• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Shadow780 said:
1. Why is Hornets' jersey say NOLA?

2. Why did Pau needed a 3pter to get rid of his bitch mode?

New Orleans LouisianA

benjipwns

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Why did they changed their jersey, NewOrleans was fine.
How else are you going to get the same people to buy another jersey?
The M.O.B said:
Always hated how certain series were ahead of others. Chicago will be going for the sweep before OKC, SA, DEN, MEM even hit the floor for their Game 3. :/
Isn't that because the Bulls have to share with the Blackhawks? Other four aren't sharing with anyone.

Blackface

Banned
So the Raptors are debating about dumping BC, and if BC goes Triano is liekly going to go with him.

How funny would it be if Charles become the Raptors GM and Ewing or Miller the coach.

cluster fuck INC.

Blackface said:
So the Raptors are debating about dumping BC, and if BC goes Triano is liekly going to go with him.

How funny would it be if Charles become the Raptors GM and Ewing or Miller the coach.

cluster fuck INC.

It won't happen, they'll hire some high school gym teacher who'll work for 50k and 1/2 price on parking because "lower overhead makes the team more attractive to prospective buyers."

Cloudy

Banned
I was ready to have the Heat in the ECF but if Rondo is playing this way, a team like Miami will have a hard time against them. Bron or Wade must take the challenge and deny/play off Rondo ala Kobe

LiveFromKyoto said:
It won't happen, they'll hire some high school gym teacher who'll work for 50k and 1/2 price on parking because "lower overhead makes the team more attractive to prospective buyers."
I hope they hire a 60-year-old wrestling coach with a drinking problem who hates cigarette pansies. He'll show Bargs a thing or two.

Puddles

Banned
Cloudy said:
I was ready to have the Heat in the ECF but if Rondo is playing this way, a team like Miami will have a hard time against them. Bron or Wade must take the challenge and deny/play off Rondo ala Kobe

Hopefully OKC will get knocked out before the Conference Finals. Then Perkins can start his vacation early and head over to Boston, and then you'll really see Rondo dominate.

Chris Sheridan just wrote an absolutely terrible article. He said it's okay for the Knicks to get dominated by the Celtics because the Heat did last year and now the Heat are good. He seems to think that the Knicks are going to get like 3 more max players with no cap space or trade assets and no CBA and no good free agents for 2011.

I don't understand people saying the Heat are gonna get stomped by the Celtics. Rondo can't play like that all the time. If anything this is probably the only series that is more or less guaranteed to go to game 7.

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/4/22/2126581/derrick-rose-bulls-free-throws-nba-playoffs-2011

In three games, Rose already has more free throw attempts than he did over 12 previous career playoff games. (Those games include quite a bit of overtime, too.) Rose has been to the line 49 times already, with some 16 attempts per game. He's averaging 32.7 points per game in this series. Here's a breakdown of where those are coming from.

DerrickRose-chart.jpg

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Cloudy said:
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/4/22/2126581/derrick-rose-bulls-free-throws-nba-playoffs-2011

In three games, Rose already has more free throw attempts than he did over 12 previous career playoff games. (Those games include quite a bit of overtime, too.) Rose has been to the line 49 times already, with some 16 attempts per game. He's averaging 32.7 points per game in this series. Here's a breakdown of where those are coming from.

Nice. After 2.75 years of not getting any calls, it finally caught up. Now I know how Thunder fans feel.

Cloudy

Banned
CherryWoodFuton said:
I don't understand people saying the Heat are gonna get stomped by the Celtics. Rondo can't play like that all the time. If anything this is probably the only series that is more or less guaranteed to go to game 7.

He averaged 14+ assists in the first 3 games vs. Miami. His assist numbers aren't bogus like some other guys. If Rondo is getting assists, he is usually causing havoc in transition and getting the big 3 easy looks.

Cloudy said:

DerrickRose-chart.jpg

Have you watched the games? The Pacers strategy has been to foul, elbow and smash Rose every time he has the ball. It's a good strategy as it has thrown off the Bulls offense and kept the Pacers in it, but how can you not expect him shoot a ton of free throws when he's continually getting mobbed?

Cloudy

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Chris Sheridan just wrote an absolutely terrible article. He said it's okay for the Knicks to get dominated by the Celtics because the Heat did last year and now the Heat are good. He seems to think that the Knicks are going to get like 3 more max players with no cap space or trade assets and no CBA and no good free agents for 2011.

They haven't been dominated if you look at all 3 games. That said, if they lay down like this in gm 4, D'Antoni has to go. You can't gut your team and still get swept out in disgrace on your home floor

Cloudy

Banned
reggieandTFE said:
Have you watched the games? The Pacers strategy has been to foul, elbow and smash Rose every time he has the ball. It's a good strategy as it has thrown off the Bulls offense and kept the Pacers in it, but how can you not expect him shoot a ton of free throws when he's continually getting mobbed?

Bullshit. Guy is just driving the lane and getting the call if they breathe on him. I hate to see non-shooters bailed out this way.

Pacers know he can't shoot so they stack the lane. Rose knows he can't shoot so he drives and initiates contact and gets the call EVERY time. It is ridiculous to me that a guard can average 16fts in 3 games while shooting 37%. WTF, even Bulls fans have to admit this is some shady shit lol

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
reggieandTFE said:

I wouldn't say it's so much a strategy as that's just cause and effect when you hurl your body into a fully loaded box looking for fouls. Him and Westbrook....all day with this shit. It makes for boring ass basketball to me. I wonder how others feel, because if enough people start to hate it...you'll start seeing less fouls.

Cloudy

Banned
ph33nix said:
why are you guys even arguing with konex over this

everybody gets calls but kobe

Melo doesn't get calls either lol. Look, this is not a Kobe thing. I am just tired of seeing good players guys turned into "superstars" by fts I'm still dreading the OKC series if LA can get that far :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Cloudy said:
Melo doesn't get calls either lol. Look, this is not a Kobe thing. I am just tired of seeing good players guys turned into "superstars" by fts I'm still dreading the OKC series if LA can get that far :(
Melo averages 8FTA for his career. wtfisthisshit.

Cloudy said:
He averaged 14+ assists in the first 3 games vs. Miami. His assist numbers aren't bogus like some other guys. If Rondo is getting assists, he is usually causing havoc in transition and getting the big 3 easy looks.
No question Rondo will burn us in transition (I mean we got Mike fuckin Bibby to guard him), but some godly play from Wade and/or Lebron can give us a chance to get at least 3 wins. Plus Boston is known to have a lot of game 7s, for God's sake Atlanta took them to 7 games in 08

Cloudy

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Melo and Kobe are both similar in that they have midrange games and don't (or in Kobe's case, can't) really bulldoze to the basket like other players.

In other words, they are REAL basketball players not just NBA players!

Cloudy said:
In other words, they are REAL basketball players not just NBA players!

Melo will be the one laughing when he's 33 and still a very effective basketball player (again, like Kobe) while Bron, Rose and Whistlebrook are straight TMac status.

Cloudy

Banned
LeBron will be a PF when he's older and he'll still be good. But yeah, Wade will drop off fast when his athleticism advantage starts to reduce. I think Rose and Westbrook are still young enough where they can develop reliable jumpshots. Then again, with the calls they get, what's the motivation?

The Stealth Fox

I wish I had the balls to be like Konex and become fans of the best players in the game.

BTW guys, I am a fan of the Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, and Magic.

My favorite players are:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. LeBron James
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Kevin Durant
5. The next person that wins at least one scoring title

Oh yeah, and he has to be hated.

Cloudy

Banned
I wish I had the balls to be like Konex and become fans of the best players in the game.

Actually these are my favorite players:

Kobe
Deron
Melo
Monta
Rondo

I know I'm not supposed to like Celtics as a Lakers fan but I just like Rondo's hustle and effort. And I respect the fact that he can't shoot but doesn't launch himself into the paint for fts (probably cos he's not great at those either lol)

CherryWoodFuton said:
No question Rondo will burn us in transition (I mean we got Mike fuckin Bibby to guard him), but some godly play from Wade and/or Lebron can give us a chance to get at least 3 wins. Plus Boston is known to have a lot of game 7s, for God's sake Atlanta took them to 7 games in 08
As a Celtics fan, I still see the C's as an underdog to Miami. No home court, no remotely healthy Shaq, Lebron/Wade combo terror, etc. Sure Rondo when he's on his game will destroy them, but overall the Heat are playing great and actually play defense. I don't know who is saying the C's will roll over the Heat, but I don't see that at all.

Cloudy

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
It's okay, konex. LovingSteam likes that chump Bill Russell, who is winningest winner ever to win everything.

BTW your team has one of the premier examples of a good player who's a star cos of fts. Martin is even worse because unlike the bullrushers, he doesn't even take the punishment at the rim. He gets his bullshit calls on perimeter flops and the swing-move crap lol

SamuraiX-

reggieandTFE said:

Aside from a couple of hard fouls on Rose and Deng from Foster in Game 3, the Pacers have barely touched the guy on half of his free throw attempts.

But since hard Playoff fouls are apparently considered flagrants if you touch Rose, it's kinda hard to be physical with him.

Bread

Banned
GitarooMan said:
As a Celtics fan, I still see the C's as an underdog to Miami. No home court, no remotely healthy Shaq, Lebron/Wade combo terror, etc. Sure Rondo when he's on his game will destroy them, but overall the Heat are playing great and actually play defense. I don't know who is saying the C's will roll over the Heat, but I don't see that at all.
Well the Celtics don't have homecourt, but the Heat definitely don't have it either.

Omiee

GitarooMan said:

If shaq can be healthy and at least play some minutes, they might have a chanse.
Rondo playing like he has been the past few games would help as well. They just need to shut one of the guys down, either wade or lebron to win games.
Also HCA is not a big issue when facing miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom