• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Good games, fun meltdown, enjoyed being with GAF NBA-Age, see you guys tomorrow for all the other game

<3

Let's see if Heat at least can have the front rows filled out by the 3rd quarter, here's hoping

dream

I never thought of it like this but a friend of mine pointed out the Pacers would have swept the Bulls if the refs hadn't given Rose 40 FTs a game.

KingGondo

Banned
Godslay said:
They had a ton of chances. It's the one thing I miss about Melo is that he had the ability to put the team on his back. I thought one of these guys would provide that leadership, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen.

I'm not the type of person that gives up easily, but I think this game is pretty much the back breaker. I'd love to be proven wrong, but the piss poor FT shooting, the attitude of some of the Nuggets players, and some questionable decisions by Karl leave me without much reason to believe that they will be able to come back. I guess I should have been happy that they even made the playoffs considering the circumstances. At least the Mavericks have been to the Finals :(
Good show man, hope you stick around after the series and keep Nuggets-age active.

snack said:
Damn, the West looks weak.

How so? Chicago could have easily lost the first 2 games vs Indiana. Boston could've EASILY lost the first 2 vs the Knicks. Orlando a 4 seed is down 2-1 vs the Hawks. Miami is the only one who is doing pretty good. The East has nothing to be proud of.

LovingSteam said:
How so? Chicago could have easily lost the first 2 games vs Indiana. Boston could've EASILY lost the first 2 vs the Knicks. Orlando a 4 seed is down 2-1 vs the Hawks. Miami is the only one who is doing pretty good. The East has nothing to be proud of.

Even Miami got lucky. Had Wade's kick out been called properly, Philly might have taken that game.

I'm just glad most of the games have been competitive. Usually 3-4 games into a series we have at least 6+ blowouts.

John Hollinger
Story coming soon, but quick note: I've now been to 12 denver playoff games in last 5 yrs. They're 1-11.

Godslay

Banned
KingGondo said:
Good show man, hope you stick around after the series and keep Nuggets-age active.

I've been posting here on and off pretty much all year. I'll be around. Getting knocked out of the playoffs is nothing new here.

TylerD

We did it! Terrible execution down the stretch but that is nothing that FThunder fans are unfamiliar with.

One more to go!

BTW, anyone see that weak ass shit by Nene on Westbrook at the end?

Black Mamba said:
Even Miami got lucky. Had Wade's kick out been called properly, Philly might have taken that game.

I'm just glad most of the games have been competitive. Usually 3-4 games into a series we have at least 6+ blowouts.

Yep. Its been an awesome first round. The best first round that I can remember. Assuming things go as they should, the second round looks to be great.

Boston vs Miami
Chicago vs Atl/Orlando (Eh)

LA vs Portland (lol Brandi)
Memphis vs Ok (lol Crim)

Portland has something that very few teams have in the playoffs: HEART. Do I see them winning the championship? No. But there is not one opposing team whose fan-base should be looking forward to playing the Blazers. Give me the Mavericks any day of the week.

dream

Right on, LovingSteam. Nobody can ever count out Portland again.

At this point, I expect to see them down by 40 and Wallace will start shooting 3s like he's Ray Allen. Those guys just want to win.

snack

I was expecting more blowouts in the first round. It's been pretty even so far, great entertainment nonetheless.

I always viewed the East as the weaker of the two conferences, but now I don't think I can say the same anymore.

LovingSteam said:
Portland has something that very few teams have in the playoffs: HEART. Do I see them winning the championship? No. But there is not one opposing team whose fan-base should be looking forward to playing the Blazers. Give me the Mavericks any day of the week.

The Jazz's heart really helped them out in the last three series' against the Lakers.

LovingSteam said:
Yep. Its been an awesome first round. The best first round that I can remember. Assuming things go as they should, the second round looks to be great.

Boston vs Miami
Chicago vs Atl/Orlando (Eh)

LA vs Portland (lol Brandi)
Memphis vs Ok (lol Crim)

I'd like Lakeshow to play Mavs to finally beat them in this era. Especially after Cuban's comments on Ron-Ron each of the past 2 seasons.

I think Portland's offense is suspect and that LAL would handle them pretty easily. Ron and Phil won't let Roy do what he did. If Dallas' defense is giving Portland problems, LA's will hurt em more. And of course Lakers don't have Terry.

I think today said more about the mental capacity of Dallas than anything else. Dallas looked better even after game 3 and took control til the 4th. To lose that game is pathetic.

Miami vs Boston, if Boston can get it together, should be fun. I think Chicago/Orlando could be good too, but not Atl.

Memphis/OKC would be very interesting. OKC, imo, beats Spurs.

dream

snack said:
I always viewed the East as the weaker of the two conferences, but now I don't think I can say the same anymore.

It's called the Beastern Conference for a reason!

Miami and Boston is going to be a classic. It could go 7 depending on which game Lebron quits in.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Jazz's heart really helped them out in the last three series' against the Lakers.

Jazz had heart? When?

Black Mamba said:
I'd like Lakeshow to play Mavs to finally beat them in this era. Especially after Cuban's comments on Ron-Ron each of the past 2 seasons.

I think Portland's offense is suspect and that LAL would handle them pretty easily. Ron and Phil won't let Roy do what he did. If Dallas' defense is giving Portland problems, LA's will hurt em more. And of course Lakers don't have Terry.

I think today said more about the mental capacity of Dallas than anything else. Dallas looked better even after game 3 and took control til the 4th. To lose that game is pathetic.

Miami vs Boston, if Boston can get it together, should be fun. I think Chicago/Orlando could be good too, but not Atl.

Obviously the Blazers don't have a Hakeem type of player BUT for all intents and purposes the Suns should've beat the Rockets in 1994 and were up 2-0 but lost. The same goes with the Lakers or Mavericks. Rudy's 'A heart of a champion' should apply to the Blazers.
Lakers have shown throughout the last few years that they can get awfully sloppy and the Blazers are not a team to get sloppy with.

I honestly thought the Spurs were better than they're showing themselves to be. If Memphis is playing them competitively and even successfully then yea, I have OKC handling them without much fight.

Miami and Boston should be good BUT Boston's lack of big men really hurts them IMO. Jermaine is doing better than expected but Boston REALLY could use Shaq out there even if its just him standing straight up and putting the fear of God into dino Bosh. Miami isn't that deep either so who knows.

All in all this has been great so far.

Black Mamba said:

I don't think portland would win the series, but you can't be serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzUgZGge74

Anyway, cousin would eat pau for breakfast, but we have no answer for bynum/odom.

dIEHARD said:
Nope, teams missing 2 starters beat more talented teams on the road all the time. In game 7's too. Stupid second round picks with no heart!

Wesley Matthews
Ronnie Brewer
Ronnie Price
Memo Okur
Paul Millsap
Kyle Korver
Jerry Sloan

Look at that total lack of heart and desire to win.

dIEHARD said:
Nope, teams missing 2 starters beat more talented teams on the road all the time. In game 7's too. Stupid second round picks with no heart!

Well we see how significant Boozer has been in this playoffs (lol) and Deron is no Rondo so as I said, the Jazz had heart? When?

LovingSteam said:
Well we see how significant Boozer has been in this playoffs (lol) and Deron is no Rondo so as I said, the Jazz had heart? When?

Jazz's starting center only played with a major Achilles injury that cost him his career last playoffs, very cancerous to his team and league.

dIEHARD said:

Heart was never the problem.

6vMKa.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
Black Mamba said:
I'm just glad that series looks like it will go at least 6.

We need to get this last win and rest up.

Hopefully we'll match up better with either team since the trade. We haven't played either of them when we weren't starting Green at PF.

Resilient

God damn finally caught up in this thread.

Branduil you are the worst type of fan. Hoping the NBA ceases to exist? Wishing players dead in a plane crash? Relax a little man. Why do you even follow the Mavs? I know it's hard seeing them lose like this mentally but with fans like you you can't blame them. You need to cool off or (lol) quit the NBA.

bluebird said:
God damn finally caught up in this thread.

Branduil you are the worst type of fan. Hoping the NBA ceases to exist? Wishing players dead in a plane crash? Relax a little man. Why do you even follow the Mavs? I know it's hard seeing them lose like this mentally but with fans like you you can't blame them. You need to cool off or (lol) quit the NBA.
You just can't appreciate Brandi. We all love him.

LovingSteam said:
Why not join Brandi and become a fan of the purple and gold? We have an honorary flag for you.

1249214-what_the_fuck_am_i_reading_super_6298.png

I have no interest in killing my team or wishing to jump ship to a different fanbase, I'm replying to your inane self-loathing about how the Lakers are going to get killed by a team with heart by pointing out that the team the Lakers dominated the most in this run was made of players with chips on their shoulders as large as Everest as absolutely no one thought any of them should make the NBA who played ridiculously hard for one of the toughest coaches of all time. You're now saying that a 17-7 allstar center was irrelevant as well as most of the rest of the fucking rotation players on the team to try to make your point less fucking stupid. The Jazz lost because they couldn't shoot worth shit, the Blazers will lose for the same reason, both teams had/have tons of toughness/heart/whatever, come the fuck on.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
1249214-what_the_fuck_am_i_reading_super_6298.png

I have no interest in killing my team or wishing to jump ship to a different fanbase, I'm replying to your inane self-loathing about how the Lakers are going to get killed by a team with heart by pointing out that the team the Lakers dominated the most in this run was made of players with chips on their shoulders as large as Everest as absolutely no one thought any of them should make the NBA who played ridiculously hard for one of the toughest coaches of all time. You're now saying that a 17-7 allstar center was irrelevant as well as most of the rest of the fucking rotation players on the team to try to make your point less fucking stupid. The Jazz lost because they couldn't shoot worth shit, the Blazers will lose for the same reason, both teams had/have tons of toughness/heart/whatever, come the fuck on.
The Jazz were made up of players who didn't have 1/10th the heart of their coach. Like the Mavs they lack heart except unlike the Mavs whose best playerdoes have it the Jazz players never did.

Doomsayer

How can people call the West weak? It makes no sense to me. The West has 8 teams that can go to the Finals and the only real shocker would be the Hornets. The East has 2 dominant teams and 1 team reestablishing themselves as a contender. The bottom 4 seeds in the east wouldn't have made the playoffs in the West, so of course the series out east are going to be less competitive.

The Pacers/Bulls and Knicks/Celtics have been entertaining most of the time. When the Knicks best player isn't Bill Walker and FTRose isn't going to the line for getting sneezed on, that is.

diehard

Fleer
LovingSteam said:
The Jazz were made up of players who didn't have 1/10th the heart of their coach. Like the Mavs they lack heart except unlike the Mavs whose best playerdoes have it the Jazz players never did.
lol look at you trying to troll.

numble

Dark FaZe said:
So was the Gasol trade officially vindicated today?
Remember when Popovich said this?
"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension," Popovich told SI.com. "There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade."

Today we know why.

numble said:
Remember when Popovich said this?
"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension," Popovich told SI.com. "There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade."

Today we know why.

Fantastic post.

The Stealth Fox

Stupid Lakers gonna win another stupid title. Can't wait 'till lil' old Stern walks in and demands a new arena so then they have to move the team because LA fans are too busy burning cars instead of going to the games.

Seattle Lakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom