• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Blackace said:
Not trying to shit on the city really I am not.. but you traded for TO when he handcuffing the 49ers, and you got him after the first trade was revoked by the NFL..

TO's agent forgot to file for free agency in time, so the Niners traded him to Baltimore. But the NFL somehow ignored their own rules and let him go to Phily (as a free agent). I have no idea why. Stupid NFL.

Anyway, Philly's a tough sell. Bitter fans, lousy weather, and iffy history. Not much upside.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Blackace said:
Not trying to shit on the city really I am not.. but you traded for TO when he handcuffing the 49ers, and you got him after the first trade was revoked by the NFL..
The deal that sent him to Baltimore wasn't exactly revoked. The Ravens ended up getting compensation from both the Niners and Eagles.

Black Mamba said:
Get Bynum in for LO. LO is useless tonight.

Bynum is useless too. Might as well put in Theo and Joe Smith because our bigs played like pure shit tonight. That was the game. It's our biggest advantage if we don't use it then CP3 gets to be a much bigger factor than he should be.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gigglepoo said:
TO's agent forgot to file for free agency in time, so the Niners traded him to Baltimore. But the NFL somehow ignored their own rules and let him go to Phily (as a free agent). I have no idea why. Stupid NFL.

Anyway, Philly's a tough sell. Bitter fans, lousy weather, and iffy history. Not much upside.

I thought they had to trade for him.. But anyways, I still say it isn't a hotbed for FA to run to.. Huge name FA never list Philly as a top choice from what I see.. even if the teams have a shot at winning something..

LovingSteam said:
Anyone who still thinks Lakers are getting to the finals let alone winning it all are smokin' something fierce.

I'll share that stuff with u when they make the finals....They never said Artest would work in L.A. too and it did

Doomsayer

Odom finally gets a board and then proceeds to turn it over. I just don't see how the Lakers can be so inconsistent. Where is the hunger and fire?

Gigglepoo

Rodeo Clown said:
The deal that sent him to Baltimore wasn't exactly revoked. The Ravens ended up getting compensation from both the Niners and Eagles.

Wikipedia said:
Before an arbitrator could make a ruling on Owens' grievance, the NFL and the three teams involved in the controversy reached a settlement on March 16, 2004. The Ravens got their second-round pick back from San Francisco, and the 49ers in turn received a conditional fifth-round pick and defensive end Brandon Whiting from the Eagles in exchange for the rights to Owens

I guess the Ravens got nothing in the deal and the Niners got some crap from Philly. Stupid NFL.

Blackace

sf2fanatic said:
I'll share that stuff with u when they make the finals....They never said Artest would work in L.A. too and it did

lawl.. I would be a little more concerned with making the next round at this point.. I think they will make it and all that, but they aren't looking so elite out there..

threenote said:
we're going to lose BECAUSE of Kobe.

5-16

Kobe had a bad game, but he facilitated and got to the line. 5-16 is bad, but we can win if he shoots that way (it's the 9-26 games that fuck things up). We can't win if our bigs get outplayed by the opponents bigs, which is what's happening, at least on the boards.

Ninja Scooter said:
Bynum is useless too. Might as well put in Theo and Joe Smith because our bigs played like pure shit tonight. That was the game. It's our biggest advantage if we don't use it then CP3 gets to be a much bigger factor than he should be.

Bynum has played excellent help defense tonight, especially on CP3. Also leads the bigs in boards.

Look, the Lakers have given up 83 points so far despite a billion offensive rebounds. The defense has been good, but rebounding not. But the offense has been pure shit. Kobe's shooting, LO not doing anything. Bynum has been the best big. Look how LO gets a board then gets stripped.

edit: LO has 4 pts and 3 reb. His worst game of the year. Why is he out there?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Blackace said:
I thought they had to trade for him.. But anyways, I still say it isn't a hotbed for FA to run to.. Huge name FA never list Philly as a top choice from what I see.. even if the teams have a shot at winning something..
In the NHL, maybe, but hockey is different because there's a hard cap and few warm market teams.

Blackace

Rodeo Clown said:
In the NHL, maybe, but hockey is different because there's a hard cap and few warm market teams.

like I said before, can't comment on hockey because I know about as much about hockey as most Heat/Laker fans know about hoops

Kobe can't hit anything tonight. Unbelievable.

Rebounding + Kobe shooting. to lose a game when you outplay the other team in almost every facet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom