• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I gotta give some props to theKad for stepping his troll game up this year. He no longer exclusively mentions Kobe or the Lakers.

It's not a lot, but it's something.

Chris Paul is god look at the way he handles the ball in the last few seconds of the shot clock, gets into the defense and then passes the ball out for the open 3.

Lakers have outplayed them in every facet but rebounding in this game and that's the complete difference. unbelievable. What is wrong with Odom? is he hurt?

sigh, and 1.

time to get Kobe/Ron in.

lol @ that call. New Orleans getting all the calls in this series. sigh.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ninja Scooter said:
Bellinelli: It's italian for Starks.

Starks talked trash like no other player not named Reggie, MJ or GP

Bellingelli couldn't bring like 1-17 Johnny!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Rebounding killed us tonight. Period. It's shameful how badly we're getting beat to rebounds. Just shameful.

Kobe playing like ass and LO going ghost again didn't help either.

Kimosabae

Banned
Paul is doing it all himself. His team is useless offensively. If he's not setting someone up directly with an assist he's scoring himself. Seems like no one on the Hornets outside Paul and West can run an iso and create their own shot.

dream

It's nuts how the old, gutted Celtics are the only team to actually perform up to their championship expectations.

Can't put together a string of good games in a row. There will be no "switch" this year. We're gonna be just as inconsistent in the playoffs as we were in the regular season. Gonna have to ride with these fuckers.

punkypine

Blackace said:
Your baseball team gets players, but the Eagles have been trying to find a WR since the team was founded.. and the baseball team is a recent thing, it is not something that has been on-going for 30 years or something. Can't comment about hockey
well, football isn't that big on free agents anyway, but they did get TO (when he was good) and a bunch of defensive/offensive lineman, which are bigger free agent targets in the NFL anyway. There just isn't that much WR movement in the nfl. Anyway, my point is that while its not a glamorous city, the city isn't literally dying

Wow, Phil stuck with Barnes for a long time in this game.

being down 4 knowing the rebounding has been so pitiful is frustrating. Odom being a non-factor, too. Phil is going to put Pau in, but will he take out LO and have Drew close? I think he should.

Cloudy

Banned
Kimosabae said:
Paul is doing it all himself. His team is useless offensively. If he's not setting someone up directly with an assist he's scoring himself. Seems like no one on the Hornets outside Paul and West can run an iso and create their own shot.

Oh please. Ariza carried the team in the first quarter when it seemed like they were about to give up. Paul is awesome but Trev and Landry have played great as well..

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
As someone who isn't a Labron James Hater or Lover (I'm rather indifferent honestly) I have to imagine Heat fans must pull their hair out when James is taking the final shot instead of Wade.

numble

Brettison said:
As someone who isn't a Labron James Hater or Lover (I'm rather indifferent honestly) I have to imagine Heat fans must pull their hair out when James is taking the final shot instead of Wade.
Hater.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
punkypine said:
well, football isn't that big on free agents anyway, but they did get TO (when he was good) and a bunch of defensive/offensive lineman, which are bigger free agent targets in the NFL anyway. There just isn't that much WR movement in the nfl. Anyway, my point is that while its not a glamorous city, the city isn't literally dying

Not trying to shit on the city really I am not.. but you traded for TO when he handcuffing the 49ers, and you got him after the first trade was revoked by the NFL..

dream said:
It's nuts how the old, gutted Celtics are the only team to actually perform up to their championship expectations.

They played a team with Melo and D-leaguers, for the most part. After Billups + Amar'e got hurt, New York became the worst team in the playoffs by a mile and it was already a bad matchup for NYK.

Boston should have swept them with ease.

edit: 2 rebounds for LO. ew.

Cloudy

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Wow, Phil stuck with Barnes for a long time in this game.

being down 4 knowing the rebounding has been so pitiful is frustrating. Odom being a non-factor, too. Phil is going to put Pau in, but will he take out LO and have Drew close? I think he should.

Take Drew out. We don't need missed fts and no passing at this point

dream

Black Mamba said:
They played a team with Melo and D-leaguers, for the most part. After Billups + Amar'e got hurt, New York became the worst team in the playoffs by a mile and it was already a bad matchup for NYK.

Boston should have swept them with ease.

edit: 2 rebounds for LO. ew.

The Lakers are playing gimpy Chris Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom