• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:
Can we all agree to stop posting just FTA totals as if in means anything?
When Portland is doubling up in points in the paint for the series against Dallas, yeah, it means something. The aggressor isn't getting the calls this series.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
reilo said:
When Portland is doubling up in points in the paint for the series against Dallas, yeah, it means something. The aggressor isn't getting the calls this series.
Blazers haven't earned free throws yet this game, at all.

reilo said:

The disparity in point in the paint is probably because Portland is fouling in the paint and Dallas is not.

Remember when you (I think) posted that Portland is shooting 70% in the paint when Chandler is in?

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

SamuraiX-

Looks like I missed a party in here earlier.

Brandy still has my vote for Troll of the Year. If he works on his consistency he could very well possibly be the MVT (Most Valuable Troll) next season!

Bishman

marathonfool said:
Holy shit. A total of 3 fouls called on the Mavs in the first half. Not even talking about FTA.
We are playing better defense. Dallas is using a lot of traps, with player rotating off their man.

reilo

Bishman said:
We are playing better defense. Dallas is going a lot of traps with players rotating off.
Better defense means letting the other team shoot 47% on the field to your teams 45% and commit 3 more TOs than the opposition?

Bishman said:
We are playing better defense. Dallas is going a lot of traps with players rotating off.

wrong. if there is ever a FT disparity in the game the refs are obviously trying to fix the game. every game should have almost identical FT's for both teams

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wrong. if there is ever a FT disparity in the game the refs are obviously trying to fix the game. every game should have almost identical FT's for both teams

The Mavs let people run in the lane and don't attempt to defend. That's why there's a lack of disparity in FTs. Blazers are scoring at will in the paint.

Oh man, I hope Grizz win this game. Would be awesome to have another 1 seed lose to an 8th seed, especially if it's the Spurs.

reilo

Rodeo Clown said:
ZBo is a much better passer than I remember.
He worked really hard on his passing out of the post/double-team game his last season in Portland. Didn't really mean much, though, as he didn't pass nearly enough. He tried, that's for sure.

Branduil

I don't know why it's surprising, Spurs have a really weak frontcourt and Memphis has one of the best in basketball. It's an upset waiting to happen.

Branduil said:
of bad trade competitions

headnod.gif

numble

Black Mamba said:
Duncan is 35 today. How many more years he got in him? 2? 3?

he doesn't strike me as the type of player who will Shaq it up as a bench guy.
Shaq has been a starter on every team he's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom