• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duki said:
gabron shanadeus risky chris and the like are easily the most embarrassing part of this website

constantly have a stick up their ass about everything
Amen brother. I really hope this the last time I agree with you. It's very unsettling.

giri

Blackface said:
There are plugins/mods you can add to a board that will enforce size limits , dimensions, and even white list only approved sites for avatar's hosted externally.

Their problem was the sites some people were hosting their avatars on. They just need to white list specific sites (like imgur).
I don't know how it would enforce size limits with out adding as much load the server. And whitelisting sounds like a lot of effort. For e.g. i just hosted it on my own private hosting, that would never have been white listed just for one person.

Duki said:
gabron shanadeus risky chris and the like are easily the most embarrassing part of this website

constantly have a stick up their ass about everything

I don't mind the articles Gaborn lists, but they're usually specifically provocatively chosen and bring out defense forces. There was a great one where someone tried to dfend their right to drink & drive, because they live a long way from where they work, and like to drink after work with work mates. I dont care who you are or what the situation, it's indefensible to drink drive.

dream

I just wish they weren't so fucking smug. I mean, fuck.

Your traditional idea of child rearing adheres to outdated and incredibly regimented gender roles, and your fear of your son turning into a 'pansy' is hilarious and would probably do more damage to your son than you think.

Who talks like that.

giri

dream said:
I just wish they weren't so fucking smug. I mean, fuck.

Who talks like that.
I agree with him, but it is posed a bit pompously, but at the same time, most of the people that bother to take sides and battle to the death in those debates are acting a little stupid.

My general rule is, go in, read the OP, read the replys, and don't make more than 1 post in the thread, max.

RealGM Toronto fans are delusional. The majority of them seem to think that Bargnani will pan out and that they should keep Colangelo.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
a college graduate? Just sayin'

edit: then again, his/her usage of hilarious is questionable at best.
No, not everyone who's been to college talks like they're writing an essay at all times.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
kings1.jpg

Duki

Banned
dream said:
I just wish they weren't so fucking smug. I mean, fuck. Who talks like that.
for real

its embarrassing

its like a bunch of those pricks at university who wear suit jackets and hats during normal days and prattle on about marx or student politics or some shit getting together and fellating each other

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I have no idea why people like watching Russell Westbrook.
he is a v exciting athlete tbh i dunno why people are always so down on him just because he doesnt play too smart

hed be more fun if he wasnt on the shitfest free-throw squad but yknow

sometimes its nice just seeing a dude who can run quick and jump high doin his thang man

Adam Blade said:
RealGM Toronto fans are delusional. The majority of them seem to think that Bargnani will pan out and that they should keep Colangelo.
can you bring back the clipperdog avatar plz

best avatar

Darkman M said:
I need that link, last time i was banned i couldn't ask for it.
should go in the op of every thread imo

too valuable an institution to be so hard to find

fredrancour said:
No, not everyone who's been to college talks like they're writing an essay at all times.

Youre right. I guess it depends on your major. Sociology/Anthropology majors tend to write in specific terms so as to not be vague with their opinions, seeing as all sort of people with a variety of agendas might want to use someone's research to justify their position on a societal issue and/or to prevent their research from being misconstrued. I can see why that would come off as smug or excessive to some but one must be clear when presenting their findings/views on a subject. What that person posted seems tame compared to half the shit I've had the "pleasure" of reading.

edit: nevermind. Dude sounds smug as hell now that ive reread his post.

But I digress. Got the Heat going all the way with the Bulls in the ECF being the only series that goes the limit : )

Blackface

Banned
There is a group of people who want to keep BC.

But nobody wants to keep Bargs. He does not fit this team. We need defenders.

Bread

Banned
How about Jermaine O'Neal and Von Wafer for Bargnani? I know Toronto would love to have a true physical center like Jermaine back on their side!

giri

Blackface said:
There is a group of people who want to keep BC.

But nobody wants to keep Bargs. He does not fit this team. We need defenders.
I think part of the problem is that someone at the top there really loves bargs, and protects him. There's no excuse for him to be playing even less D than amare/bosh ever did. And if its your coach that is in love with him and excuses it, get rid of him. If it's someone in management, they need to be shutup or fired. If it's BC, show him the door. Bargs needs a reality check in a big way, or you'll end up wasting many years while he's there and logging minutes.

SamuraiX-

CB3 said:
Its good to know SamuraiX has such a caring father

That kid kinda does look like me when I was younger.

But all the same, kiss my ass.

Also, people freaking out too much on the new rules. They're not banned, they're just gonna be more enforced... and probably just in Gaming and anything outside of Sports GAF in OT.

dream

Bread said:
How about Jermaine O'Neal and Von Wafer for Bargnani? I know Toronto would love to have a true physical center like Jermaine back on their side!

Have we not hit our random white dude quota yet?

giri

The Stealth Fox said:
Wow, at that stuff on the new posting rules.

Yet there's no regulation on religion threads.

It's really silly.
It's neogaf, religion bashing is half of what the OT is for.

i agree with you, but thats the way neogaf is

Pkaz01

So whats everyone series to watch?

I'm paying special attention to the knicks vs celtics and the mavs vs blazers.

Im gna watch as many games as possible (except orlando vs atl sucks every single year) but the okc and denver series has potential but i dont look forward to watching ft practice for the thunder for a 7 game series and the other ones are unlikely to be upsets. and dont just homer pick your own team we all know who is winning la vs new orleans and chicago vs indiana.

giri

Pkaz01 said:
So whats everyone series to watch?

I'm paying special attention to the knicks vs celtics and the mavs vs blazers.

Im gna watch as many games as possible (except orlando vs atl sucks every single year) but the okc and denver series has potential but i dont look forward to watching ft practice for the thunder for a 7 game series and the other ones are unlikely to be upsets. and dont just homer pick your own team we all know who is winning la vs new orleans and chicago vs indiana.
Celtics will probably be the most fortelling series there is. If they can turn on the switch, and smack the knicks around, it's a lock for a bulls C's ECF. I really don't know who goes to the finals between those two.

I think the spurs/griz series will be interesting to see if the griz can turn that regular season form into post season and crush TCB's girl berries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom