• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mest30

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
Seriously this game has so much evidence that Gibson should start over Boozer.

Agreed. Unfortunately in professional sports, or at least in Chicago, those who get paid get to play.

thekad

Banned
dream said:
Sometimes they roll into town at 2:30 in the morning and he'll keep signing autographs for everyone until his teammates pull him away to get some well-deserved rest.

"Let me just sign these last few, guys! For the kids!"

zychi

Banned
I'm surprised McRoberts got that fed up at Noah being physical and talking shit. You're a grown man McRoberts, play harder and stop pretending to be tough.

Gigglepoo

zychi said:
I'm surprised McRoberts got that fed up at Noah being physical and talking shit. You're a grown man McRoberts, play harder and stop pretending to be tough.

So Noah's allowed to hit him but McRob can't hit him back? Gottcha

zychi said:

They didn't seem to have a problem with it when it was them thuggin it up in the previous games.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Gigglepoo said:

Seriously. What just happened? Noah didn't even get a slap on the wrist foul. Wtf?

J2 Cool

thekad said:
Refs giving the game away again. Noah thuggery.

Pacers have been doing that shit all series. McRoberts and Foster gave Rose a double elbow to the mouth earlier in the series. Noah throws something out there and McRoberts loses his shit.

zychi

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
They're calling that a flagrant 2? And how come Noah wasn't whistled for his forearm?
The forearm was a response to McRoberts hitting him, it wasn't an intentional thrown forearm, it was more of a reaction of his arm going up.

thekad

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
They're calling that a flagrant 2? And how come Noah wasn't whistled for his forearm?

The guy who got hit is tossed out. The guy who threw the forearm gets two free throws and the ball back.

Stern made the call.

Gigglepoo

AlphaSnake said:
Seriously. What just happened? Noan didn't even get a slap on the wrist foul. Wtf?

What's the point of looking at a replay if you're going to ignore the instigator?

J2 Cool said:
Pacers have been doing that shit all series. McRoberts and Foster gave Rose a double elbow to the mouth earlier in the series. Noah throws something out there and McRoberts loses his shit.

Loses his shit? He didn't even make contact!

Gigglepoo said:
Are you insane? They were boxing out on the first contact for the rebound where they hut each other and then McRoberts came out swinging.

zychi

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Have you been watching the series at all? The Pacers have been hitting the Bulls the whole series, hands across Derrick's face, elbow checks into Noah's stomach. McRoberts THREW A PUNCH(and missed like a fool) you can't do that. It's considered assault buddy.

dream

To be honest, McRoberts should be fined and suspended for not leaving the court immediately and sticking around to stare down Noah and the refs.

zychi said:
Have you been watching the series at all? The Pacers have been hitting the Bulls the whole series, hands across Derrick's face, elbow checks into Noah's stomach. McRoberts THREW A PUNCH(and missed like a fool) you can't do that. It's considered assault buddy.

Look at my link earlier in the thread, last game when Derrick got free under the basket, McRoberts threw an elbow as he was inbounding.

Dude is lucky he is even allowed to be in the series, maybe he can practice throwing elbows at the YMCA against 50 year old men after they are done pretending to work out.

Gigglepoo

zychi said:
Have you been watching the series at all? The Pacers have been hitting the Bulls
the whole series, hands across Derrick's face, elbow checks into Noah's stomach.

What does this have to do with what I said?

zychi said:
McRoberts THREW A PUNCH(and missed like a fool) you can't do that. It's considered assault buddy.

Threw a punch? Assault? What the hell are you talking about?

zychi

Banned
dream said:
To be honest, McRoberts should be fined and suspended for not leaving the court immediately and sticking around to stare down Noah and the refs.
It won't happen though because McRoberts is basically a nobody and ESPN won't pick this up and blow it up like they would if it happened to Kobe or Lebron.

Gigglepoo

dream said:

He left after they looked at the replay, didn't he? That's probably allowed.

zychi

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
What does this have to do with what I said?

Threw a punch? Assault? What the hell are you talking about?
Apparently you didn't watch what you're commenting on. McRoberts just threw a punch at Noah. I'll be sure not to respond to your trolling anymore.

If I punch you in public, with intent to hurt you, it's assault.

e: it's actually battery which is a form of assault.

dream

zychi said:
It won't happen though because McRoberts is basically a nobody and ESPN won't pick this up and blow it up like they would if it happened to Kobe or Lebron.

This is true. I had no idea who he was until just now...and I've watched this entire series.

dream said:

I think it was because they were making sure with the replay? But I agree.

Seda

overcast said:
Well let's hope the next game doesn't disappoint. By that I mean I want to see the lakers lose just for the meltdowns.

I can't even imagine. The Pacers losing has the board so salty, the Lakers? Total fallout!

zychi

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
So you're saying that McRoberts broke the law by throwing a forearm at Noah?
He threw a punch. He didn't throw a forearm. He got ejected for throwing a punch at Noah. Now please leave me alone.

Gigglepoo

zychi said:
He threw a punch. He didn't throw a forearm. He got ejected for throwing a punch at Noah. Now please leave me alone.

I'm asking you a point blank question. You said it was assault and battery, which are real crimes that you go to jail for. So, if this was battery (as you claim) are you saying he broke the law?

J2 Cool said:
He threw two of these at Noah, who dodged them. It's not about the damage, but the intent.

I agree. Forearm and punch are different things. I never said he shouldn't have been tossed. I'm just surprised Noah wasn't punished.

zychi

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
I'm asking you a point blank question. You said it was assault and battery, which are real crimes that you go to jail for. So, if this was battery (as you claim) are you saying he broke the law?
Battery
In common law, criminal assault was an attempted battery. The elements of battery are (1) a volitional act[6] (2) done for the purpose of causing an harmful or offensive contact with another person or under circumstances that make such contact substantially certain to occur and (3) which causes such contact.[7] Thus throwing a rock at someone for the purpose of hitting him is a battery if the rock in fact strikes the person and is an assault if the rock misses. The fact that the person may have been unaware that the rock had been thrown at him is irrelevant under this definition of assault.

Yes, he technically broke the law, but no one is going to press charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom