• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGS3 > MGS >MGS4 > MGS2
I Foxdie, yo.

ryutaro's mama said:
If you posted here more often, you wouldn't be.

We've debated Scar vs. Jafar, ffs.

terryface.gif

The Stealth Fox said:
He spends all day in 2k11 analyzing Kobe's footsteps using advanced metrics.
I laughed too much at this. He knows what he's talking about but he has to stop pulling out the stats. Gets boring to read.
Edit: Although, I guess I can't talk. I kind of just float along in this thread and post my Clippers fantasies.

The Stealth Fox said:
The story formula.

You mean the blatant overtelling of the fucking story in general?

Normal sentence: There is a wooden table in that room.

MGS sentence: In the Fall of 1967, a lumber in the Applalacian Mountains by the name of Smith lumber (which was previously owned by Davis lumber until it was bought out in 1959), cut down a number of trees. After being driven 534 miles to the wooden processing facility, the trees were broken down and carved into the shape of a table. Once they were sold to a distributer and warehoused for months, that table in question was sold to a retail store and shipped via truck to this location--the table was unpacked and set into the room over that that you now see before you.

2K11's advanced metrics in My Player are pretty awesome, my dude has a PER of 28 and leads the league in usage at something like 35%, my points per shot is terrible compared to other PER leaders though lulz.

The Stealth Fox

ryutaro's mama said:

MGS sentence: In the Fall of 1967, a lumber in the Applalacian Mountains by the name of Smith lumber (which was previously owned by Davis lumber until it was bought out in 1959), cut down a number of trees. After being driven 534 miles to the wooden processing facility, the trees were broken down and carved into the shape of a table. Once they were sold to a distributer and warehoused for months, that table in question was sold to a retail store and shipped via truck to this location--the table was unpacked and set into the room over that that you now see before you.

And it turns out that the table is related to the tree the warehouse owner climbed during his childhood.

SamuraiX-

Brendan Haywood 0-8 from the free throw line in this series.

Has it ever happened where a player doesn't make a single free throw in the Playoffs (assuming he shoots a decent amount of them)?

MidnightCowboy said:
How the fuck is that even a debate. Scar wins by a country mile. I recently saw Aladdin and it doesn't hold up. Lion King is an all time great however.

We've been over this.

Scar killed his own fucking brother and pent the body on his nephew.

That is some straight gangsta shit.

The Mavs just need to stop turning the ball over, I don't think the Blazers even with Matthews on fire have the the weapons to blow them out.

Bishman said:
Dirk needs to get going quick.

And btw MGS2 < MGS: Twin Snakes < MGS3 < MGS4

Fixed. The camera and story in MGS2 are terrible.

Pkaz01

MidnightCowboy said:
So true. I remember when he dropped 52 and I thought he was the next big thing. It's truly a shame.
that was on the suns wasn't it? I was so salty that day but he was so good that year.

ryutaro's mama said:

This reads like Bill Walton´s twitter.

Now we know where he got his word from.

Why do the announcers love JJ Barrea? The dude is barely watchable with all of his flopping.

Pkaz01 said:
the only people that want to see a MAvs vs Lakers match up in round 2 either live in Dallas or are laker fans.

I want to see Mavs/Lakers simply because Dirk has never played the Lakers in the playoffs before. I'd like to see how he performs, being a top 10 player of the decade and all.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Well, the refs are back. Horrendous calls in the second against Portland.

Dirk doesn't give a fuck.

Portland's defense has been abysmal the last 6 minutes.

Well, the refs are back. Horrendous calls in the second against Portland.

yeah, that's it. Blame that and not the Dirk drives uncontested for a dunk.

Farewell, Jason Williams Elbow Pass

SamuraiX- said:
But in all honestly, MGS1 = MGS2 = MGS3 = MGS4

I really can't hate any of them.

Agree.

The Stealth Fox said:
And it turns out that the table is related to the tree the warehouse owner climbed during his childhood.

Then you find out the "Raging Woodpecker" may or may not killed your father while you were a seedling.

exarkun

Portlandia's bench is trash. You know its not your night when Jason Fucking Terry is shooting and hitting threes with hands in his face.

I wanted this series to be close but the Mavs look dominant. damn

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
OFFENSIVE FOUL ON THAT? LOLOLOL

Edit: Wow they changed it. Thank fucking lord.

Pkaz01

LiveFromKyoto said:
I know it's early, but anybody else get the feeling that Portland shot their wad already?
opposite dallas is shooting 65% on FG and 60% on threes thats not going to last.

It seems like in the other games the porltand D was there but there offense was not this game is the opposite so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom