• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
zychi said:
I totally agree(no sarcasm here), I mean Steve Nash, Kidd, and Stockton were/are great PGS, those assists got them SOOO many rings

:lol

To be fair Stockton and Malone would have likely won those 2 titles if it weren't for MJ. He screwed a lot of HOFs out of rings :p

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
dIEHARD said:
Yes lets highlight how a PG isnt important by saying many rings teams with the GOAT and a top 10 player all time won while running a system that de-emphasizes the role of a point guard.

K how about Pistons with Chauncey at PG, who was not in the top 5 in assists. Or Rockets with Kenny Smith at PG. BTW I'm not saying point guards don't matter, of course they do. But it depends on the team.

J2 Cool

Rose's 3 point attempts are passing up Boozer's random yells, for best unintentional comedy on the Bulls. His consistency is amazing though.

dream

Derrick Rose: "Oh, you've gotta have a traditional PG." STFU! Combo guard. He's gotta handle the ball in transition or when pushing the tempo. His iso is good, but everything else is garbage. He's gonna develop a sick post game too. Dude's gonna be using cheat codes. If he stops with the bullshit, long-rage, contested jumpers, he'll be MVP. Oh shit! Did I say MVP? M-V-fucking-P. No triple-double though.

zychi

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
K how about Pistons with Chauncey at PG, who was not in the top 5 in assists. Or Rockets with Kenny Smith at PG.
White Chocolate on the Heat.
Whoever the PG was when Duncan & Robinson won the title together.

There's a long list of meh pgs who have won titles. Not everyone is as good as Magic.

dream said:
Derrick Rose: "Oh, you've gotta have a traditional PG." STFU! Combo guard. He's gotta handle the ball in transition or when pushing the tempo. His iso is good, but everything else is garbage. He's gonna develop a sick post game too. Dude's gonna be using cheat codes. If he stops with the bullshit, long-rage, contested jumpers, he'll be MVP. Oh shit! Did I say MVP? M-V-fucking-P. No triple-double though.

but what... about... lebron

:(

Owzers

return to watching Black Swan that i rented or watch the Bulls/Pacers game...i've already given up on the trash Hawks game, Pacers seems to have a chance in this one.

zychi said:
White Chocolate on the Heat.
Whoever the PG was when Duncan & Robinson won the title together.

There's a long list of meh pgs who have won titles. Not everyone is as good as Magic.

Not when the PG was the best player on the team like Rose is. Actually that's not true, Deng is better than him.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
J2 Cool said:
Damn, Thibs can't play a squad without Rose? Not good. Boozer with the season ending mental injury doesn't help either.

He should leave Rose on the bench, refs are calling everything tonight.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Rose has to play too hard, for this team to have any shot at winning a second round matchup.

I still feel like trading Noah + whatever for Melo is a decision they'll come to wish that they got done.

zychi

Banned
Red Blaster said:
Not when the PG was the best player on the team like Rose is. Actually that's not true, Deng is better than him.
You're missing my point, because I'm on Rose's side. I'm a Bulls fan.
I'm saying traditional PGs who won a title aren't always as good as Rose, some don't deserve the ring, but got one anyways. Don't get it twisted I'm rooting for Rose 100%.

J2 Cool

Thibs decision paid off. Did anyone catch Boozer's whiffed high-five? gif-worthy.

Seda said:
STFU STACEY KING ARGAHRGAHGRHAGRHGAHRG

Oh thats good its on tnt too, switching channels

This series turned me off of them for the rest of the playoffs. I don't know what happened, I used to like them, but Pipp is the only guy I could stand listening to by the end of game 4.

dream

Cloudy said:
The Rose ball-washing is getting so annoying. At least he's not playing like crap tonight

Sometimes they roll into town at 2:30 in the morning and he'll keep signing autographs for everyone until his teammates pull him away to get some well-deserved rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom