• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duki

Banned
exarkun said:
Is Manu really hurt? If so, and I don't usually do this, lol. Who does that to themselves. Pop sits you for like three games and then you play 5 mins and get hurt? So stupid. The argument can be made if not now, this would have happened. So better now I guess.

If he is hurt, then its worse than Bynum knee since at least that dude has a specific part of him thats made of glass. Manu on the other hand, is just a flopping douche that apparently can hurt himself in every which way.
tbf not really, it wasnt a susceptibility injury

hill literally landed on his elbow and bent it back the wrong way lol

giri

obijkenobi said:
I wonder how many minutes Pop is going to give to our starters. Obviously Duncan will play more than 28 minutes a game in the playoffs. Hopefully that minimizes the Blair/Bonner front court.
35 - 40mpg

Unless it's a blow out that is.

Branduil

giri said:
On this, if the grizz beat the spurs, they go up against OKC / Denver. They won the season series against OKC, and lost to denver.

It's not unfeasible for them to make the WCF.
So you're saying the Lakers will play the 7th seed without their second-best player, the 6th-seed with the shell of their best player, and the 8th seed without their best player.

dream

Mike and Tommy wouldn't cry on the air.

That said, the Maloofs are
kobe-o.gif

Duki

Banned
The Crimson Blur said:
You know the playoffs are this weekend right?
if you cant beat the grizz in 7 games minus manu you werent winning the championship anyway bro

people overrating the grizz hard imo

The Crimson Blur said:
Spurs: micromanage minutes all season, get hit by a fluke season ending injury at the last minute
Lakers: run starters into the ground to the point of exhaustion (for 4 years straight), magically stay healthy all year and into the playoffs.

fucking Helmeppo

???

Kobe's played the fewest minutes as a starter, I believe ever for him. Fisher down too as had been Ron until Barnes got hurt, but still less. Only Pau played a lot because of Drew's injury.

exarkun

Duki said:
tbf not really, it wasnt a susceptibility injury

hill literally landed on his elbow and bent it back the wrong way lol

Damn, that sucks. But still, Manu has a small penis. I still support the Spurs though so dont get the panties in a twist TCB. I like that the Spurs are one of the few teams with a bench, thats really under appreciated by alot of people.

Dallas
dallas_TX.jpg

vs.

Portland
Portland.jpg

Honkys
white-trash-2.jpg

vs.

Hippies
dirtydancinghippie.png

A battle of billionaire owners:

The man, the myth, the dancing cube
mark-cuban-is-fun.jpg

vs.

Lymphoma's worst nightmare
paulallen.jpg

A locker room full of bad knees, an eastern conference allstar turned schwarzenegger hunting predator, a #1 pick in a tailored suit, a #2 pick who decided to stop being such a fucking cigarette and dominate the league, an awkward 7'0 german, a wife beating point guard, and jason terry...

And, finally, one identity for every mavs loss
dirk-nowitzki-cristal-taylors.jpg

portland in 6. sorry dirk.

Duki said:
if you cant beat the grizz in 7 games minus manu you werent winning the championship anyway bro

Why? The Grizz are a good team and not having Manu changes our team entirely.

Pkaz01 said:
So what? I hear that last year Lebron James played with a hurt elbow if he can do it so can manu

OK, that was pretty funny lol

exarkun said:
Damn, that sucks. But still, Manu has a small penis. I still support the Spurs though so dont get the panties in a twist TCB. I like that the Spurs are one of the few teams with a bench, thats really under appreciated by alot of people.

<3

Gotta get involved in this thread now so butt-hurt Celtics fans can't call me out later for jumping in late.

Although for them it's more like knee-hurt, back-hurt, elbow-hurt...

Yeah, it's on.

Branduil

CaptYamato said:
Does anyone else want Bulls Vs Lakers to go down?
You know I love it when two teams that already have a million titles get a chance at another one. It's always important for the rich to get richer.

CartridgeBlower said:
Gotta get involved in this thread now so butt-hurt Celtics fans can't call me out later for jumping in late.

Although for them it's more like knee-hurt, back-hurt, elbow-hurt...

Yeah, it's on.

Just do what I did at the beginning of the season. Posted "I'll be back once in awhile and during the play-offs." I have done exactly that.

Branduil said:
You know I love it when two teams that already have a million titles get a chance at another one. It's always important for the rich to get richer.

Well the last time two teams who never won jack shit before got together, the NBA had to step in and determine a winner because they were both so terrible at it, so they changed policy.

Branduil

Black Mamba said:
Well the last time two teams who never won jack shit before got together, the NBA had to step in and determine a winner because they were both so terrible at it, so they changed policy.
The Mavs were doing fine before Sternball happened.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
LEAST

Bulls in 4
Sixers in 7
Celtics in 5
Magic in 5

WEST

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 4
Mavs in 7
Thunder in 6

RJNavarrete said:
Hmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flv5pxlgcec

Oh, it's just Kg being "tough" -___-
You know just as well as I do that this whole thing is manufactured for attention whoring because Kobe's a superstar and plays in a large market.

No one would give a fuck otherwise. Which makes it even funnier when people spout off about "karma" like worst shit isn't said every day on a basketball court.
etiolate said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M06-ZfDT5JE

Should have gotten the Deftones
Well... thanks for ruining an otherwise perfectly happy evening.

Now I just feel like I ran over someones family dog. I always liked those guys too, they were amongst the few tolerable home announcers in the league. =/

Seriously, thanks man. Nice.

dIEHARD said:
Playoffs sweet.. so what day the Jazz sta... wait what?

You wanna hitch a ride on the Spurs bandwagon? exarkun, samuraix, etoliote, all you guys out of the playoffs...you can come on too.

Best part is you won't even have to be on long! A series or two and your temporary fandom is complete.

Duki

Banned
The Crimson Blur said:
Why? The Grizz are a good team and not having Manu changes our team entirely.

cos theyre a good team in the same way the atlanta hawks are technically a good team

smurfx

get some go again
Branduil said:
The Mavs were doing fine before Sternball happened.
you know if the lakers aren't winning it this year i honestly want the mavs to win. although reality says that if the mavs somehow make it the finals the heat do as well and we all know how that match up will end up. probably worst than the first time because the nba isn't going to let the dirty mav players breath on his majesty without calling a foul and the same goes for wade.

I really feel bad for Kings fans. I don't know how devastated I'd be if the Spurs bailed on San Antonio. I can't see that happening because we have awesome management that cares about the team and the city. I was really pulling for the Kings tonight.

Branduil

smurfx said:
you know if the lakers aren't winning it this year i honestly want the mavs to win. although reality says that if the mavs somehow make it the finals the heat do as well and we all know how that match up will end up. probably worst than the first time because the nba isn't going to let the dirty mav players breath on his majesty without calling a foul and the same goes for wade.
Mavs would be lucky to make the second round. You can't win without a second star, especially when you'll never get the favor of the refs.

Resilient

God damn Lakers really killed the Kings. Video is some sad shit.

IT BEGINS!

Bulls in 4
Heat in 5
Knicks in 7
Magic in 5

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 4
Mavs in 7
Thunder in 6

Thread will soon be filled with 'R U A WIZARD?'

Pkaz01

bluebird said:
God damn Lakers really killed the Kings. Video is some sad shit.

IT BEGINS!

Bulls in 4
Heat in 5
Knicks in 7
Magic in 5

Spurs in 6
Lakers in 4
Mavs in 7
Thunder in 6

Thread will soon be filled with 'R U A WIZARD?'
I highly doubt it with picks like that one.

numble

Long Beach Hornets in 2012

Pkaz01 said:
I'd go with detroit or the clippers
Clippers will never leave unless they're bought, and you'll have to make an offer that Sterling can't refuse. They make a lot of money in LA.

LEAST

Bulls in 5
Heat in 5
Celtics in 6
Magic in 4

WEST

Spurs in 6 (lol)
Lakers series called off at halftime of G2
Mavs in 6
OKC in 7

Not confident at all about the Mavs. OKC is iffy.
Spurs aren't--Manu will be fine, even if it does take a shot of Tylenol-3.

ATL should just book their vacation tickets now.

Mavs would be lucky to make the second round. You can't win without a second star, especially when you'll never get the favor of the refs

You have Jason Terry

lol

smurfx

get some go again
obijkenobi said:
So Seattle, Sacramento...do you guys think New Orleans is next?
they should move the hornets to san francisco so california can have another nba team. then move the pistons to san diego for shits and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom