• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, without the avatars, I was thinking everyone should finish their posts with a unique sign-off, that way we'd know who is whom.

is PEACE taken, yet?

Omiee

i was in 10 fantasy basketball leagues on espn, and i loved them. The whole trading and dropping players and adding players who are on a streak etc was fun as hell. Made me watch teams i normally never do because i was following my players.
First year i do this and i loved it.
To my suprise i got a few emails yesterday that i was the champion in 6 leagues. One im the most proud of is a pro league because people were so active in it and my regularseason record was something like 13-6 or something but i realy shined in the playoffs.

lol neogaf without avatars is weird as hell.

Duki

Banned
Omiee said:
i was in 10 fantasy basketball leagues on espn, and i loved them. The whole trading and dropping players and adding players who are on a streak etc was fun as hell. Made me watch teams i normally never do because i was following my players.
First year i do this and i loved it.
To my suprise i got a few emails yesterday that i was the champion in 6 leagues. One im the most proud of is a pro league because people were so active in it and my regularseason record was something like 13-6 or something but i realy shined in the playoffs.

lol neogaf without avatars is weird as hell.
lol yeah its actually p impressive when someone like cyborg wins a bunch of of them cos theyre rly hard to win

still not as good as fantasy football or baseball u mad

Duki

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Damn, Avatars were back but that lasted as long and the Knicks' playoff run is about to be.
bitch knicks are gonna be in the first round longer than the lakers

cant argue with that BRO

Argh, really going back and forth on if the Spurs can win this series with a limited Ginobili. If they can, I think they should be favored to win the title, but I'm not sure they can. Blair is so abysmal at guarding the post and now the Spurs only have one perimeter guy and the Spurs can put Allen on him, Duncan will have to almost single-handily win the series for the Spurs. I'm not sure if he can do that...

:SEXUAL FAVORS

giri

Black Mamba said:
Damn, Avatars were back but that lasted as long and the Knicks' playoff run is about to be.
Funny thing is, with out avatars, you sound like just another random lakertard random.

Omiee

Black Mamba said:

ah come on now, i might be one of the few that thinks knicks can push them to 6 or 7

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Argh, really going back and forth on if the Spurs can win this series with a limited Ginobili. If they can, I think they should be favored to win the title, but I'm not sure they can. Blair is so abysmal at guarding the post and now the Spurs only have one perimeter guy and the Spurs can put Allen on him, Duncan will have to almost single-handily win the series for the Spurs. I'm not sure if he can do that...

:SEXUAL FAVORS
1? they've got a bunch of guys that can knock down open 3's. Hill, Neal, Red Rocket, RJ.

giri said:
Funny thing is, with out avatars, you sound like just another random lakertard random.

Yeah, I'm hating my name more without the avatar.

It's really strange having to read the actual username to figure out who is saying what.

ah come on now, i might be one of the few that thinks knicks can push them to 6 or 7

The better team to use was the hornets, but no one in Hornets gaf posts, so I needed to make fun of someone who would hear it.

Has this been discussed?

Globe And Mail said:
Moving Bargnani is not a core strategy, according the NBA sources; but it's been discussed and there's a sense that Bargnani's potential and his pay cheque would have other teams on the phone in significant numbers. "There are 29 other teams out there who think they could help them," said one source.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/first-up/bargnani-the-door-is-to-your-left/article1985621/

This will be my Super Bowl. They should hang a banner in the rafters commemorating Bargnani trade day. I almost don't even care what they get back as long as it's not something that magnetically repels rebounds.

lawlohwhat said:
aldridge and bargnani frontline

DO IT CHO

Actually, the Blazers would be one of the teams he'd look great on because he could be the third big and not have to do anything except score and be the 7'1 Jamal Crawford that he is.

LiveFromKyoto said:
Actually, the Blazers would be one of the teams he'd look great on because he could be the third big and not have to do anything except score and be the 7'1 Jamal Crawford that he is.

i'm half serious

LiveFromKyoto said:
Jamal Crawford and his killer crossover should slap you for that blasphemy.

I'm sure there's a team out there that thinks Bargnani would be amazing and unstoppable at SF. I mean, he's 7'1, he could shoot over everyone. He played SG in Euroleague as well.

Blackface

Banned
Bargnani is like a video game character that has all their stat points allocated already. If you want him to improve on something, he will get significantly worse at everything else.

Unfortunately, he only wants to improve his scoring. So as it gets better, everything else gets worse.

Bargnani is not even that good at scoring. He's 7 feet and shoots 44%, efg% of 48%. Your C/PF have to be high percentage shooters, otherwise you're fucked. And he gives you nothing else. He's a worthless player in every respect.

Maybe as a JR Smith for big men off the bench. Then again, JR Smith sucks.

Black Mamba said:
Bargnani is not even that good at scoring. He's 7 feet and shoots 44%, efg% of 48%. Your C/PF have to be high percentage shooters, otherwise you're fucked. And he gives you nothing else. He's a worthless player in every respect.

Maybe as a JR Smith for big men off the bench. Then again, JR Smith sucks.

He'd have a five inch advantage over NBA SFs...

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
He'd have a five inch advantage over NBA SFs...

He can't even stay in front of slow prodding bigs like marcus camby. How is he going to stay in front of the Melos and Lebrons? Fuck, he can't even stay in front of Artest.

Bargs is a player that no matter what you do with him, your defense will always be worse as a result and whatever offense he gives you will never supplant how much worse you get on defense.

He's worse than a terrible player because since he puts up points he fools people into thinking he has value. At least with guys like Luke Walton, people are like "fuck, he can't play for shit. Bench him." With bargs people think a system might cover for him. I mean, look, he can score 20 points! He's the worst type of NBA player you could possibly have. He adds nothing to the team, always hurts the team, but fools you into thinking otherwise.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Black Mamba said:
He can't even stay in front of slow prodding bigs like marcus camby. How is he going to stay in front of the Melos and Lebrons? Fuck, he can't even stay in front of Artest.

Bargs is a player that no matter what you do with him, your defense will always be worse as a result and whatever offense he gives you will never supplant how much worse you get on defense.

He's worse than a terrible player because since he puts up points he fools people into thinking he has value. At least with guys like Luke Walton, people are like "fuck, he can't play for shit. Bench him." With bargs people think a system might cover for him. I mean, look, he can score 20 points! He's the worst type of NBA player you could possibly have. He adds nothing to the team, always hurts the team, but fools you into thinking otherwise.

Ugh the 06 draft was atrocious. I actually think Tyrus Thomas is a better contributor to a team than Bargnani.

SephCast said:
Ugh the 06 draft was atrocious. I actually think Tyrus Thomas is a better contributor to a team than Bargnani.

Hey man there was LMA and Gay and Millsap and maybe Lowry and maybe Rondo and then...there was no one else....

Derwind

SephCast said:

Lies!!!! Bargnani the franchise!!!!

Would you be willing to trade? =(

I hate how we blew the #1 first round pick on him, such a bust.......=_=

exarkun

Its sad how much Walton has dropped since like 07. Dude could ball for his size and whiteness, then the injuries happened, with him now getting bagged on by Lakers fans.

fuuuuuucked up.

On a positive note, the doctor told me earlier today that I do not have bumps on my downstairs buddies. Feels good mang.

Bread

Banned
I'm looking at what some of the 2006 mock drafts thought about Bargnani, and I came across this great pic of him.
Andrea%20Bargnani.jpg

Derwind said:
Not to get on you or anything but you do realize thats A'mare defending him....

A'mare can't defend shit...

9/10 Bargnani would get slapped for that move by any PF playing half-decent defense...

He can do it to guys who aren't Knicks too, like Tim Duncan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L4vuuveD30

Black Mamba said:

Yeah, but 7 feet!

numble

exarkun said:
Its sad how much Walton has dropped since like 07. Dude could ball for his size and whiteness, then the injuries happened, with him now getting bagged on by Lakers fans.

fuuuuuucked up.

On a positive note, the doctor told me earlier today that I do not have bumps on my downstairs buddies. Feels good mang.
He still played pretty well yesterday. He was still a better PG than Shannon Brown. His BBIQ is so high that they use him as an assistant coach sometimes.

Also, remember what the article said:

"There are 29 other teams out there who think they could help them," said one source.

I don't know why he's plural now, but it means he could happen to any of you.

Think about that as you lay in bed tonight, thinking about the future.

Derwind

LiveFromKyoto said:
Also, remember what the article said:

"There are 29 other teams out there who think they could help them," said one source.

I don't know why he's plural now, but it means he could happen to any of you.

Think about that as you lay in bed tonight, thinking about the future.

Bargnani or Roy?

PLEASE SAY BARGNANI, PLEASE SAY BARGNANI, PLEASE SAY BARGNANI....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom