• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Darkman M said:
noahdad.jpg

Lol

Pops has a Discography... Ballin'

Pkaz01

This is the Atlanta we all know and love.. welcome back hawks. You scared us for a minute you know actually playing well in the playoffs and all that.

The Stealth Fox

seattle6418 said:
They are good, but since Calabro retired, it´s Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith by a mile.

A few years back it was Lawler, Smith and Bill Walton and it was even more awesome.

Honarable mentions:

Buckhantz and Chenier
Reid and Fiorentino
Warriors crew
Rockets crew (worrell and drexler i guess)

(not counting the ones used on national television, otherwise Breen and Frazier and Eagle and Fratello are pretty good).

Worrell and Drexler are lulz (and I'm a Rockets fan).

Buckhantz is good from a fan perspective.
The Warriors guys are good too.
And yes, I like Lawler and Smith. They're second in my book. But as far as pure analysis goes I have to go with Guokas.

Frazier is nice. "Slammin and jammin, whippin and dippin"

Anybody here actually own a spalding nba ball? I bought a wilson evolution today because i've played with them before and really like the soft feel, but I've been curious about the real thing. I've never seen someone with one before...

giri

Did collins just miss both FT's ?

Agent 0 running things. He reall is better than jameer.

Who would've thought, put dwight in the PnR, and good things happen. I mean, they only went to the finals with that as their only offensive play, but i for one, am glad they went away from it for most of the series.

Meier

At least we're showing heart tonight. I can't get very excited about the Magic because I am just dreading Dwight pulling a Lebron and destroying our franchise.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Black Mamba said:
leather NBA balls are expensive, no? Are they even for retail? I really don't know.

Never played with one.

I always found that the NCAA basketballs were better

J2 Cool

dream said:
Joakim Noah has more assists than Derrick Rose. :(

Same amount. Are we really going to complain in the middle of a game about stat lines? Rose is playing fine and the Bulls are winning.

edit: Ok. You can complain about Rose's 3pt attempts. jesus

Black Mamba said:
leather NBA balls are expensive, no? Are they even for retail? I really don't know.

Never played with one.

Yea, they're over $100 iirc, but I definitely remember the players throwing a fit when the nba tried to switch to composite leather balls a few years back, so there's gotta be a reason why.

dream

I like Derrick Rose. I just think he's more like Worstbrook than RR9 so all the "best point guard in the league" stuff makes me shake my head.

J2 Cool

dIEHARD said:
Can we all agree that Rose's "improved 3 point shot" was just a early season fluke?

Yeah, his form just doesn't look like a 3 point shooters. He gets nothing on them, with the late release he has. I'm sure he practices them still, but he's not there.

Also, if you need that much leg in your shot, it's not going to be consistent as you get tired. All the best shooters have effortless releases.

giga said:
Hey JJ, now that you're getting paid, want to help out with the game?

http://i.imgur.com/rnZsV.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KI9mq.png[IMG]

[B]NEGATIVE 22 WHAT THE FUCK[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL. He did that shit last year, before he got paid. He has no control over it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
If the Bulls choke again this game, I will be disappoint. Put an end to this already.

And I'm LOLing watching the Orlando Magic game. That's right, I only mentioned the Orlando Magic game...they might as well be playing against themselves.

J2 Cool

AlphaSnake said:
If the Bulls choke again this game, I will be disappoint. Put an end to this already.

They've never really led in their previous games much. In fact, I think this is their first halftime lead.

J2 Cool

jjasper said:
Spurs had their first halftime lead in the series yesterday too.

I'm not saying its over, I'm just replying to "choke again". The Bulls haven't choked this series, they just haven't played well a lot of times.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Man you guys are obsessed with this point guard shit. Do you realize that Bulls and Lakers won championships with Ron Harper and Derrek Fisher at PG. Not all teams are built the same. Fuck positions! give me 5 basketball players!

PS I loooove Chris Paul and Rondo :p

zychi

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
Man you guys are obsessed with this point guard shit. Do you realize that Bulls and Lakers won championships with Ron Harper and Derrek Fisher at PG. Not all teams are built the same. Fuck positions! give me 5 basketball players!
I totally agree(no sarcasm here), I mean Steve Nash, Kidd, and Stockton were/are great PGS, those assists got them SOOO many rings

:lol

giri

Doc Holliday said:

Rond would love to be chris paul too.

diehard

Fleer
Doc Holliday said:

Yes lets highlight how a PG isnt important by saying many rings teams with the GOAT and a top 10 player all time won while running a system that de-emphasizes the role of a point guard.

J2 Cool

Doc Holliday said:

It's more MVP backlash than anything. Which is understandable, but it was given for the regular season. Westbrook story is Robin stealing Batman's suit.

Point guards matter though, and Westbrook playing like one when you have as good of players as Durant on your team helps the team. Rose has an altogether different situation, as much as they're compared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom