• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman M

dIEHARD said:
If i made a joke about someone in here being black, and attributed a racial stereotype about that person, would you consider me racist?

No not necessarily, i don't condone people pulling the race card on every little issue, kind of annoying to be honest, anyways sorry i offended you dude....

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:
If you are trying to say that you are Pau in this conversation, then well, you're finally making sense.
Oh Sasha. One day you'll understand the ways of life.

diehard

Fleer
Darkman M said:
No not necessarily, i don't condone people pulling the race card on every little issue, kind of annoying to be honest, anyways sorry i offended you dude....
I wasn't even offended that much, but damn the polygamy jokes get tired. There's so many other targets you get.. 0 rings.. "toxic" Lake.. ect.

giri

LovingSteam said:
Hate to go here but race/=religion.
Yeah, you see, that makes you as intolerant as a racist, really, and also makes you a hypocrite.

But i know gaf standards make it ok to be intolerant against religion, so what ever. I just find the double standards sprouted by many laughable.

So take your stand NBA Age:

Lakers or Hornets tonight and the differential

I am going Lakers by 7-9

giri said:
Yeah, you see, that makes you as intolerant as a racist, really, and also makes you a hypocrite.

But i know gaf standards make it ok to be intolerant against religion, so what ever. I just find the double standards sprouted by many laughable.

LOL. Dude, I am Jewish and have my masters in divinity. My under grad was in religious studies. If there is someone here who is anti religion it isn't me. But carry on lol.

dream

So how does this polygamy thing work? Do you actually have so much love that you need to distribute it between your multiple wives? Or is it just like keeping a blonde around for one day and a brunette for another day?

edit: I'm genuinely curious and not just making fun of dIEHARD.

reilo

rp34.png

Tom and I spoke a couple of days ago and I made clear that there would be no free passes for injuries or anything else. It's cumulative regular season-long contributions at both ends of the court. I'm not saying Milicic will score more, play better D, have a better PER, be more efficient or anything else. I'm saying that over the course of this season, smart analysis will show he'll produce more at both ends of the floor, in total.
http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/28124/shaq-vs-darko-losing-ugly

Now that's a quality troll.

reilo

dream said:
So how does this polygamy thing work? Do you actually have so much love that you need to distribute it between your multiple wives? Or is it just like keeping a blonde around for one day and a brunette for another day?

edit: I'm genuinely curious and not just making fun of dIEHARD.
There's a Mormon thread on here to ask that question:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425156

Darkman M said:
I want to note that i never knew Polygamy was a religious thing, i just thought certain Mormons participated in it.

It use to be a precept of the LDS (Diehard can correct me if I am wrong) but was eventually done away with. Now a subset of the LDS community still performs and recognizes it as a precept although from my understanding the LDS officially refuses to recognize this subset.

diehard

Fleer
Darkman M said:
I want to note that i never knew Polygamy was a religious thing, i just thought certain Mormons participated in it.
No Mormons participate in it, it will get you excommunicated and has been that was for over 100 years.

There is a group (mostly in Colorado City) that practice it and call themselves the "FLDS" and have no current connection to the Mormon church.

exarkun

theres some actual ignorance going on in here mixed with some trolling. One of the rare instances where you can't which is which.

Hornets by 5. Gimpy Kobe will be Kome. Also, if I were the hornets, I would try to muscle the shit out of him. No reason not to, its part of the game.

Darkman M said:
Im not doing the whining, i don't get offended over the jokes.

I'm not naming names, but I sure as fuck don't want to come in here and have to spit out my coffee in disgust at some kind of angsty hot potato circle jerk about ron artest (sorry diehard). We should be talking about how lulzy it is that there is a community leadership award (or whatever the hell it's called) in the first place. Before we know it there will be nfl-age linebackers terry tate'ing the fuck out of the lot of us if we aren't careful.

dream

Fuck you guys for not telling me there's a roundtable with Blake, Fields, and Wall on NBATV right now.

edit: lol@these guys all bragging about their individual accomplishments on their shitty teams. Except for Blake. He's cool.

Pkaz01

dream said:
Fuck you guys for not telling me there's a roundtable with Blake, Fields, and Wall on NBATV right now.

edit: lol@these guys all bragging about their individual accomplishments on their shitty teams. Except for Blake. He's cool.
Why is fields there and not cousins?

dream said:

Fields went to the playoffs.

...for a cameo appearance.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Wait, how come there is no Celtics game tonight? I thought everyone said all the other Eastern Conference teams were vastly superior? Clearly there should be a game five tonight...let me check my TV Guide.
Not every team gets to play a team full of D-Leaguers. Only Boston and Memphis were that lucky.

diehard

Fleer
lawlohwhat said:
I'm not naming names, but I sure as fuck don't want to come in here and have to spit out my coffee in disgust at some kind of angsty hot potato circle jerk about ron artest (sorry diehard).
wtf that wasn't me

Branduil

The Hornets aren't capable of winning two games at Staples. Lakers will blow them out tonight and then close them out at the swamp.

2zqx9p2.gif

Darkman M

Branduil said:
The Hornets aren't capable of winning two games at Staples. Lakers will blow them out tonight and then close them out at the swamp.

[IM]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12082922/sports/2zqx9p2.gif[/IMG]

shaq.gif

dream

LovingSteam said:
Interesting. I wonder if an enema is a Mavericks fan normal indulgence when watching the Mavericks in the playoffs.

In poor Brandy's case, it's excreted through his fingers. :(

Owzers

i'm rooting for the Hawks but they are making it impossible not to hate them too. I just want to see Dwight go on a rampage after losing.

Smidget

Come on Magic, just keep doing this and blow out the Hawks, that'd be a great start to trying to get back into the series even if it's a longshot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom