• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
dream said:
JR Smith should go to Anahiem and share his veteran leadership with Tyreke and DMC. He could shape their careers with his guidance and help instill good habits in them.

Fixed..

That would be a decent team

numble

GremlinFool said:
That's not simply reaching, it wasn't even fiscally feasible under the current salary cap restrictions lol
Yes, it was. They had the Bird Rights for Ariza. They had the MLE because they were over the cap. Sign Ariza with Bird Rights. Sign Artest with MLE. Sign Odom with Bird Rights. Sign Shannon with Early Bird Rights. Done.

This is why Houston proposed doing a Sign-and-Trade so that both teams could keep their MLEs.

TylerD

All JR Smith needs to do is hit his shots so he doesn't go into "don't give a fuck" mode and get pulled.

It looks to me that the biggest factor on how much of a bitch he is going to be from night to night is if he can score.

Barrage

numble said:
Yeah, but we were just coming off a year with Bynum having a major injury, and saw how being thin up front was. He was also thinking Chris Mihm would come back and do backup, which was dumb.

Odom was going to stay anyway. Odom took less money than Buss's initial offer and took less money than other teams were offering.

I think the Lakers should just stop making cost-cutting moves when they make more money than other teams in the league. We could've kept Ariza and signed Artest too, but I know that's reaching.

...Have you seen Ariza play lately? And you would want LA to have him under contract for the next three years?

It'd be Walton all over again.

numble

Barrage said:
...Have you seen Ariza play lately? And you would want LA to have him under contract for the next three years?

It'd be Walton all over again.
He is a great 5th option and he would guard the fast guards. The problem is he sucks if he is options 1-4. I said I was reaching because I don't think Artest or Ariza would want to come off the bench.

Sanjuro

dream said:
I always thought they just grabbed Shaq and Jermaine to help out until Perk was healthy.

guess i was wrong huh
No, you were right. Perk still isn't healthy. We still haven't seen what Shaq can/can't do yet, it's not like we need him at the moment.

At the moment, I'm more worried about Kristic getting back.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
numble said:
He is a great 5th option and he would guard the fast guards. The problem is he sucks if he is options 1-4. I said I was reaching because I don't think Artest or Ariza would want to come off the bench.
He sucks as any option. He shoots like 38%. His jump shot is broken. Dude is trash.

Tom Penny

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
No, you were right. Perk still isn't healthy. We still haven't seen what Shaq can/can't do yet, it's not like we need him at the moment.

At the moment, I'm more worried about Kristic getting back.

Kristic is in the Wafer dog house and because Doc's binky is Fatty Davis.

numble said:
You have to take the luxury tax into account. Every dollar that the Lakers spend has to be paid double. You are asking Dr. Buss to spend $12 million a year on Trevor Ariza as a 5th option? This is why you see so many cost cutting moves from the Lakers and why saving a couple million here and there on a bench player or a sold off draft pick absolutely effects whether or not guys like Odom are resigned.

Tom Penny

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Are you talking jive or something?

Either way, Kristic is hurt. Has nothing to do with preferences.

Krstic isn't hurt and Baby has played big minutes in game 1 and 2 and has been absolutely horrific. Your crazy if you don't think Doc loves Baby. He's throwing out moronic undersized 2nd unit lineups because he won't play Krstic. Doc River flat out said injury has nothing to do with Krstic getting a whopping 5 minutes in 2 games.

Sanjuro

Tom Penny said:
Krstic isn't hurt and Baby has played big minutes in game 1 and 2 and has been absolutely horrific. Your crazy if you don't think Doc loves Baby. He's throwing out moronic undersized 2nd unit lineups because he won't play Krstic. Doc River flat out said injury has nothing to do with Krstic getting a whopping 5 minutes in 2 games.
Do you have any links or sources?

SamuraiX-

According to ESPN...

Krstic is playing with bone bruises in both knees, according to the Boston Globe.

Spin: This may explain why Krstic only played five minutes in Game 1 against the Knicks, though given the matchups, Krstic shouldn't see the floor much anyways against the center-less New York squad.

Sanjuro

SamuraiX- said:
I'd still play Krstic over the Big Fatfuck any day, though.

Fuck matchups.
Baby is usually great off the bench, he shouldn't be playing solid minutes in most scenarios. Krstic was really gelling well with the team before he got banged up.

Sanjuro

TylerD said:
I would rather have Nazr Mohammed than Nonads Krstic as my center. Sorry Boston.
I rather have him and Green over a hobbled Perkins who will be gone next season.

Do I believe we are the top team in the East? No. I think it's going to be entertaining regardless.

Tom Penny

SamuraiX- said:
According to ESPN...

http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/0...sArmy+(Red's+Army:+The+Voice+Of+Celtics+Fans)

"The lack of playing time for Nads is curious. While he did re-injure his knee, Doc said that has nothing to do with his court time"

He played 25 minutes in the final game of the season. It has nothing to do with his knees. He loves his 1-8 game 1 jump shot Davis and utterly worthless getting beat left and right and 1 fouling and goal tending game 2 Davis. Jared fucking Jeffries is outplayed Fatty. Think about that.

Sanjuro

Tom Penny said:
http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/0...sArmy+(Red's+Army:+The+Voice+Of+Celtics+Fans)

"The lack of playing time for Nads is curious. While he did re-injure his knee, Doc said that has nothing to do with his court time"

He played 25 minutes in the final game of the season. It has nothing to do with his knees. He loves his 1-8 game 1 jump shot Davis and utterly worthless getting beat left and right and 1 fouling and goal tending game 2 Davis.
There is no quote from Rivers in that article to back that up.

The M.O.B

Looking at the list of past Most Improved Players...........So many disappointments.

Just last year it looked like Brooks would be the future of the Rockets, and well you see where he is at now. :/

Tom Penny

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
There is no quote from Rivers in that article to back that up.

You can't be this stupid. He played 25 minutes in the final game of the season. Your trying to tell me he got hurt in practice?

Sanjuro

Tom Penny said:
You can't be this stupid. He played 25 minutes in the final game of the season. Your trying to tell me he got hurt in practice?
...he was hurt before the season ended as well. This has been a well known fact. In a garbage game, sure he is probably going to stick it out and feel for his limitations. That doesn't equate to him being prepared for serious minutes at a playoff level.

SamuraiX-

I never even watched Nenad in the 5 minutes that he played in Game 1.

Who was he guarding? Did he make a lot of mistakes or something?

It really doesn't make sense why Doc is playing Jermaine 20 MPG when his knees could explode at any time and not playing Krstic because of an everyday injury.

Yeah, bone bruises hurt, but this is the Playoffs, and no way Krstic being on the floor would cause the team production to drop off more than if Baby is on the floor.

Tom Penny

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
...he was hurt before the season ended as well. This has been a well known fact. In a garbage game, sure he is probably going to stick it out and feel for his limitations. That doesn't equate to him being prepared for serious minutes at a playoff level.

He's played 5 minutes total. Your right. He can't possible average more than 2 1/2 minutes in two basketball games yet Doc would even consider putting him on the floor? He averaged 19 minutes a game the last 6 games AFTER his injury.

SamuraiX- said:

It really doesn't make sense why Doc is playing Jermaine 20 MPG when his knees could explode at any time and not playing Krstic because of an everyday injury.

Yeah, bone bruises hurt, but this is the Playoffs, and no way Krstic being on the floor would cause the team production to drop off more than if Baby is on the floor.

It's not just about replacing Baby. Doc is playing Green, Baby, D West and a combination of Ray/ Pierce / Rondo. There is no height. The bench got out rebounded by like 11 in basically no minutes on the floor.

Sanjuro

Tom Penny said:
He's played 5 minutes total. Your right. He can't possible average more than 2 1/2 minutes in two basketball games yet Doc would even consider putting him on the floor? He averaged 19 minutes a game the last 6 games AFTER his injury.
U9geg.jpg

Sanjuro

SamuraiX- said:

Jermaine is hurt.
Rondo is hurt.
Krstic is hurt.
Shaq is hurt.
Delonte is always in the queue.

Jermaine isn't quite the same scenario Sheed was last year, he had a serious injury where he declined surgery to be here for the playoffs. Regardless of the Space Jam Aliens taking his powers, someone who does that is going to be giving his all down the stretch. Problem is I don't know what is all quite can be on average.

People complaining or acting surprised about the Celtics team obvious doesn't have a clue on what is going on. This was always a stitched together team around the core and it's not going to get any easier in the upcoming season. I'm just here for the ride.

SamuraiX-

So who do Celtics sign/resign this off-season?

The only guys who they'll have on the books after the Playoffs end are: KG, Piece, Ray, Rondo, Jermaine, Shaq, and Avery Bradley.

You guys have around $15 mil coming off the books, but that would still have the Celtics over the salary cap next season.

giri

SamuraiX- said:

Jermaines been playing well in the minutes he's on the floor.

Sanjuro

SamuraiX- said:
So who do Celtics sign/resign this off-season?

The only guys who they'll have on the books after the Playoffs end are: KG, Piece, Ray, Rondo, Jermaine, Shaq, and Avery Bradley.

You guys have around $15 mil coming off the books, but that would still have the Celtics over the salary cap next season.
Ray has a player option if I recall. So he is probably there unless he reworks possibly for the sake of the team, which I doubt.

Shaq and Bradley are chump change. Jermaine is the only one lingering with more money than he is worth.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Serious minutes against a Knicks team playing Jared Jeffries at center? Dude is an injured scrub but he's not 5mpg bad, Doc is being hardheaded. Davis has looked terrible in this series, and he has no business ever guarding Amare Stoudemire.

Sanjuro

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Serious minutes against a Knicks team playing Jared Jeffries at center? Dude is a scrub but he's not 5mpg bad, Doc is being hardheaded. Davis has looked terrible in this series, and he has no business ever guarding Amare Stoudemire.
So a banged up Krstic has business doing that? I'm not sure what most of you are smoking. Doc is doing what he can, that is limiting as many players as possible until things heat up. No pun intended.

SamuraiX-

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
So a banged up Krstic has business doing that? I'm not sure what most of you are smoking. Doc is doing what he can, that is limiting as many players as possible until things heat up. No pun intended.

A banged up Krstic is still more serviceable than a Big Baby any day.

You guys are really lucky STAT is probably gonna be out for Game 3 and maybe 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom