• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omiee said:
ehm they play wensday and friday not a week from now

I was exaggerating but they get long stretches in between games, no back to backs. Ankle sprains (assuming it's not broke, which I doubt it is) just need time to heal. He might not be back for game 2 but thanks to the extra days inbetween games he could be back for 3 or 4.

THis obviously all depends on the severity of the injury, but just saying.

dIEHARD said:
Ahh yes, the boundless knowledge of the Jazz organization by Bulls and Laker fans shall correct me, whatever was i thinking?

You just weren't using common sense, you were in denial and reaching for every possibility besides the inevitable.

It didn't take a genius to realize that dIRon drove away poor legendary coach Sloan.

thekad

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Rockets 0-16 in the last 16 YEARS.

U mad?

And btw, Kobe's 1 win in the Finals in 2004 is enough to trump LeBron's entire Finals career.

U still mad?

Rockets? 2004?

Lebron 1-0
Kobe 0-1

yeah, u mad

Kevtones

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I don't know, man, he's a big guy and all that weight.

It looks like he broke it but maybe he'll catch a break(no pun intended).

Sprains can be that painful though but even when I BROKE my ankle, I could somewhat walk on it.

It's really difficult to roll/break your ankle. However, I did EXACTLY what Grey did right there and broke mine (along with a high ankle & mid-foot sprains) 3 years ago.

Ninja Scooter said:
pretty much. Crimson has to be in denial because if he faces the Spurs lost he might be driven to give up watching basketball for a few years. If players can be soft so can fans.

The best part is, the 5pur5 were playing with newly unlocked 2K version of 2003 Timmy and they still lost.

On a Shane Battier dagger.

All while George Hill MVP shot 2-9 in a playoff game.

Trey Johnson shot at a better clip than that.

exarkun

NomarTyme said:
Do they enforce the ban on umad in this thread?

They shouldn't. It doesn't take away from the talk in this thread, which is the primary purpose of those types of bannings. That, and 90% of the this thread would be banned in the next 3-4 weeks.

charsace

StickSoldier said:
2n897p0.png

The real Gasol brother. When will the Lakers get him back?
He getting paid in the off season. I said it a few months ago when the Knicks had the money and people laughed. The dude is getting paid.

they should give the nba thread immunity from the new rule changes. For the most part we police ourselves, and in a rare occasion a mod has to come in here and ban some psycho like Pimpwerx or Triple U.

NomarTyme

exarkun said:
They shouldn't. It doesn't take away from the talk in this thread, which is the primary purpose of those types of bannings. That, and 90% of the this thread would be banned in the next 3-4 weeks.
Yeah that why I'm asking.... Blackace?

overcast

I think the umad ban is only if it takes away from the discussion. Which it isn't doing too much right now? It's hilarious, that's all that matters.

thekad said:
Rockets? 2004?

Lebron 1-0
Kobe 0-1

yeah, u mad

I mad?

About what?

How I leave for a month and some change and your trolling is still failing like the Lakers on a 5 game bender?

Actually, I sad...for you.

kadme is trying to go into hero mode and continues to stink up the joint.

Duki

Banned
i doubt his ankle is broken

probably a high ankle sprain

i mean its not impossible, the odds are just against it

either way he wont be seen at LEAST two three weeks

The Crimson Blur said:
Every game is different. The Hornets will outperform their performance today in some ways in Game 2, and they will underperform their performance today in some ways in Game 2.

The fact that the Lakers barely forced any Hornet turnovers is not an encouraging sign. This is rather simple, man.

yeah, but I expect them to underperform a lot more in more areas than overperform.

New Orleans made a high percentage of long 2s. Made a lot of shots in the paint, while LAL give up very little in the paint. Didn't turn it over at all and got a lot of FTs while LAL gives up the fewest FTs.

These things will even out over time. They pretty much always do.

On the flip side, the fact that New Orleans played a hell of a game in all facets (minus FT%) and LA played a poor game in many respects and it was STILL a 3 point game late is not encouraging if you're a Hornets fan going forward.

A+ game barely beats a D game.

Omiee

i dont see a lot of jared or what ever the fuck that guys name is. But man do i hate the guy already, he just shot up on my hating list. his whole game is bumping his shoulders in people to get the foul, and having a ugly face like he has doesn't help.

ryutaro's mama said:
I mad?

About what?

How I leave for a month and some change and your trolling is still failing like the Lakers on a 5 game bender?

Actually, I sad...for you.

kadme is trying to go into hero mode and continues to stink up the joint.

You know, there was a 3-week period this year when you, me, and DY weren't here. A lot of the other veterans barely posted during that time frame too.

This thread went back to the dark ages. I thought I'd read the thread while I was banned, but I honestly didn't. It was that bad.

charsace said:
He getting paid in the off season. I said it a few months ago when the Knicks had the money and people laughed. The dude is getting paid.

I'd much rather have Marc than Tyson Chandler for a Mav. Dude is just good, and is becoming a better scorer. Would of liked him as a Thunder also, but since we got Perks now, I'm content with him.

Well, he didn't score as much this year, but he still shot at a great %.

charsace

dIEHARD said:
You want me to wear it now? Don't give me one soaked in bigotry and bad photoshop skills.
What the fuck is this nonsense? You wear what you get. If you make a bet where the loser eats shit, you can't say no if the shit is runny.

Time to eat the shit son.

diehard

Fleer
charsace said:
What the fuck is this nonsense? You wear what you get. If you make a bet where the loser eats shit, you can't say no if the shit is runny.
Oh i'll wear it, i'll just know what a fucking bigot you are.

charsace said:
speaking of avatar bet, samuraiX, this will be your avatar when you lose our best of 7 2k11 series.
akyavn.png

charsace said:

no i think people were laughing at you thinking the knicks could get him

The Crimson Blur said:
You know, there was a 3-week period this year when you, me, and DY weren't here. A lot of the other veterans barely posted during that time frame too.

This thread went back to the dark ages. I thought I'd read the thread while I was banned, but I honestly didn't. It was that bad.

kadme hasn't changed at all.

Still tossing up bricks, even in garbage time on this thread.

Omiee

I like how 1 bad game for pau makes him worse than his brother and all of a suden he has to be traded and everything. The guy is one of the best big man in the game period. He can make fade away jumpers and 15 ft jumpers, and is good in the paint. He has been beasting all year and helping our bench out. Phil has been playing a lot of minutes with him. But all of a suden because one bad game all of that is forgotten.
Im mad at the guy like any lakers fan but lets not act like he is a bad player.

Zep said:
who was the mod that came in here and banned konex for trolling, lol.

wait what? when did cloudy get banned?

exarkun

This thread is just full of every kind of emotion, except the real kind. In NBA 2k do they adjust stats based on current level of play? I need to know if I can update my roster and still play as the Lakers and win when my friend plays as the Raptors. lemme know!

Black Mamba said:
the fact that New Orleans played a hell of a game in all facets (minus FT%) and LA played a poor game in many respects and it was STILL a 3 point game late is not encouraging if you're a Hornets fan going forward.

Yes it is. Because they won. Trust me, no Hornet fan is discouraged because of some garbage stats you are trying to manipulate to form an argument.

There is nothing discouraging about outplaying the opposing team.

Omiee said:
I like how 1 bad game for pau makes him worse than his brother and all of a suden he has to be traded and everything. The guy is one of the best big man in the game period. He can make fade away jumpers and 15 ft jumpers, and is good in the paint. He has been beasting all year and helping our bench out. Phil has been playing a lot of minutes with him. But all of a suden because one bad game all of that is forgotten.
Im mad at the guy like any lakers fan but lets not act like he is a bad player.

Pau's number is gonna be hanging at Staples one day. How mad can people be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom