• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

Jin34 said:
After opening day I couldn't wait for the playoffs to start. The Celtics were so confident that they were better than anyone and when they played the Heat they had this "who the hell do you think you guys are? WE run this shit". Now I just feel like current the Celtics, all depressed and just wanting it to end. Thanks a lot Danny Ainge you stupid piece of shit.

A lot has changed since than.

server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #nba-age

irc clients:
windows - use mirc or xchat
mac - colloquy

NBA_AGE IRC (also the one stop destination to mock heat-age (via mibbit.com)
Chatzilla(firefox extention)

Darkman M

The Crimson Blur said:
Oh, I'm not saying the Lakers will lose the series. Don't get me wrong. I fully expect "random luck" (aka Helmeppo's will) to go the Lakers' way the rest of the series, as it always does. After all, thats why the Lakers win series. Same thing happened with the Rockets. I wouldn't be surprised if CP3 goes down like Yao did if the Hornets take more games.

Lakers need West, Gray, and Chris Paul down to beat the Hornets after all.
Lakers loss is a bad one for sure, the Spurs losing to the Grizz is no shock to anyone who watches the game. Flopnobli can't save you from big Zack.

diehard

Fleer
charsace said:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.

33mtxs6.jpg

You mad like I really found a picture of one of your wives? Did I?
Lol im from Utah so im a polygamist lolamirite?

I could say some bigot ass shit about New York but i'm better than you so it's all good.

Sucks that the Lakers will win game 2, it always seems the underdog steals a game and then can't get up 2 games to nothing on the opposition's homecourt.

Oh wait, why am I upset about this, I don't care for either team???

I guess what I am saying is it's very unlikely that the Hornets win the next game because it never seems to happen that way.

Omiee

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Sucks that the Lakers will win game 2, it always seems the underdog steals a game and then can't get up 2 games to nothing on the opposition's homecourt.

Oh wait, why am I upset about this, I don't care for either team???

I guess what I am saying is it's very unlikely that the Hornets win the next game because it never seems to happen that way.

This is what i find annoying, people think they because they won 1: they will the next 3 or what ever.
Its a 7 game series and no way the hornets got what it takes to beat LA in a 7 game series.

GAME TIME AND TNT TIME BABY

Darkman M said:
Lakers loss is a bad one for sure, the Spurs losing to the Grizz is no shock to anyone who watches the game. Flopnobli can't save you from big Zack.

How come the Grizzlies are scary yet they don't get much attention like the Blazers and Nuggets???

The Grizzlies present some matchup problems.

charsace

dIEHARD said:
Lol im from Utah so im a polygamist lolamirite?

I could say some bigot ass shit about New York but i'm better than you so it's all good.
Add a month on to the length of time you wear the avatar and I will give you something that offends you less. So the off season plus a month.

Agreed?

Kevtones

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
At least I made the shot as well!!!!

That's all that matters!

About a year after I had broken/sprained it I rolled it badly again about 3 miles from my apartment while running. So much rage!

On the whole I've torn the ligament in my RIGHT foot; I've dislocated my RIGHT knee ala Livingston; and I did the aforementioned break to my RIGHT ankle. Needless to say, my right leg is a battlefield.

diehard

Fleer
" This PNG image has the incorrect file extension. "

Good thing i'm not a Moron from New York and i know how to fix their mistakes huh?

The Crimson Blur said:
Oh, I'm not saying the Lakers will lose the series. Don't get me wrong. I fully expect "random luck" (aka Helmeppo's will) to go the Lakers' way the rest of the series, as it always does. After all, thats why the Lakers win series. Same thing happened with the Rockets. I wouldn't be surprised if CP3 goes down like Yao did if the Hornets take more games.

Lakers need West, Gray, and Chris Paul down to beat the Hornets after all.

And the Grizzlies only need Rudy Gay hurt to beat the Spurs!

NOH starters:
Ariza shot 2-13 and played terribly on both ends.
Okafor played 22 ineffective minutes and had 2 rebounds as the starting center.
Paul played marvelous.
Landry played tough on 6-13 shooting.
Belinelli disappeared in the 2nd half. Pretty sure he didn't score.

Jack and Gray played great but overall, it was hardly an A+ effort outside of Paul.

NOH scored 109 on 92 possessions. Shot a high percentage from 2 and inside the paint with a lot of shots, plus a lot of FTs.

A+ doesn't mean everyone plays well. That would be a 140+ scoring night. As a team, they played about as well as they possibly could against the Lakers. That's what I mean. This was their peak performance in this series, IMO. That's not to say they can't win again, but I don't believe they can perform at this level offensively again, regardless of who performs it.

Call it an A if not an A+ if you want.

I Push Fat Kids said:
On the whole I've torn the ligament in my RIGHT foot; I've dislocated my RIGHT knee ala Livingston; and I did the aforementioned break to my RIGHT ankle. Needless to say, my right leg is a battlefield.

lol and you're a Blazers fan?

exarkun

Anyone betting on this game? My boy is giving me 6 to 1 odds that the Celtics win. I don't do over and unders on basketball games but he's giving me 196 on that. Im staying away from the over under but that those odds look mighty fine. I think I'm gonna just throw something on the knicks.

Black Mamba said:
NOH scored 109 on 92 possessions. Shot a high percentage from 2 and inside the paint with a lot of shots, plus a lot of FTs.

A+ doesn't mean everyone plays well. That would be a 140+ scoring night.

So basically you are taking statistics that indicate that the Lakers couldn't stop the Hornets all night, and that the Lakers played miserable team defense, and you are spinning it as a positive for the Lakers.

Cognitive dissonance.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
got hamn, this is shaping up to be the finest day of playoff basketball in the history of the NBA.

go knicks!

DCX

DCX
LovingSteam said:
See Char knows how to win an avi bet. Put some creativity in it. DCX just splashes a naked Amare together.
Ohhh shiiiii...thats it, i'm drawing you one bitch!! Wear it proud for the next two years

DCX

Omiee

ssolitare said:
The NBA would be a much better place if the Lakers, Spurs and Celts all lost in the first round.

Too bad they will all win :(.

why would the nba be better, i dont see any solid reasons for that to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom