• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

Barrea is the biggest douche. He went to school with my bud. Apparently, he went through almost ALL of the Mavs cheerleaders. And the one that told us said it with pride. I have nooooooooo idea how that is possible. How can she be proud and why is he making so much sex?

Also, why can't roy get new ACL/MCLs? I thought you can either buy synthetic or get ones out of cadavers? Or is it just that he doesn't have any cartilage?

Damn, Roy actually looks good tonight. Post up and hitting 3s. Hope it's not all just adrenaline.

If only they can figure out how to defend as a team.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
exarkun said:
Barrea is the biggest douche. He went to school with my bud. Apparently, he went through almost ALL of the Mavs cheerleaders. And the one that told us said it with pride. I have nooooooooo idea how that is possible. How can she be proud and why is he making so much sex?

Also, why can't roy get new ACL/MCLs? I thought you can either buy synthetic or get ones out of cadavers? Or is it just that he doesn't have any cartilage?
His ACLs and MCLs are perfectly healthy. It's his lack of meniscus that's the issue. He can play, but it's causing bone-on-bone rubbing in his knees and that can create cartilage tears over time aka arthritic knees. He's just playing in pain when that happens.

Kobe has the same issue nowadays, fyi. It's why he has to get his knees drained occasionally.

MikeTyson

Banned
exarkun said:

he's dating zuleyka rivera.

Surprised Nate went to Roy early. Looking good! 4-5 shooting.

Pkaz01 said:
opposite dallas is shooting 65% on FG and 60% on threes thats not going to last.

It seems like in the other games the porltand D was there but there offense was not this game is the opposite so far.

Yeah, it's a crazy thing to say in the 2nd quarter of a non-Raptors game. I just kind of saw them storm out to an early lead, Dallas weather it and calmly take back control and wondered if that was it.

Tom Penny

If teams that have to face each other finish early in a sweep or whatever. Do they wait for the other rounds to finish for TV purposes or do they go right into that series?

reilo

Tom Penny said:
If teams that have to face each other finish early in a sweep or whatever. Do they wait for the other rounds to finish for TV purposes or do they go right into that series?
Sometimes they go early, but usually they wait.

exarkun

reilo said:
His ACLs and MCLs are perfectly healthy. It's his lack of meniscus that's the issue. He can play, but it's causing bone-on-bone rubbing in his knees and that can create cartilage tears over time aka arthritic knees. He's just playing in pain when that happens.

Kobe has the same issue nowadays, fyi. It's why he has to get his knees drained occasionally.

"Replacing the badly damaged or deficient meniscus with tissue from a human donor restores normal knee structure and helps protect the remaining joint surfaces. Meniscal transplantation is relatively uncommon, although it is gaining popularity. Meniscal transplantation was previously indicated for patients with mild arthritis who are younger than 50 years of age"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniscal_cartilage_replacement_therapy

So why doesn't he do that? Because it would take too long to heal?

reilo

exarkun said:
"Replacing the badly damaged or deficient meniscus with tissue from a human donor restores normal knee structure and helps protect the remaining joint surfaces. Meniscal transplantation is relatively uncommon, although it is gaining popularity. Meniscal transplantation was previously indicated for patients with mild arthritis who are younger than 50 years of age"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniscal_cartilage_replacement_therapy

So why doesn't he do that? Because it would take too long to heal?
They looked into it. It's an experimental procedure meant for older people or retired athletes to help them with day-to-day walking. Doctors don't believe the transplant would hold up for active athletes.

SamuraiX-

This defense is horrible from Portland.

Wow. Wtf happened?

Weren't they statistically the best defensive team in the league last season?

reilo

SamuraiX- said:

Wow. Wtf happened?

LOL hell no. Even this season they're a Top 13-15 defensive team at best.

exarkun

reilo said:
They looked into it. It's an experimental procedure meant for older people or retired athletes. Doctors don't believe the transplant would hold up.

That sucks. I actually think my gf's cousin had that done, but shes 25. Was in an accident etc. She's fine, and still runs everyday (but after 6-7 months). Obviously not basketball athlete type ish. I feel bad for him, but he looks good tonight.

Hope they pull out a win.

SamuraiX-

Pristine_Condition said:
Everybody in Dallas calls him Jet Terry. For years.

mK8XB.png

reilo said:
They looked into it. It's an experimental procedure meant for older people or retired athletes to help them with day-to-day walking. Doctors don't believe the transplant would hold up for active athletes.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a procedure you'd perform on an active nba player...doesn't seem stable...kind of like receiving an ACL from a cadaver and trying to come back hard, when the gold standard according to most surgeons is using your own patellar tendon.

reilo

LiveFromKyoto said:
L.A. Noire looks like some PS2 shit. Everybody with the manikin movements & sausage fingers.
I think the graphics engine looks terrible. Same Rockstar bullshit.

SamuraiX- said:

Wow. Wtf happened?

They were only a top defensive team last year when Oden was healthy.

And that's what happened.

I can't fuckin wait for LA Noire, but then again I've been marathoning Mad Men the last couple of weeks so maybe that's adding to the hype somehow. (btw if you haven't yet go fucking buy/rent Mad Men ASAP).

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
They were only a top defensive team last year when Oden was healthy.

And that's what happened.
Yep. Through 20 games they were really good and that's because Oden was dominating the boards and blocking shots like crazy. Joel was also healthy and playing amazing off the bench. It also helped that the schedule was weak as fuck. I think they played the Timberwolves three times in November and the Nets twice.

Ninja Scooter said:
I can't fuckin wait for LA Noire, but then again I've been marathoning Mad Men the last couple of weeks so maybe that's adding to the hype somehow. (btw if you haven't yet go fucking buy/rent Mad Men ASAP).

Everyone should listen to this man, despite his stupid-looking avatar.

reilo

@thechrispalmer: Blazers bench has the fewest rebounds and the second fewest points in the post season.
That pretty much explains Portland's woes. Portland needs more than just one bench player to step up. So far it's been Batum in the first two games, and Brandon Roy tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom