• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Tonight are all must win games for the Pacers, Sixers, and Blazers.

They all decide tonight whether they want to make a series against their competition or if they're just gonna say "fuck it, imma chill."

Hope is probably all but lost for the Sixers, but I expect the Pacers and Blazers to give it their all.

I'm gonna be pissed if Chicago, Miami, and Dallas are all up 3-0 after tonight.

SamuraiX- said:

They all decide tonight whether they want to make a series against their competition or if they're just gonna say "fuck it, imma chill."

Hope is probably all but lost for the Sixers, but I expect the Pacers and Blazers to give it their all.

I'm just glad the Bulls don't have much pressure in tonight's game, they can play calm with no distractions and maybe well as an overall team again.

That'd be something!!!!

Omiee

SamuraiX- said:

yeah sixers better win at least 1 game, i can see pacers win one, and blazers are def winning.

SamuraiX- said:

The Sixers and the Pacers are going to get swept. I wouldn't be surprised by Dallas in 5 at this point either.

SamuraiX-

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Oh, ok, thought some gave the 76ers a chance to win a game or 2.

Before the series started, sure, but after that Game 2 romping I think the Sixers have all but said:

43sjctb

Bread

Banned
dIEHARD said:
I like how Orlando has 1 win but Dwight has a 1.2 Earned Win Average. Damn the MVP is good.
holy shit he's averaging 47 minutes a game? The Magic without Dwight might be worse than the TWolves.

exarkun

thekad said:
Or Derrick Rose to CP3.

btw, who told you Kobe and the Lakers would be exposed this series? If not for the refs taking out Okafor, letting Bynum clean up, Hornets would have been going back to NO up 2-0.

Okafur just looks like trash this series. Offensive game - lol and the defense just looks like he is lost, which I guess is just a part of getting all those early fouls.

exarkun said:
Okafur just looks like trash this series. Offensive game - lol and the defense just looks like he is lost, which I guess is just a part of getting all those early fouls.

What is worse is that Mychael Thompson was straight clowning him on the radio...Sad

Puddles

Banned
Blackface said:
We are talking about NBATV?

It is by far the worst of the sports network. In fact, nothing really even comes remotely close to just how bad it is. Their hosts and especially co-hosts are awful. The set looks a decade old, and they have virtually no good original programming. Every time I watch it, I feel embarrassed for the NBA.

Comparing NBATV to the NFL network is like comparing New York City to Nairobi.

Or Delonte West to Mark Madsen.

dream

During Wednesday's practice at the Sports Authority Training Center in Waltham, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said that Shaq's ability to travel would suggest he might be able to play again as early as Sunday's Game 4 in New York.

The Celtics running on Diesel power to complete the sweep? The Knicks are so fucked now.

dream said:
The Celtics running on Diesel power to complete the sweep? The Knicks are so fucked now.

hahahaha, I just read a headline that said he's done.

The Celtics seem more boring than they were before the trade, maybe Shaq can give them an emotional boost!!!!

BOSTON — Shaquille O'Neal may have worn a Boston Celtics uniform for the last time.

In what would be a crippling blow to their chances of winning a title, the Celtics are going forward as if the affable center won't be returning to team for the playoffs, according to an NBA source.

It means the other O'Neal — Jermaine, who has had knee problems since opening day, will be the go-to big man with Glen Davis and Nenad Krstic as his backups.

The Celtics came to this conclusion after Shaq failed to complete one simple sprint up and down the court during a "conditioning test" on Saturday, before he limped off the court in Waltham.

The Celtics held out a slim hope Shaq would be able to make his return in their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against the Knicks or possibly in the conference semifinals, if they advanced.

"If he were to come back, it would have to be a miraculous recovery," said the source, who requested anonymity. "And at his age (he turned 39 on March 6) and physical condition, the Celtics have planned accordingly."

A few days ago, Celtics coach Doc Rivers alluded to the possibility, saying his team could win a championship without the oft-injured center.

posted?

Can they revoke Ainge's Executive of the Year award? This is why you don't make a trade banking on Shaq being healthy.

edit:

ESPN reporting something else. hmm..

Boston Celtics center Shaquille O'Neal joined his teammates for Thursday's flight to New York in advance of Friday's Game 3 of an Eastern Conference quarterfinal series with the New York Knicks.

Boston's entire roster made the trip for the the Celtics, who lead the best-of-seven series 2-0.

During Wednesday's practice at the Sports Authority Training Center in Waltham, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said that Shaq's ability to travel would suggest he might be able to play again as early as Sunday's Game 4 in New York.

"If he's closer to playing -- you know how we've done it -- if you see him on the trip he's really close," Rivers said Wednesday.

Later, Rivers added: "If he goes on the trip, that means we think he'll play that Sunday.

Another KG situation? Multiple conflicting reports.

dream

Black Mamba said:
posted?

Can they revoke Ainge's Executive of the Year award? This is why you don't make a trade banking on Shaq being healthy.

That is hateful LA libel.

Boston Celtics center Shaquille O'Neal joined his teammates for Thursday's flight to New York in advance of Friday's Game 3 of an Eastern Conference quarterfinal series with the New York Knicks.

Boston's entire roster made the trip for the the Celtics, who lead the best-of-seven series 2-0

"If he's closer to playing -- you know how we've done it -- if you see him on the trip he's really close," Rivers said Wednesday.

Later, Rivers added: "If he goes on the trip, that means we think he'll play that Sunday."

In my honest opinion Amare shouldn't even bother playing on Sunday if Shaq Diesel is in the game. He has an image to maintain, after all.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
dream shattered.

At least he still has fat CHICKS to root for.

laurenalaina.gif

<3

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
JerryZgoda
KLove won Most Improved going away. He had 66 first place votes and 400 of possible 580 points. Aldridge next w/ 11 1st place and 157 pts
David Kahn is going to be at this presser. I can't wait. His last one was so awkward and hilarious.

Lol, Nuggets imploding in front of our faces.

@STEIN_LINE_HQ RT @nuggetsnews: JR Smith says team had no pulse 2day and "strong possibility" won't sign w/DEN in summer. (GOOD TO SEE SUCH FIGHT DOWN 2-0) 13 minutes ago

numble said:
I think Shaq will play with the Knicks or Spurs next season. Maybe both.

Shaq will reconcile with Bosh, Wade, and Bron and join the Heat next season. Think of the storylines! Shaq will have to choose which teammate he will pimp as the greatest player he's ever seen on the court, which teammate to be his sidekick, and which teammate to throw under the bus when he's waived midway through the season.

StickSoldier said:

@STEIN_LINE_HQ RT @nuggetsnews: JR Smith says team had no pulse 2day and "strong possibility" won't sign w/DEN in summer. (GOOD TO SEE SUCH FIGHT DOWN 2-0) 13 minutes ago

Why would a rebuilding team re-sign JR anyway?

And if you're the Bulls, does the prospect of signing JR make OJ Mayo look like a safe choice?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
StickSoldier said:

Ughhhhhhh, resign with Denver JR. I want Afflalo on the Bulls (no chance in hell).

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Why would a rebuilding team re-sign JR anyway?

And if you're the Bulls, does the prospect of signing JR make OJ Mayo look like a safe choice?

I'm sure they don't and I wouldn't blame them. But if yesterday was an indication of how the Nuggets are feeling today, then they are in big trouble especially with game 3 coming up soon.

numble

You win some you lose some. I'm still mad about the Lakers giving away Turiaf and Toney Douglas and getting 0 players in return.

SamuraiX-

dream said:

I laughed way too hard at this. lol

StickSoldier said:

And this. hah

I love the Playoffs.

exarkun

JR is the dumbest motherfucker. What team would want his low bbIQ, selfishness, and generally dumbassery on their team? Especially a rebuilding team who needs to figure out who to keep?

Fuck him. His defense constitutes get in front of them, let them blow by, and then give them the stupid foul. His offense is him looking around with 19 on the clock, saying fuck it, and shoot a fade-away J. I think I've seen three or four games this year where he was in pass first mode.

numble said:
You win some you lose some. I'm still mad about the Lakers giving away Turiaf and Toney Douglas and getting 0 players in return.
I love the guy but Ronny got overpaid so it made sense not to match. Who knows if his contract was on the books Dr. Buss might have balked at resigning Odom or something.

Douglas was just a lack of foresight. It was a quick money saver but he could have matched the production Blake is giving us for less money, so it ended up costing us more in the long run. I was a big fan of Toney going into that draft too.

numble said:

I look at that as the only way to keep Lamar and go after Ron. Well, at least in Turiaf's case. No way Lakers were going to pay $8 mil a year to keep him.

Toney would have been a really cheap player, though. But for Buss he got $3mil + the $1 mil in savings of not paying that player, so it works out well for the team, and they needed to re-sign LO that off-season.

numble

Ninja Scooter said:
I love the guy but Ronny got overpaid so it made sense not to match. Who knows if his contract was on the books Dr. Buss might have balked at resigning Odom or something.

Douglas was just a lack of foresight. It was a quick money saver but he could have matched the production Blake is giving us for less money, so it ended up costing us more in the long run. I was a big fan of Toney going into that draft too.
Yeah, but we were just coming off a year with Bynum having a major injury, and saw how being thin up front was. He was also thinking Chris Mihm would come back and do backup, which was dumb.

Odom was going to stay anyway. Odom took less money than Buss's initial offer and took less money than other teams were offering.

I think the Lakers should just stop making cost-cutting moves when they make more money than other teams in the league. We could've kept Ariza and signed Artest too, but I know that's reaching.

SamuraiX-

exarkun said:
JR is the dumbest motherfucker. What team would want his low bbIQ, selfishness, and generally dumbassery on their team? Especially a rebuilding team who needs to figure out who to keep?

Fuck him. His defense constitutes get in front of them, let them blow by, and then give them the stupid foul. His offense is him looking around with 19 on the clock, saying fuck it, and shoot a fade-away J. I think I've seen three or four games this year where he was in pass first mode.

aib0c.jpg

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
KingGondo said:
JR Swish will have a great time in Minnesota/New Jersey.
The veteran leadership the Wolves need. He's got Conference Finals experience, you know.

17 points per on 41% shooting. I'm ready.

numble said:
Yeah, but we were just coming off a year with Bynum having a major injury, and saw how being thin up front was. He was also thinking Chris Mihm would come back and do backup, which was dumb.

Odom was going to stay anyway. Odom took less money than Buss's initial offer and took less money than other teams were offering.

I think the Lakers should just stop making cost-cutting moves when they make more money than other teams in the league. We could've kept Ariza and signed Artest too, but I know that's reaching.
That's not simply reaching, it wasn't even fiscally feasible under the current salary cap restrictions lol

dream

JR Smith should go to Sacramento and share his veteran leadership with Tyreke and DMC. He could shape their careers with his guidance and help instill good habits in them.

The M.O.B

It is quite funny the situation with Shaq, I remember before the season started, some Boston fan on here was telling me how great of a job management did in getting the "O'neal Towers" as he dubbed it. My main point was that neither can stay healthy and JO has been broken for years now.

/shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom