part of the problem and possibly homophobic.

Jeff-DSA

dream said:
If Deron didn't pause the game to challenge, admonish, and educate his ignorant friend then Deron Williams is part of the problem and possibly homophobic.

Deron did marry a woman, and had kids, so we can only assume he hates sex with men. Once we have that, it's an easy leap for him to hate men that have sex with men.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@FisolaNYDN said:
Knicks didn't practice but Amar'e did Regis & Kelly while Melo does Letterman. What did KG, Paul & Ray do today, practice? Silly Celtics
Knicks are totally locked in. Totally.

dream

Damning evidence, really. We should let Gaborn and Devolution know so they can turn Deron's rampant homophobia into a cause.

Omiee

snack said:
445530.jpg

Derrick Rose is on the cover of this month's magazine, the first Bull to do so since Michael Jordan. And if he keeps playing the way he has been, it's unlikely that this will be his last time on the cover of the magazine. However, it will be a while before he catches up to Jordan's record 57 cover appearances.

how many times have kobe, bird shaq and magic been on there?

Zep

Banned
reilo said:

I read somewhere that Dantoni doesn't do practices when at home because players live too far away. How can you question such a winning attitude!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
reilo said:

Yeah, because if you do Letterman, which takes, what 30 minutes? An hour total? There's no way you can still have time to practice.

Jeff-DSA

I hate the Celtics...but I hate the Knicks. It's like if the flu virus and the common cold got into a fight. Whoever wins, we lose.

With that said, I don't ever want to see Carmelo get his, so I'll lean toward the Celtics, but only because I'm leaning away from the Knicks.

MikeTyson

Banned
J2 Cool said:

All you got is ESPN praising Rose for how humble he is.

DCX

DCX
Jeff-DSA said:
I hate the Celtics...but I hate the Knicks. It's like if the flu virus and the common cold got into a fight. Whoever wins, we lose.

With that said, I don't ever want to see Carmelo get his, so I'll lean toward the Celtics, but only because I'm leaning away from the Knicks.
With time you'll end up falling down.

DCX

The Stealth Fox

Jeff-DSA said:

The flu is much worse. So which team do you hate more?

Eric Hall

I want the Hawks to get past the Magic, but man, the Hawks have been terrible since the All-Star break.

Playoff Predictions:
Bulls in 4
Heat in 5
Knicks in 6
Magic in 6

Bulls in 6
Heat in 6

Bulls in 7

Spurs in 5
Lakers in 6
Thunder in 7
Blazers in 6

Spurs in 6
Blazers in 7

Spurs in 6

Finals: Bulls in 6

Jeff-DSA

The Stealth Fox said:
The flu is much worse. So which team do you hate more?

I guess the Knicks are the flu, because the flu is bad, but it rarely affects you. The cold is more of a constant threat, and you hate it, but it's not as hard to stomach...like the Celtics.

It's believed that Jackson drew the ire of the league with his comments to Lakers beat writers during a sitdown last week in Portland, when the 65-year-old spoke openly about the widely expected lockout and how it factored into his decision to repeatedly state that he's retiring from coaching at season's end.

"It was really about the fact that there's going to be a lockout," Jackson told the small gathering of traveling beat reporters April 7 at a Portland hotel. "It's the perfect time to help the organization cover a gap if there's a lockout. My staff, all those guys who work with me. All those things played into it. I felt like an obligation."

"Who knows what the NBA is going to look like next year?" Jackson continued. "It's going to take on a whole different proportion. How long is it going to last? I think there are some people who are pretty convinced there's not going to be a year next year."

Really? That's worth a fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom