• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimm Fandango said:
McBob with some thuggish shit. Get him out of there.
What a punch too. If your going to get thrown out of the game probably a good idea to learn the difference between a closed hand bro fist and a punch.

Gigglepoo

BruceLeeRoy said:
What a punch too. If your going to get thrown out of the game probably a good idea to learn the difference between a closed fist bro fist and a punch.

J. Rich went out with a slap. That's how NBA players fight these days. Though I guess these are all battery and they should all be tossed in jail.

Mest30

Banned
zychi said:
Apparently you didn't watch what you're commenting on. McRoberts just threw a punch at Noah. I'll be sure not to respond to your trolling anymore.

If I punch you in public, with intent to hurt you, it's assault.

e: it's actually battery which is a form of assault.

Battery is not a type of assault. Its the unwanted touching of another person that causes insult or injury. Assault is a verbal threat that puts another person in a reasonable situation to receive a battery.

J2 Cool

Gibson's hustle is awesome to see. If Bogans is playing well and making up some offense, or we sub in Korver earlier in games, Taj should get more minutes than Boozer. I don't know what you have to do to get Boozer going, but he isn't playing even close to mediocre. He's been plain bad.

Red Blaster said:
Bulls Triple L's whining about McBobs when they have Kurt Thomas on their team is rich

I wanted Thomas to retaliate for that shit in earlier games, but he's been quiet for his standards this series.

Mest30

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Would you say football players break the law whenever they tackle someone?

No because battery is the unwanted touching of another. If you don't want to be touched as a football player, find a new profession.

J2 Cool said:
I wanted Thomas to retaliate for that shit in earlier games, but he's been quiet for his standards this series.

Yeah I've been wanting him to club Foster the whole series but I don't think he's really done much other than knocking Hansborough out cold in game 1 or 2.

Gigglepoo

Mest30 said:
No because battery is the unwanted touching of another. If you don't want to be touched as a football player, find a new profession.

And you do realize that defenders are trying to cause harm, though, right? And they use excessive force as well. Technically, it's battery. They should all be in jail! Well, at least Ray Lewis.

Oh, and basketball is a contact sport as well. In Noah didn't want to be hit, he shouldn't be fighting for rebounds, should he?

zychi

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Would you say football players break the law whenever they tackle someone?
If I say whatever you want me to say will you leave this thread, since you clearly don't understand the concept of basketball.

Gigglepoo said:
J. Rich went out with a slap. That's how NBA players fight these days. Though I guess these are all battery and they should all be tossed in jail.
I agree that is ridiculous but he definitely was trying really hard to make contact but his white genes betrayed him.

dream

God, this is so boring. Now I'm angry at the Knicks for sucking so much that they denied me a Game 5 and a chance to watch the Celtics.

Gigglepoo

EvilDick34 said:
Why is this trolling being tolerated? Giggle, go take a long walk and stop trolling.

He's saying that throwing a forearm in an NBA game is battery and I'm trolling? I'm asking a serious question. There are different rules and laws on a sports field than in real life, or else everyone would be in jail.

J2 Cool said:
Who's your NFL team?

49ers. This is our year!

Gigglepoo

zychi said:
It is, that's how fouls are called, genius. I hear a car coming, go back under your bridge troll.

Fouls are called, arrests aren't made. Do you actually believe that throwing a forearm is battery, is considering breaking the law, and could be prosecuted? And I"m not talking about a hypothetical situation. I'm talking about what McBob did. Could he be found guilty of battery for what he did?

zychi

Banned
Welp, I'm confident this game is over, with Indy taking techs, I'll be moving on to the NHL thread to talk about my Hawks.

Gigglepoo said:
49ers. This is our year!

as an unbiased party, i really have to agree with this. i am a pittsburgh steelers fan and the one team i would NOT want to play this season is the niners. unfortunately i think we are going to have to face them in the superbowl :(

Mest30

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
He's saying that throwing a forearm in an NBA game is battery and I'm trolling? I'm asking a serious question. There are different rules and laws on a sports field than in real life, or else everyone would be in jail.

49ers. This is our year!

I'm a cop. Technically its illegal but nobody would sign complaints and even if they did, a judge would dismiss charges. Do some research though, there are cases where pro sports players have been charged. You'd have to cause some injury, but it happens.

zychi

Banned
dIEHARD said:
him leave? does anyone in here even know who you are?
Nope, because I'm a junior. Berate me.

Giggle, McRoberts didnt throw a forearm. He threw a punch. Noah didn't do anything, you can pretend he did, but the replay had him getting into position.

Huge difference. If you want to discuss this more go talk to the wall, or look up the rules of the NBA. Ask Ron Artest what throwing punches in Detroit got him. He punched players and fans. He got sued for assault.

End.

effzee

zychi said:
If I say whatever you want me to say will you leave this thread, since you clearly don't understand the concept of basketball.

Hhahha this is a serious post? The concept of basketball? Please do explain. Noah is an irritant. He is a dirty player who gets away with tons of shit because he instigates and hopes players retaliate. McRoberts deserved to be ejected by giggs is right...if you are going to look at a replay why not also "catch" what caused it all? Why not give him a technical for throwing a forearm?

Simple case of Bulls fans only getting pissy about it because its their player. If the roles were reversed no would be calling for battery/assault/ or questioning the concept of basketball.

thekad

Banned
Mest30 said:
I'm a cop. Technically its illegal but nobody would sign complaints and even if they did, a judge would dismiss charges. Do some research though, there are cases where pro sports players have been charged. You'd have to cause some injury, but it happens.

Noah should be in handcuffs. Thug.

effzee

zychi said:
Nope, because I'm a junior. Berate me.

Giggle, McRoberts didnt throw a forearm. He threw a punch. Noah didn't do anything, you can pretend he did, but the replay had him getting into position.

Huge difference. If you want to discuss this more go talk to the wall, or look up the rules of the NBA. Ask Ron Artest what throwing punches in Detroit got him. He punched players and fans. He got sued for assault.

End.

Noah didn't do anything? I am sure I saw something different along with the commentators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom