• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
LovingSteam said:
Ehh. They still aren't going to the finals.

Time to revoke your Laker fan card. I see through this "if I act like they'll always lose, then I won't be disappointed and can rub it in Laker fans faces but if they do win I will be elated beyond belief" bullshit. You can't have it both ways.

I'm banishing you to a soulless existence as an Atlanta Hawks fan for the foreseeable future.

Black Mamba said:
Time to revoke your Laker fan card. I see through this "if I act like they'll always lose I won't be disappointed when they lose but if they do win I will be elated beyond belief" bullshit. You can't have it both ways.

I'm banishing you to a soulless existence as an Atlanta Hawks fan for the foreseeable future.

Who gave you banishing rights, mofo?

I DON'T REMEMBER ASKING YOU A GOTDAMN THING!

J2 Cool

Not sure how I feel about CP3's game tonight. 20/9 on 5/11 shooting isn't bad, but I think we all knew he had to put up gm 1 numbers for the Hornets to win this series. Pau and Kobe played horrible games, and the Hornets didn't even sniff a win.

exarkun said:
Yea, kinda sad story. We look back and laugh at it now, but sometimes it makes you stop and think. And for a split second I actually though "I wonder if it really is all the same in the dark" but then I snapped out of it. You and Viak would make cute couples though.
im on top, you know what i mean :D

overcast

Black Mamba said:
there comes a point in every junior's life where he has to step up and take control of the situation.

it just had to be done.
Wait.. why are you still a juinor? You've been posting here for like 4 months..

Omiee

overcast said:
Wait.. why are you still a juinor? You've been posting here for like 4 months..

More like 2 months, he will become a member in a few weeks.

anyhow im happy with the win, but not confident by the way we are playing at all.
Watched untill the 3rd for now and pau seems like he just lost his manly hood somehow.
Even though kobe had a horrible night he was active, and just having him on the court was making it easier for others to get going.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Black Mamba said:
Time to revoke your Laker fan card. I see through this "if I act like they'll always lose, then I won't be disappointed and can rub it in Laker fans faces but if they do win I will be elated beyond belief" bullshit. You can't have it both ways.

When jr's attack coming to fox this spring

Puddles

Banned
punkypine said:
you serious? that was horrible

Am I serious? Do I really make that many posts in this thread that don't involve trolling Lebron or calling Delonte West a white guy? I do believe that "empty stats" exist, but no, I was kidding with that post.

Black Mamba said:

Being a fan of this team is hard enough. No other fans understand our pain and heartache.

Sanjuro

Will Laker-Age finally call out their own!? Will Kobe escape his homophobic fantasy!? Tune in next week! Same Ref-Time, SAME Ref-Channel!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
LovingSteam said:
Being a fan of this team is hard enough. No other fans understand our pain and heartache.

Only Yankee fans can imagine.. :(

Lol Simmons ripping Sean Elliot and that horrible local Spurs announce team on twitter. Even used the same "little league parents" comparison i made for the shitty Portland crew. And this is from a guy that has to listen to Tommy Heinson regularly.

Sanjuro

Ninja Scooter said:
Lol Simmons ripping Sean Elliot and that horrible local Spurs announce team on twitter. Even used the same "little league parents" comparison i made for the shitty Portland crew. And this is from a guy that has to listen to Tommy Heinson regularly.
Heinsohn is amusing. At this point he goes over the top intentionally to troll, he knows his role as the homer. If he wasn't sitting next to Mike Gorman I would just turn the sound off.

On the radio it's kind of the same but different. You have a pretty good playman and Cedric Maxwell doesn't rage, but in most cases would be diagnosed with a mental disorder.

reilo said:
lol what did Crimson get banned for this time?
He said something or someone on tv was "so homo" during the Laker game and Bish came down hard with the quickness.

Maybe be can film a PSA like Kobe and have the ban lifted early.

KingGondo

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
It was truly awful. When Tony Allen threw the ball against the padding under the hoop in frustration, they were crowing for a technical and being complete jackasses ("I guess a tech isn't a tech in the playoffs, huh?")

I like NBA TV in general, but they need to take step up their production value and send in unbiased announcers for playoff games at least. And air more original programming other than the endless studio shows cut together with highlights. Take a cue from the NFL Network.

Ninja Scooter said:
He said something or someone on tv was "so homo" during the Laker game and Bish came down hard with the quickness.

Maybe be can film a PSA like Kobe and have the ban lifted early.

I can see it now, Kobe arrives in his Lakers camo and Crim in his Spurs camo. They bring with them their teams most recent championship trophies while holding hands. They say 'We now know that its wrong to make anti gay remarks' and embrace.

KingGondo said:
It was truly awful. When Tony Allen threw the ball against the padding under the hoop in frustration, they were crowing for a technical and being complete jackasses ("I guess a tech isn't a tech in the playoffs, huh?")

I like NBA TV in general, but they need to take step up their production value and send in unbiased announcers for playoff games at least. And air more original programming other than the endless studio shows cut together with highlights. Take a cue from the NFL Network.

Forget production value, how about showing you know, old NBA games?? Na, instead we're going to show NBA Game Time 24/7 with a pinch of the same episode of True NBA that has been shown the last 3 months. Yea, good job NBA.

Sanjuro

I still don't see how two men with a specific skill performing and groping each other during a halftime show is any more/less "homosexual" than ten men with a specific skill and groping each other not during the halftime show.

I fear some people when they leave the internet.

LovingSteam said:
Forget production value, how about showing you know, old NBA games?? Na, instead we're going to show NBA Game Time 24/7 with a pinch of the same episode of True NBA that has been shown the last 3 months. Yea, good job NBA.

I can't count how many times I've fallen asleep on my couch to NBA Game Time...only to wake up to NBA Game Time.

jjasper

Have all the NBAtv playoff games been home announcers for the playoffs? Luckily they were showing the Memphis feed on Foxsports so I was able to get away from the ridiculousness of it.

KingGondo said:

After the game during press conferences Webber asked "Is this all we are doing for the rest of the night coming in and talking for 1 to 2 mins and then going to highlights and other people talking." When they answered yes he said something about leaving and watching the Lakers game.

Sanjuro

YuriLowell said:
I wish I had mike and tommy. I cant stand Marv's voice. He sounds like marge simpson.
Normally I would agree. NBA so far it doesn't bother me much, when it turns to ESPN/ABC broadcasts it sure as hell does.

MLB normally bothers me with national broadcasts the most, same with NFL.

Someone please insert JasonTerryfacezoom.gif:

According to mavericks.scout.com, Since 08-09:

When the Mavs WIN in the playoffs:

The average score is 101.1 - 89.9 ... Terry plays 29 minutes, is at 3.66-9.88 FG/FGA, shoots 37.07 percent and scores 11.11 points.

When the Mavs LOSE in the playoffs:

The average score is 94.77 - 105.11 ...Terry plays 33.11 minutes, is at 5.44-13.66 FG/FGA, shoots 39.84 percent and scores 15.44 points.

This evidence would further drive my dislike for Jason Terry, the basketball player. I'm sure he does a lot of community and charity work and NBA Cares commercials, so he's got that going for him.

numble

What would be a proper term to describe the type of teasing that the two halftime dancers directed towards Barkley? I think they were stealing from Goldust's old gimmick with the body paint and the sexually suggestive comments they made towards Chuck.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Normally I would agree. NBA so far it doesn't bother me much, when it turns to ESPN/ABC broadcasts it sure as hell does.

MLB normally bothers me with national broadcasts the most, same with NFL.

MLB is god awful with national broadcasts. Possibly the worst of the big sports.

Sanjuro

YuriLowell said:
MLB is god awful with national broadcasts. Possibly the worst of the big sports.
I still have to pick NFL overall, just because there are no television national broadcasts. Usually I turn up the radio and tv down. Patriots have the best play-by-play in the league.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I still have to pick NFL overall, just because there are no television national broadcasts. Usually I turn up the radio and tv down. Patriots have the best play-by-play in the league.

In Virginia I don't have the luxury. :(

Blackface

Banned
We are talking about NBATV?

It is by far the worst of the sports network. In fact, nothing really even comes remotely close to just how bad it is. Their hosts and especially co-hosts are awful. The set looks a decade old, and they have virtually no good original programming. Every time I watch it, I feel embarrassed for the NBA.

Comparing NBATV to the NFL network is like comparing New York City to Nairobi.

Blackface said:
We are talking about NBATV?

It is by far the worst of the sports network. In fact, nothing really even comes remotely close to just how bad it is. Their hosts and especially co-hosts are awful. The set looks a decade old, and they have virtually no good original programming. Every time I watch it, I feel embarrassed for the NBA.

Comparing NBATV to the NFL network is like comparing New York City to Nairobi.

Or Chris Bosh to Tim Duncan.

Derwind

I know I'm a little late saying this but holy fuck hornets, way to blow the million opprotunities you had. SMH.

Missing like 20 freethrows.

Shitting the bed when you force a turnover.

You actually had the Lakers reeling and losing composure. Kome was throwing airballs...it took artest a million 3's before he hit the rim and that was when the game was already closed out. :/

You even had the refs throw a blind eye to some of your ticky-tacky plays. Thats only reserved for Heat-age, Spurs-age, Lakers-age and Celtics-age....you had the fucking power!

Way to fuck it all up....

thekad

Banned
Or Derrick Rose to CP3.

btw, who told you Kobe and the Lakers would be exposed this series? If not for the refs taking out Okafor, letting Bynum clean up, Hornets would have been going back to NO up 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom