• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Esiquio said:
I think the OP doesn't like the Lakers?

Kobe isn't happy.

reilo said:
So a homophobe, a rapist, and a black guy walk into a bar, and everyone's like "Can I have your autograph, Kobe?"

330se1e.gif

I think he has a problem.

numble

SoulPlaya said:
Luke Walton hangs out with RJ? Is he . . . . . . you know?
They were roommates in college. They are also roommates in the offseason, and they run a age 7-17 summer basketball camp together.

He's also mentioned by Bill Walton in his letter to Luke:
I can remember so vividly your first night in the NBA, when you were drafted by the Lakers with the 32nd pick and to become a member of that truly special Laker franchise. The glorious celebration that night at our family home -- with Richard Jefferson, David Abramowitz and John Roberts plus all of your other brothers -- remains one of the most special, inspirational and proudest nights of my life.
http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/06/16/bill.walton.letter/index.html

Derwind

LEAST

Bulls versus Pacers Bulls in 5
Heat versus Sixers Heat in 4
Celtics versus Knicks Celtics in 5
Magic versus Hawks Magic in 7

WEST

Spurs versus Grizzlies Spurs in 5
Lakers versus Hornets Lakers in 5
Mavericks versus Blazers Blazers in 7
Thunder versus Nuggets Thunder in 6

The Crimson Blur said:
Manu left the arena in a sling. Can't move arm. Brother tweeted that hes in "a lot of pain"

:/ Even in the middle of this season, I just wanted us to be healthy for the playoffs. To give Duncan one last shot at winning the title. If we were healthy and lost, well it happens. But to have so many injuries late in the season, and freak injuries too, is just shitty :/

I hope George Hill plays like he did towards the end of the season. If he can keep that up, we should get past the Grizzlies with no problems, but we need Manu to get past the second round.

It would be nice if Bonner doesn't shit up the playoffs like usual, but I'm not counting on it. I hope Pop gives Splitter some time in the playoffs too.

laker-age, transform your avatar.
let us unite into a single banner of providence and destiny..
because in two months, kobe will equal michael jordan.

Branduil

viakado said:
laker-age, transform your avatar.
let us unite into a single banner of providence and destiny..
because in two months, kobe will equal michael jordan.
How is Kobe going to win 4 titles as an alpha dog in 2 months? Not that I'd rule out Stern doing that.

obijkenobi said:
:/ Even in the middle of this season, I just wanted us to be healthy for the playoffs. To give Duncan one last shot at winning the title. If we were healthy and lost, well it happens. But to have so many injuries late in the season, and freak injuries too, is just shitty :/

Yup. 4 years in a row now. This one stings the worst. We were the best team all season and then this happens.

obijkenobi said:
I hope George Hill plays like he did towards the end of the season. If he can keep that up, we should get past the Grizzlies with no problems, but we need Manu to get past the second round.

I mean, he'll be back. Hes Manu Ginobili. He'll play with a sling if he has to. But he'll be gimpy and we will lose because of it. Like 2008. Like 2010. We've seen it happen before.

I know we don;t matter but you could atleats get the PGOTF's name right..it's Jrue Holiday.

Jodie Meeks is our starting shooting guard....well fuck now I;m depressed.

Pkaz01

I really do hope the Spurs make the finals this year they have had such a good season...
and then lose to the bulls in 7

Branduil said:
How is Kobe going to win 4 titles as an alpha dog in 2 months? Not that I'd rule out Stern doing that.
if the mavs lose in the first round, will anyone notice if your on your period or not?
gaf will never know.

Manu tweeted this about 40 minutes ago:

“Playoffs r almost here. No time 4 grievance. Tmrw MRI & we’ll see. We had a great season & the best is coming. Updates tmrw

Spurs: micromanage minutes all season, get hit by a fluke season ending injury at the last minute
Lakers: run starters into the ground to the point of exhaustion (for 4 years straight), magically stay healthy all year and into the playoffs.

fucking Helmeppo

giri

Ninja Scooter said:
Imagine how much of a meltdown Laker haters will have if the Mavs, Grizz and Nuggs all advance along with LA?
I don't think anyone really wants to see the griz in the play offs. They're one team that could couse more than just a 1st round upset.

numble

The Crimson Blur said:
Spurs: micromanage minutes all season, get hit by a fluke season ending injury at the last minute
Lakers: run starters into the ground to the point of exhaustion for 4 years straight, magically stay healthy all year and into the playoffs.

fucking Helmeppo
Bynum and Barnes are injured and Blake has the chicken pox; Kobe, Bynum, and Artest are susceptible to chicken pox. If you saw the Kings game you see that the Lakers had no bench--Fisher played 40 minutes on a B2B. Fisher played 40 minutes!

Duki

Banned
lol hyperextension dont get your panties in a bunch man

he'll sit for like two three weeks tops

and you know a dude like manud play through pain anyway its his job

threenote

Banned
The Crimson Blur said:
Lakers: run starters into the ground to the point of exhaustion (for 4 years straight), magically stay healthy all year and into the playoffs.

fucking Helmeppo
manu will be fine.

numble said:
Bynum and Barnes are injured and Blake has the chicken pox; Kobe, Bynum, and Artest are susceptible to chicken pox. If you saw the Kings game you see that the Lakers had no bench--Fisher played 40 minutes. Fisher played 40 minutes!

Yeah and Vujacic was injured last year too.

numble said:
Bynum and Barnes are injured and Blake has the chicken pox; Kobe, Bynum, and Artest are susceptible to chicken pox. If you saw the Kings game you see that the Lakers had no bench--Fisher played 40 minutes on a B2B. Fisher played 40 minutes!

Until Blake comes back, that is the one chink in the Laker's armor. 40 minutes for Fisher a game would be brutal for the Lakers. Chris Paul will have to play out of his mind to get that series to go to 5 or 6 games though.

exarkun

Is Manu really hurt? If so, and I don't usually do this, lol. Who does that to themselves. Pop sits you for like three games and then you play 5 mins and get hurt? So stupid. The argument can be made if not now, this would have happened. So better now I guess.

If he is hurt, then its worse than Bynum knee since at least that dude has a specific part of him thats made of glass. Manu on the other hand, is just a flopping douche that apparently can hurt himself in every which way.

giri

giri said:
I don't think anyone really wants to see the griz in the play offs. They're one team that could couse more than just a 1st round upset.
On this, if the grizz beat the spurs, they go up against OKC / Denver. They won the season series against OKC, and lost to denver.

It's not unfeasible for them to make the WCF.

I wonder how many minutes Pop is going to give to our starters. Obviously Duncan will play more than 28 minutes a game in the playoffs. Hopefully that minimizes the Blair/Bonner front court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom