• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choice ESPN comment placed on Bulls/Pacers series front page said:
Pacers don't have a closer. They are good enough to stay in games just not good enough to win 'em.

Luckily for Indiana, they have enough pieces (and they're young enough) to either hope that Hibbert/Collison/Psycho T/George pan out, or they can trade a couple guys for a legit superstar.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Uhh, Dirk.

Most of Dirk's post ups result in fade away jumpers. When their shots aren't falling Dirk's really the only guy on the team who can force the issue inside and get to the line.

giga said:
1ndvk

I didn't say he should have taken it, but it didn't look as bad as some of Rose's shots.

Cloudy said:
Too many suspect calls all seemed to favor the Bulls in such a short span after they were getting dominated.

You must have missed the rest of the game but nice selective complaining, it's the status quo here.

Dunleavy with 6 freethrows when he deserved 0, etc..., etc...

This game wasn't officiated in favor of the Bulls at all but they only have themselves to blame for picking spots where they decide to actually defend.

Bulls need to get a fucking lead, 7 point lead at home to start the game and they should be fine.

Gigglepoo

Black Mamba said:
This one felt different.

The Pacers actually won this time.

J2 Cool said:
Again dude, what goggles? He was limping through most of the 4th. Are you kidding me?

And LeBron was rubbing his elbow. Players are banged up this time of year. Collison was knocked out of Game 2 and hasn't used his ankle as an excuse the last two games. Rose missed two minutes; he's fine.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Luckily for Indiana, they have enough pieces (and they're young enough) to either hope that Hibbert/Collison/Psycho T/George pan out, or they can trade a couple guys for a legit superstar.

Most of Dirk's post ups result in fade away jumpers. When their shots aren't falling Dirk's really the only guy on the team who can force the issue inside and get to the line.

I thought Hansbrough would be their key guy this series but I must have overrated him, he's been completely lost since game 1.

Darkman M

Cloudy said:
Too many suspect calls all seemed to favor the Bulls in such a short span after they were getting dominated. Chicago is gonna get curbstomped by Miami or Boston cos those organizations will not stay quiet and take some bullshit like Indy's doing lol
Well Boston and Miami are better teams.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:
both these teams are jumpshooting teams. LMA still takes 2/3 of his shots as jumpshots.
He takes more shots at rim than Pau, but the difference is that Portland has to the basket slashers whereas Dallas does not. The 48-16 points in the paint advantage in game 1 was no coincidence.

thekad said:
Let's be honest. Bulls probably win if Rose sat out this game.

Probably. If he hit that layup late in the game and made the couple FTs he missed I would have disagreed.

Even Boozer's 3 looked better than most of Rose's 3s.

J2 Cool

Gigglepoo said:
And LeBron was rubbing his elbow. Players are banged up this time of year. Collison was knocked out of Game 2 and hasn't used his ankle as an excuse the last two games. Rose missed two minutes; he's fine.

Because Collison sat out the rest of the game, and had days to heal! Rose only missed two minutes because he refused to take off his shoe, and went back out on the court. I don't see how you don't notice the limping or think it was put on. He drove the least amount in the series this game for a reason.

Deng needs to go to the rack more often, they can't stop his strength on the dribble.

He may miss some but they had no answer for that and he wasn't hitting hardly anything from the outside.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I didn't realize that Fadeaway jumpers now don't count as postups when you shoot them from the paint off of a postup.
You know exactly what I meant. Don't play aloof.

Edit: Chandler was wide open in the paint just now and he passes it out and causes a turnover.

Gigglepoo

J2 Cool said:
Because Collison sat out the rest of the game, and had days to heal! Rose only missed two minutes because he refused to take off his shoe, and went back out on the court. I don't see how you don't notice the limping or think it was put on. He drove the least amount in the series this game for a reason.

I'm sorry Rose wasn't 100%.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
LOL @ Chandler, got his back under the rim, turn, maybe 2 feet layup, passes it up, Turnover

Edit: Damn! your Edit reilo lol

Ickman3400 said:
Probably.

Probably not, Cj Watson can't lead this team to a victory, he's just good for spelling Rose and playing well against the other team's second unit.

He does a great job at that but I don't know if you can win the game with Cj Watson running the show.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
reilo said:
They're the prototypical jumpshooting team. Name a single player of theirs that can post up within five feet.
That's true. But, man, their offense is basically a high screen every time and it's brutal.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I would love living in a world where Boozer made that three. It would make me feel like anything is possible.

EDIT: Me and J2Cool just posted the same thing, lol.

diehard

Fleer
Tom Penny said:
You haven't had a chance to pick on Rondo so your switching gears to Rose. C'mon mane.
I only pick on those who are overrated. I think most people know what Rondo can and can't do now. Some still have delusions about how good he is but most people don't.

snack

SoulPlaya said:
I would love living in a world where Boozer made that three. It would make me feel like anything is possible.
Shaq swishing a three would make me feel like anything is possible.

dIEHARD said:
I only pick on those who are overrated. I think most people know what Rondo can and can't do now. Some still have delusions about how good he is but most people don't.

DRose is underrated still, it's beyond me how they underestimate him. It's probably because he's short.

J2 Cool said:
I want to live in an alternate reality where that went in. Just for Boozer's celebration.

I went from :O with my hands on my head when he shot it to "shit this might actually go in" in about .3 seconds. I don't even think I'd know how to react if it did.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I Push Fat Kids said:
Nope! Thank you!

On a 3-5 second delay, just a heads up for that stream

Game feels like a college basketball game, so many turnovers and jumpers everywhere

charsace

The bulls need to get a pg and move Rose to the two. At the 2 he would easily be a top 5 player. Maybe even the best. Could you imagine a good pg feeding him on the move? Just fucking nasty.

snack

charsace said:
The bulls need to get a pg and move Rose to the two. At the 2 he would easily be a top 5 player. Maybe even the best. Could you imagine a good pg feeding him on the move? Just fucking nasty.
Steve Nash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom